Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

'tis Madoka time:
music: 10, do I even need to qualify this
character art :10, Dat zettai Ryouiki!!
animation: 9.5 there are errors, they will likley be gone from the BDs, this is SHAFT.
plot: eerrrm, great refs to prior art: Faust, End of Evangelion, Nanoha, Kanazuki no Miko. Sayaka was well developed, thankfuly Madoka's mother makes more apearance near the end. 7/10

overall 9.1/10

Last edited by a moderator:
My Bride is a Mermaid (Not a statement :p )

The 10th anime (out of over 400 I have seen) that I have ever given a 10/10, although a couple of things in that exclusive club do need a rewatch...

Anyways, an absolutely hilarious show. Last 2 eps were predictable as hell in the premise, but were actually pulled off quite well with a significant event in the last ep pulling it into a solid 10. Now then, dub the OVAs and give me a BD release Funi.....NOOOOOOOOOOOW. I will also accept the same deal from Manga. :p

Bokurano I give 7/10, the story is brainwash like EVA but the mecha fighting is pretty muck a jock, but the big hit for that anime is it's Opening.

Madoka was a big surprise at first but I will give a good 9/10 as well Kalafina made a fantastic Ending song. If i'm right the manga is much more violent?

And Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san is like so funny, a little short I guess 8/10

Not an anime but watched the extras on the Paprika blu-ray. It's quite heartbreaking to watch seeing how much time and effort Kon put into his films and how humble he is. At the Japan premiere, because some people were standing (due to the tickets selling out) he signed a whole load of theatre pamphlets because he felt bad for them.

I really do feel the world has lost one of its greats =(

Just finish Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, to be hornest the story is really good but the last 4 episode was like WTF ? (excuse my english) so I will give 6/10

Yeah, it kind of sucks that they won't animate the rest of DenYuuDen, they basically stopped at the end of the intro arc. I guess eventually you will be able to read the continuation of the story in manga form, at least.

SilverRain said:
Bokurano I give 7/10, the story is brainwash like EVA but the mecha fighting is pretty muck a jock, but the big hit for that anime is it's Opening.
Sorry to say but if you're watching the anime you are doing it wrong. But I do agree, the opening is excellent.

Cromartie High School gets an 8/10 - genuinely funny series that throws in the comedy in a constant flurry - eps are half-length and easy to digest too.

Note: being familiar with the japanese high school delinquent archetype would be very helpful.

(Would also highly recommend the manga)

fabricatedlunatic said:
Translation: read the manga instead. I assume.

If that so I won't deny!!! but manga's or light novel are always better then the Animation adaptation in general. However if I have the chance to read it I will do so.

Soul Eater
8/10
Just finished the 4th volume. It was a decent series. Personally i thought it would be better but it kept me entertained. My main problem i had with it is that its your basic shonen series. I know that Dragonball Z, Naruto, One Piece, Fist of the North star and Bleach are typical shonen shows to, but Soul Eater seemed to bee all them mixed together. Plus They have more life to them then Soul Eater does.

Overall a good series but there are better shonen shows out there.

Ok so I went to that all nighter thing on Saturday this is what I thoughs of the movies

Akira: Its easy to forget after so long without seeing it just how great a movie Akira is. It just doesn't put a foot wrong and easily deserves all the hype it gets. And that soundtrack surely up there as one of the most haunting and memorable, not a note out of place. Looks great in HD too.

Eden of the east air communication: This is where things start to go down hill. Its just not very good. I wasn't expecting the whole thing to be redone or anything, but a couple of extra scenes to perhapes shed a bit more light or even just to help the edited down series flow better would have been appreciated. What we do get though is a rather irritating and pointless running commentary by a few of the cast. It was hard enough for me(someone who recently saw the show) to distinguish between the voices, but somone who has never seen the show will probably find this completely impossible, it also doesn't help that some of the characters doing the commentary aren't even revealed until late on thus further alienating a newcomer. To be honest it was even hard at times to distinguish what was commentary and what was really been said in the scene. A pretty bad system, especially when its mostly just used for light comic relief.
Another problem is that the show in its full form is convoluted enough, but in this version if your not already familiar with the story its practically impossible to keep up with, the ideas are explained way too fast.
Unltimately this was neither here nor there and unsatisfying for everyone, it doesn't do the show justice. Still at least all the major scenes were there.- 5/10

Eden of the east: King of Eden: This is probably the first time I felt a bit let down by Kamiyama. Of all the anime directors out there you'd think surely he's one that could definitely nail a feature length film(thanks to all the movie references in his work), sadly it wasn't meant to be. This movie answers next to none of the questions you'd have hoped would have been, instead it just gives us more un anwsered questions to ponder.

Rather like Air Communication, this movie also suffers somewhat form occasionally throwing too much information at you too fast. It was ok in series as it came at a slightly slower pace and was digestible. Unfortunately in movie form certain elemets of the story managed to lose me, as I just couldn't process it that quick. But hey maybe I' slow.
Now onto the biggest flaw of the movie. While the series left us guessing at certian loose ends, it was ok as it still provided us with a somewhat satisfying climax to the show. King of Eden attempts no such satisfyng climax, and just suddenly ends. When it did even though the cinema audience said nothing, you could almost feel everyone at the same time thinking " What?!... is that it!".
All of this leaves Kamiyama's next Eden film with a lot of explaining to do, and while I don't doubt he will do provide a satisfying end to the story, I have to wonder why they didn't just make it a 24 ep series rather than bother with these "movies". Because to be honest this one was more like the first part of a 2 part TV special(with the second part coming the week after) rather than a proper movie.
Still it is the same style of bourne-lite entertainment, and will provide some enjoyment to fans. My honest advice to Eden fans: don't see this yet you'll only be disappointed wait until the second movie comes out and watch them back to back.- 6/10

Redline: Genius. Genius with a generous helping of maddness. Just a perfect film really, and absolutely beautiful to look at. Mad house at the top of their game. Stole the show completely for me.- 9/10

I didn't watch the last film I decided the leave on the high of Redline.

i watch time travel last night and i give it a 8/10 its kinda corny and in ways it follows the first movie but there are a few thing out of place but il let you figure it out

Outlaw Star
4/10
(spoilers)
Now i know alot of you haters are gonna be like: "WHAT!?!?! OUTLAW STAR A 4/10!?!?! DIE!!! YOUR NOT A TRUE ANIME FAN BLAH BLAH BLAH" Just hear me out. And this is my personal oppinion.

I was so hyped up for this show! i even pre orderd it which i rarely do for anime DVDs. I had heard how good it is and had never watched it back when it was on cartoon network. Only to find out it was BOOOOOOOOOORING!!!

I didnt like ANY of the characters. They had little to no back story at all. and this made them boring for me. Especially the samurai woman. Plus some of them were pointless! I mean, who was that gwen khan guy? he kept popping up in the series and at the end he just kind of vanished! Gene Starwind is one of the worst main characters ive seen. he had no pernoality that made made him stand out to other anime characters like Spike Spiegel. I cared more about the Mcdougal brothers more than him!

The story didnt pick up untill the last disc in the boxset, which is when they get to they galactic layline or whatever. Before all that they were doing nothing!! they were just wondering around!

The animation, compared with other of sunrises work, was average. sometimes it was a bit choppy and the characters were badly drawn. I only complain about the animation because i had heard it was great. No it wasnt!!! I admit sometimes it was pretty good, most times it wasnt.

Despite all this, i admit there was some decent action, especially towards the end.

Overall, i thought it was dull and boring. Plus i didnt like a single character! I realize some of you may like the show, and i apologize. But i just couldnt get into this show.

A huge disappointment.

Back