Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

all dragon ball movies sucked but path to power was really really good
the 3 dragon ball movies gets a 4/10 cause the dialog was crappy and the voices was terrible
but path to power get 9/10 its just so freakin cool

ilmaestro said:
animefreak17 said:
ilmaestro said:
Can you atone for your past bad deeds though? Or are they done, in the books.
man cant atone
So do you not agree that he deserved to get shot?
he tried to atone for his sins and as a individual that sees this and he shows hes trying to atone. but the people wants him dead cause of a grudge they have for this man but i feel so sorry for him cause he was dying anyway and he was trying to atone for his sins in the past

Dragonball Z Movie: Super Android 13
9/10
Great movie! Definately one of my favourites out of the DBZ movie. One of the better animes ive seen this year!

Good things:
Nice fluid animation
great action

Bad things:
The plot was lame.

sanji no 1 said:
Dragonball Z Movie: Super Android 13
9/10
Great movie! Definately one of my favourites out of the DBZ movie. One of the better animes ive seen this year!

Good things:
Nice fluid animation
great action

Bad things:
The plot was lame.
yeah the polt was lame and short
but 13s accent is funny

Castle of Cagliostro

Solid 7.5/10 Good movie, well put together. I like the way Wolf and the Princess's relationship was resolved, the fact so many anime couples (in non romance animes) often don't end up together is one of my favourite things about anime. It's such a breath of fresh air from all the hollywood inevitability. It's one of the reasons I liked Tony and Pepper's relationship in Iron Man (which the subsequently undid with 2...)

Lawrence said:
Damn, how old was the version you were watching?
Most of them now correctly address 'Wolf' as Lupin or at least the version they show on occasion on channel four does.

Off the top of my head, I think the dub on the most recent DVD release is actually back to the old streamline one, so they would still refer to Lupin as Wolf (even though he's Lupin in the subs).

Lawrence said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Castle of Cagliostro

Solid 7.5/10 Good movie, well put together. I like the way Wolf and the Princess's relationship was resolved, the fact so many anime couples (in non romance animes) often don't end up together is one of my favourite things about anime. It's such a breath of fresh air from all the hollywood inevitability. It's one of the reasons I liked Tony and Pepper's relationship in Iron Man (which the subsequently undid with 2...)

>Wolf.

Damn, how old was the version you were watching?
Most of them now correctly address 'Wolf' as Lupin or at least the version they show on occasion on channel four does.

I taped it off filmfour, judging from the fact Lupin sounded like Luke Skywalker, the v.a. must've been Bob Bergen, so the Streamline dub. In the new dub he's Solid Snake. I thought it was odd, but I thought maybe Wolf was his alias like Kira, or Zero.

Got another video up at last and, what's more, it's actually for a series released this year! Will wonders never cease?

Your Anime Sucks - Level-E

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUs4ENucQlA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUs4ENucQlA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ga Rei Zero:

I get the feeling this is an incomplete manga adaptation. It started off fairly strongly with characters that then just die immediately, and their background is not explained too well. The rest of the show then flashes back to explain why the antagonist defected to turn her wrath upon all her former friends. Ga Rei Zero could legitimately be compared to Berserk/Gungrave in the way it is set up but it executes the tragedy of friends-cum-enemies to a much less successful degree. What is lacking here are complex enough characters - Kagura and Yomi are too predictable to deliver the oscillating friendship dynamic required to anchor this kind of plot, and portrayals of their relationship often resorted to cliche. The secondary cast, especially, were trite. Not all bad, though. Animation was decent and offered one or two above-average highlights, not to mention the introductory episode is superbly punchy. Check this out for some inoffensive storytelling and an interesting take on demon hunting organisations.

6/10

Level E sounds like a lot of fun. I'll add it to the burgeoning list of "Things I Want To Watch On Cruncyroll But Can't Quite Find The Motivation". But now that I have a laptop streaming suddenly seems a whole lot more appealing (no more sitting at my desk, yay).

Ga-Rei Zero sounds somewhat less encouraging, and on the day I received my BD/DVD set as well!

-----------------

Project A-ko - 8/10

The weird thing about this film is how much of it I remember even though it's been at least 12 years since my last viewing. Certain scenes, BGM, and even the characters' facial expressions all brought the memories flooding back, so it's entirely possible that my appreciation of Project A-ko is coloured by nostalgia.

Not that it has no merit: the action sequences are superbly animated, and Yuji Moriyama was THE character designer/animation director of the 1980s (well, okay, along with Tsukasa Dokite and Atsuko Nakajima). And the songs - oh, the songs. It's funny, too, parodying various popular anime from the 1980s and generally being a riotous bunch of fun. In fact, I think "1980s" sums up Project A-ko perfectly; it's certainly not a film that would be made today.

my hime - at the beginning it was your average girl has sleeping powers because someone she meet awakened them and to be honest the first disc was really annoying because of it .
however has the story progresses you get a feeling of remorse for the characters because of there tragic pasts and how they feel for the people they cared about. my hime was looking like a tragedy anime but it had its funny moments and put you on the edge of your seat.

some people on here has said they dont like my hime but i got to say i really really really enjoyed it 8/10

i finally finished the dragon ball series and i got to say i enjoyed it but for some reason i was hoping it would end quickly, maybe because i knew what was coming after dragon ball. dragon ball has that witty 80s anime humor that showing lil boys private part was ok back then and other things but i guess the red ribbon army saga was my favourite il give dragon ball 8/10

VivisQueen said:
Ga Rei Zero:

I know some people really seem to rate Ga Rei Zero and the 'false' opening is a neat idea, but I always got the impression, from what images and clips I've seen, that it was kind of crass and exploitative (and not in a good way). Is it just that people would be screencapping the baser, more servicey parts of the show?

It doesn't help that the SA anime wiki has this to say about it:

fabricatedlunatic said:
Project A-ko - 8/10

I really need to watch A-ko again, if only on the grounds that I might actually get some of the references now. Is it worth bothering with the sequels, by the way? I wound up seeing one of the later oavs before the original (VHS store went out of business; bought a load of random tapes), but I didn't really have much idea what was going on and all I can really remember of it is Jigen turning up in the background of one scene.

Professor Irony said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Project A-ko - 8/10

I really need to watch A-ko again, if only on the grounds that I might actually get some of the references now. Is it worth bothering with the sequels, by the way? I wound up seeing one of the later oavs before the original (VHS store went out of business; bought a load of random tapes), but I didn't really have much idea what was going on and all I can really remember of it is Jigen turning up in the background of one scene.

I've seen the sequels and generally, and bluntly, they are not very good. Been a while but I think the first sequel wasn't too bad, but most of the rest really ain't worth it, and IIRC the last two films are reboots which makes it even worse.

I bought all the sequels (except the second "The Vs" spinoff; one of those was more than enough) but I can't remember if they were any good or not. The general opinion of A-ko fans seems to be that the original film is best while all the others are, shall we say, not as essential.

One reference I picked up this time around is that the chief baddy is an obvious parody of Captain Harlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casting my mind back, I think it was the fourth part and the second Vs. oav that I saw originally, but the fact that my mind seems to have purged the Vs. one from my memory probably says a lot.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the second one though. I remember manga video doing an extended trailer that covered all the oavs and I'm sure the second part amused me with a daft slapstick gag about A-ko diving into a swimming pool and breaking the bottom of it.

Back