Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

sanji no 1 said:
Vampire Knight
6/10
A mate of mine let me borrow this. I dont useally watch anime like this, I useally watch Shonen or fighting/Action orientied shows, and even though i didnt think it was great, it was decent atleast.

I liked the overall gothic and dark tone. I thought it suited well with the theme of vampires. The first half was pretty good with Yuki finding out that Zero was a vampire.

Although the second half was VERY boring. I didnt see the point of Shizuka. She felt really forced taked on at the last minute. I didnt really like any of the characters eaither. They were so bland and had NO personality what so ever. I hated Yuki the most. She did nothing but talk about Zero and Kanemae. It should of focused on the other Night class memebers and there powers. That would of made the series ALOT better
its like twilight but a 1000 times better

look at it this way at least its better then those twilight films cause i feel vampire knights was a bit like them but a 1000 times better

The animation was pretty average. Nothing great but nothing terrible eaither.

Overall Not a terrible series, but an average one that could of been SO much better. A hit and miss show.

animefreak17 said:
sanji no 1 said:
Vampire Knight
6/10
A mate of mine let me borrow this. I dont useally watch anime like this, I useally watch Shonen or fighting/Action orientied shows, and even though i didnt think it was great, it was decent atleast.

I liked the overall gothic and dark tone. I thought it suited well with the theme of vampires. The first half was pretty good with Yuki finding out that Zero was a vampire.

Although the second half was VERY boring. I didnt see the point of Shizuka. She felt really forced taked on at the last minute. I didnt really like any of the characters eaither. They were so bland and had NO personality what so ever. I hated Yuki the most. She did nothing but talk about Zero and Kanemae. It should of focused on the other Night class memebers and there powers. That would of made the series ALOT better

look at it this way at least its better then those twilight films cause i feel vampire knights was a bit like them but a 1000 times better

The animation was pretty average. Nothing great but nothing terrible eaither.

Overall Not a terrible series, but an average one that could of been SO much better. A hit and miss show.

Woah! What the hell? I didnt say it was better than Twighlight.

Usagi Drop 9/10

I don't think I can cope with the cuteness. I've been trying to steal a small child all week. I'd have given it 10 but I felt the ending could've been better (I know they didn't get to the end of the manga) and there was very little progression in plot or characters after episode 2 really. That aside it's pretty much one of the best series I've ever seen and has pushed parenthood a few notches up my priority list :)

@sanji no 1

if you watch vampire knights and the twilight films back to back they are so similar but vampire knights did it better

instead of wearwolves and vampires in twilight we get vampires and hunters in vampire knights

we have a love triangle in both the movies of twilight and vampire knights, infact they are exactly alike but yuki is way more likeable then bella

animefreak17 said:
*insert text here*

I have to say, I've had Vampire Knight sat on my shelf for some tiem (picked up the singles for £2 each in Fopp).

"Better than Twilight" is not the kind of endorsement that will get me to watch it, and 'watch twilight and Vampire Knight back to back' is the kind of offer I'm definitely inclined to refuse!

FourthLion said:
animefreak17 said:
*insert text here*

I have to say, I've had Vampire Knight sat on my shelf for some tiem (picked up the singles for £2 each in Fopp).

"Better than Twilight" is not the kind of endorsement that will get me to watch it, and 'watch twilight and Vampire Knight back to back' is the kind of offer I'm definitely inclined to refuse!

oh trust me its better a trillion times better the characters are better the animations so freakin beautifully amazing the story drags you in.

usually i with all my heart hate with a capital H hate romance animes.................... but vampire knights is thee only romance i love. you'll be amazed have a look

Yeah and plus the guys are like 90% more girly.....nothing like these badboys
Twilight_werewolves.jpg

"Roar"

(I know they didn't get to the end of the manga)

And let us all be grateful for that!! To be fair I haven't seen the end of the anime, but it was being so disturbed by the manga's ending that prevented me from continuing on with the show , at the time.

Ghost Hound 7/10

I'm of mixed thoughts on Ghost Hound, some of the characters are interesting, and as you muse through various things hinted or more directly told, a lot of the story comes together. Earlier on especially the show is fairly threaded, so a lot of the connections will not necessarily begin to come together until later into your viewing.

That said, it's a real slow burner, and I do mean really slow; with some episodes feeling like you hadn't really progressed very much at all, especially near the beginning.

That said, the whole psychological take on some of the elements of the show was a little different than you might perhaps be expected to see, and it banded together Japanese folk culture, sci-fi and the supernatural into a workable mix.

Spriggan

This movie is something like Indiana Jones meets Akira meets Robocop. Nothing good, nothing bad, flat characters, just average and forgettable.

Score: 6 / 10

Teo

Dragonball gt

The character designs aren't what they was in z-
Cell looks the most different.

Gohan should be in his ultamate form why is he a ssj

Plot holes
Black star dragonballs-
1.Why didn't they use the earth dragonballs to bring them back.
2. If the black star dragonballs are piccolos then shouldn't the nameken dragonballs scatter in space since there leader is at full power at the get go.

If baby made dr my and mu made baby............... How dose that work.

Why didn't baby use the earth dragonballs his follower would of told him about them.

in the original manga piccolo said if your sent to he'll you get a new life but all the villains came back in gt.

Freiza used a kenzan and goku was calling it krillins attack.

The personalities are wrong

The music is boring

The animation is dull and boring

The best bit are on boxset 2 but it's still boring

Baby was acutully a good idea having him be a parasite and become someone else and making everyone turn against goku but they could of done better with it

Gotenks isn't in it

When all the villains come back including the movie ones they still treat cell and freiza as the biggest problem but if I remember correctly that bojack and broly and super 13 and that giant monster from wrath of the dragon is more or less powerful then both of them so really goku should of worried more about them.

Vagetas personaltys all wrong * fan was pissed at this*

goku is more stupid then ever, he's to full of him self and so freaking silly

Ssj4 has new clothes along with the tranformation and when they transform in to a ape there clothes are ripped but after going back to there first forms there clothes are back wtf

The story's all over the place. It's a but rush job

Goku trained oob so that when he wasn't around he could be the hero along side the active z fighters but it looks like they can't do anything with out goku. Also its like that the other z fighters are weak and gokus the only strong one

The shadow dragons are a flop cause the number of wishes they used from db to the end of z are less the wishes the namik dragonballs granted cause they used 3 on namik 3 on earth the first time and then a nother 3 after that and another 3 during the buu saga and probably another 3 after the baby saga. If this is the case why didn't the namik dragonballs turn to shadow dragons cause I'm sure they gave more wishes then the earth ones.

The ending of gt was so bad

it was all terrible bad bad bad bad bad bad it's a disgrace to db and z

10-/10

Lupin the 3rd: About that Fujiko Woman
Wow. I haven't gotten around to watching redline (in my defence the last few months have been Bananas) but if that's a movie version of the visuals presented here then I probably should get to correcting that.
Also of note is the fact that there is a lot of female nudity in this and yet I can't call it out like I would shows with similar T and A because it just feels natural to the setting (I would compare it to a comic book having Supergirl in the buff to The Birth of Venus).

Saint Sayia Omega
Cashern Sins dood (who is also Magical DoReiMi dood is also Precure Heartcatch dood) does Saint Sayia. It works. Gurren Lagann doods are also involved.

Aye, Redline is certainly no storytelling masterpiece...but visually and audially, it's great fun to watch. Wacky Races on japanese crack, with a touch of F-Zero/Wipeout is all I can really say :D

alexrose1uk said:
Aye, Redline is certainly no storytelling masterpiece...but visually and audially, it's great fun to watch. Wacky Races on japanese crack, with a touch of F-Zero/Wipeout is all I can really say :D
THAT is a description that will sell something to me. I had yet to see any comments about Redline that sold it to me...that might have.

I thought " Wacky races on Japanese crack" was already the official tagline by now?

But yeah, if you haven't seen it, get on it asap. It was a real breath of fresh air as far as I was concerned, nothing but good mad fun.

hell girl volume 1 6/10

liked the 1st couple of episodes , nice visuals good soundtrack but then by about the 3rd episode i was getting a heavy sense of deja vu and by the last one on the disc it was more boredom i was feeling . it just seems like every episode is a rinse and repeat of the 1st . dont think i will be buying the next volume

Summer Wars

Fine movie, but I was expecting something much better after reading tons of praises everywhere. While I found it to be a good entertainment, it failed to step up to the top tiers. There are too many characters, the only one showing a personality is grandma. The story is decent and predictable, plus there are various technical faults: an AI is able to take control of OZ in few time and can't beat a girl in a card game, yes, totally coherent; OZ has the best security and its code is cracked during a night by 50 people, yes again. I don't regret having bought this movie, but I'm almost sure I'll never rewatch it. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was definetely better.

Score: 7 / 10

The Wings of Honneamise

Really nice story, with profound themes and pretty poetic. It's a well thought critic to a lot of things that happened during the XX century. Great visuals in that lovely 80's style (a nostalgic plus in my book). Its cult status is well deserved. Need to rewatch in the next future, I think it has the potential to grow even more.

Score: 8.5 / 10

Teo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back