Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Taka88 said:
Evangeline 2.22

Perfect Animation, Good storyline, Brilliant Character and Lot Action.

10/10

Trigun Badland Rumble

Iit is first time i watch it. I am very impressive with animation. I not understand why everyone dislike Vash. I think he is funny and goofy but he knew what he doing and want. I will buy Trigun Complete Series DVD future.

7/10

About the trigun movie Did you buy it from hmv or somewhere else

animefreak17 said:
Taka88 said:
Evangeline 2.22

Perfect Animation, Good storyline, Brilliant Character and Lot Action.

10/10

Trigun Badland Rumble

Iit is first time i watch it. I am very impressive with animation. I not understand why everyone dislike Vash. I think he is funny and goofy but he knew what he doing and want. I will buy Trigun Complete Series DVD future.

7/10

About the trigun movie Did you buy it from hmv or somewhere else

I bought it from Amazon US. I give you link. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C127

Bleach the Movie: Fade to Black

This movie was definitely something made to give fans an adrenaline rush to fans - Urahara in his captain attire for no reason at all, a scene where Yoroichi catches Soi Fon in her arms, causing her to blush and the focus on Rukia and Hitsugaya played a minor role - a much needed sigh of relief after the last film.

One thing I was disappointed with, was despite Rukia being the predominant focus of the movie, her screen time consisted of her screaming due to mind molestation or the what, 5-10 minutes of Dark Rukia? That's another thing I found irritating. Dark Rukia was really hyped in trailers and promotional material, yet she only appears in the climax.

The start of this movie is an absolute nightmare plot wise - no explanation is given for anything that's going on and some of the simplest things, like "Why the hell did they do that then?" are never answered - in fact, how did Urahara get into Soul Society anyway? It was shown during the Substitute Arc that when he tried to enter the gate, he was rejected. In the film he said something on the lines of always having the ability, just not wanting to...yeeeah, like I'm believing that.

Also, worse use of memory loss ever. Ichigo forgets about Rukia at the start of a film and remembers here, literally, seconds later (Well, it was overnight in the story - but even that's ridiculous!).

The fights weren't even that spectacular - aside from the use of the word "bastard", I have no idea why it's a 12A. Looking at the BBFC page, it says "Contains moderate violence"...I found it pretty mild if I'm perfectly honest - I'd give it a PG - hell, my 7 year old brother really enjoyed it, so it might be better if it was a PG xD.

I was honestly thinking about ejecting the disc after the first 10-20 minutes, but something kept me watching. It did pick up towards the end, but I still couldn't help but feel that it wasn't a very strong film at all, which is a shame as I'd long given up on the Naruto movies, but I had some hope left for the Bleach movies (apparently the next one didn't do very well at the Japanese box office, right?).

Also, I noticed Urahara's voice sounded different for some reason and that the character models were off a lot of the time (like the more recent episodes).

5/10

EDIT:
Ah, Urahara's voice actor changed. I don't like this new voice.

Trigun

I saw it back in the day, but memories were faded and I could remember only the overall plot. After rewatching it I have a similar feeling like after finishing Kino's Journey: I appreciate it, can't find anything to complain, but I have the sense that I should have to love it much more. I suppose I was in the wrong mood even this time, since I usually love this kind of stories. Maybe it was because I already knew the main details, I just don't know, I can only say that I feel a bit "guilty" giving it only 8 after this rewatch. I'll have to rewatch this again when I'll feel more towards this kind of stuff, along with Kino's Journey.

Score: 8 / 10

Detroit Metal City

I'm a huge metal fan, so when I heard that there was an anime series that joked on death metal I put it on the top of my wanted list.
Finally I found that the Hong Kong official edition had English subs, so I got that version. Some words on it: the package of the 2 DVDs is really nice; the really upsetting thing is the subs timing. They had a difficult job because Japanese VAs talked really fast, but the guy who programmed the timing was really unprofessional: instead of putting 2 lines on the screen he almost always put 1 line, keeping it for less than one second on screen. I've gone really mad while watching this series, I had to stop the video every few seconds to be able to read the subs. I'm sorry for the subs guy, but during the vision I wished him to be raped by Camus and other awful things.
The series was simply great. I laughed hard from start to finish, they made fun of all the cliches in extreme metal. I think this series is almost on par with Spinal Tap (the movie). Unfortunately I can't understand Japanese language, I suppose a lot of jokes went lost in translation. I liked a lot the art, especially how it switches from the pop moments to the metal moments.
Beware that there are various vulgar and extreme scenes about sex, profanities, insults, violence and so on. They are all jokes, but if you get offended by that kind of stuff then avoid this series.

Score: 9 / 10

Teo

I just loved detroit metal city. I wish it could get a license over here.

fma brotherhood: 9/10

great story, great characters, good fights and despite everything ended well, i think it could have an even better final but thats ok. Overall, it was better than i thought.

bakum4tsu said:
I just loved detroit metal city. I wish it could get a license over here.

fma brotherhood: 9/10

great story, great characters, good fights and despite everything ended well, i think it could have an even better final but thats ok. Overall, it was better than i thought.
You felt that too. I thought the ending could of been a bit better too. I think the 2003 fma series ending was better

Personally, I felt that Brotherhood's ending kicked the 2003's ending in the shins, then laughed at it while it cowered on the floor in pain. The only niggle I have with Brotherhood is how the whole "Learn alkahestry!" thing was quickly forgotten.

bakum4tsu said:
honestly i dont remeber the 2003 ending xD
Ed was killed by Envy, so Al, who had been turned into the Philosopher's Stone himself, used the stone to bring Ed back to life; thus sacrificing himself. Ed, realising this, used himself in a transmutation to bring Al back, being sent through the gate in doing so. This meant that Ed was alive in our world (Munich, 1921 to be exact), whereas Al was still in our world.

The movie was used to truly finish the series, with Ed becoming involved in a plot by the Thule Society to access what they think is Shamballa (is actually Amestris) to acquire new weapons to help them in World War 2. During which, Al tries to find a way to reunite with Ed, which ends with both of them deciding to stay in our world.

There were some throwbacks to the 2003 anime's ending with Brotherhood's, such as the ad break in episode 63 happening just as Ed activated the transmutation; which happened in the final episode of the 2003 anime and Ed keeping his automail leg, as the 2003 anime had him keeping his arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2003 ending I thought was more sadder which made it rememberable

But the ending to the 2009 was too obvious, don't get me wrong I love both series and the 2009 series dose make more sence,

trigun badlands rumble - 6/10

Nothing special honestly. Never saw the series i dont think i will ever see after this. Its not that it was bad, its just didnt have nothing good in it.

Street fighter 2 the animated movie
7/10
TBH, this movie has always been my least favorite of the Street Fighter anime movies. To many thing were going on at once, like Guile and Chun li wanting to kill Bison, Ryu just wondering the world, Ken wanting to see Ryu again and Bison just sitting there grinning evilly. I didn't in particularly like the art style either, it was pretty dull looking. Plus the cameos of the other fighters seemed really forced and pointless. Im not trying to hate on this movie, just IMO i think Alpha and Generations are better.

I did however liked the many fight scenes that were brutal and realistic. The Fight between Chun-li and Vega was just awesome. Also the music was also really cool as it helped you get pumped up for fights.

Overall a good movie, just that i personally liked Alpha and Generations more.

bakum4tsu said:
trigun badlands rumble - 6/10

Nothing special honestly. Never saw the series i dont think i will ever see after this. Its not that it was bad, its just didnt have nothing good in it.

I don't blame you for not likingthe movie, even as a fan I was disappointed, but you should give the series a shot, it's much better.

sanji no 1 said:
Street fighter 2 the animated movie
7/10
TBH, this movie has always been my least favorite of the Street Fighter anime movies. To many thing were going on at once, like Guile and Chun li wanting to kill Bison, Ryu just wondering the world, Ken wanting to see Ryu again and Bison just sitting there grinning evilly. I didn't in particularly like the art style either, it was pretty dull looking. Plus the cameos of the other fighters seemed really forced and pointless. Im not trying to hate on this movie, just IMO i think Alpha and Generations are better.

I did however liked the many fight scenes that were brutal and realistic. The Fight between Chun-li and Vega was just awesome. Also the music was also really cool as it helped you get pumped up for fights.

Overall a good movie, just that i personally liked Alpha and Generations more.

Interesting, I thought the two Alpha films were pretty dire, though SFII I only gave a 7 to, as well.

Samurai Girls - 8/10

Likeable characters, nice artwork, and boobs. What more could you ask for? To be fair the plot could have been a bit better but it's still one of the best fanservice shows that I've seen.

Chrono Crusade

I always knew I was going to like it, especially as it features two of my favourite kinds of stock character: "Nun with Gun" and "Catgirl". It was certainly interesting to see the shift mid-way through the series from the more comic side to the darker material as the story involving Aion and Joshua developed. However, it probably wasn't as good as I hope it was going to be. I felt that most of the time I knew what was going to happen, although there were some surprises, Joshua's maid being Satella's sister for example but you always knew that Chrono and Rosette were going to die. Also, the end was a bit perplexing, with Aion and Remington being at the Vatican the day the Pope was shot, with no explaination of what happened to them afterwards, and why Aion had returned.

From what I gather the anime differs in plot to the manga, so I'll probably track the manga down, which will be hard seeing as how the manga is out of print.

Score: 7 / 10

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tatami Galaxy

I rather liked this. I've particulally keen on parallel universe ficition so the idea of all these episodes with slight differnces, all seemingly going to the same terrible conclusion, appealed to me. There were a few laughs, I like the characters, the music, and the pop art style animation. On the downside, the speech and subtitles were at times so quick I often didn't have enough time to read what was going on.

Score: 8 / 10

Sister princess - sweet 8/10
Giant robo - awesome story 9.5/10
Raman fighter miki - loads of fun 9/10
Gravion - kick ass 9.5/10
Disgaea - so cute 9/10
Kentaro - really really good 9/10
Heat guy j - fun to watch 8.5/10

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann -

Since I bought the AL boxset last month, I was determined to watch this as soon as possible, I marathoned all this on Saturday and was it worth it? Hell yes it was.

I can see now, why this is on many people's favourite anime lists or why it seems to be overrated by some, but like Madoka Magica or Full Metal Alchemist, it does deserves the praise it gets.

So let me get this out of the way first, Gurren Lagann is stupid, over-the-top and ridiculous to a point where your brain just turns off, this can be very risky if done wrong but this series does a fantastic job when it takes a break from it's mind-numbing mecha fights, giving a chance to develop the characters and look at the situations there currently in.

Every episode felt like it had a purpose (If you discount episode 16) which made me look forward to every episode it had to offer, everything became bigger and bigger, making things more ludicrous.

It also gave me many emotions (happiness, fear, it even gave me goosebumps) which not a lot of series can do, the ending is a great example of this.

Animation from Gainax was fantastic as well, the cool battle sequnces and a huge amount of lush colors, which is a big plus.

I do have a few nickpicks, I would of liked a few more characters to be developed and I found that I liked the first half more than the 2nd but overall, I really loved this epic series.

9/10

Gekijouban Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners 10/10

What a masterpiece. What a piece of art.

I just didnt like that much movie 6 but the rest was excelent.

Back