Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Invisible Crane said:
Now to move on to Air which I've heard is similer...oh and can someone please explain to me what Uguu means?...first Maho in Pani Poni Dash now this...I'll never understand anime and the cute phrases they give characters sometimes
Uguu~ is a prime example of a vocal tick. It's just there for the vocal tick-moe (can't rember the Japanese term for that one).

Uguu~ (Ayu),unyu~(Nayuki), auu~ (Makoto) and hoee~! (Sakura, Cardcaptor Sakura) are the originals.
Sufice to say it's popular enough to be imitated and parodied, like in Paniponi Dash!

@ilmaestro
Yep it gets more action, and less talking. Or more normal levels of talking than it started with, at least.
It's not wall of text anime in the same way Bakemonogatari was, that had literal on screen walls of text; this only has sword, person and attack names.
Sufice to say there was plenty of action in the last eps and everything comes together well.

Ah yeah, I just meant in terms of how much dialog was in the first few episodes. They literally never stopped talking, it was actual *effort* to listen to. Not that I didn't like a lot of it (although the flat bits were very flat, imo), it just seemed like they had said "hey guys, you read the books out loud, and we will come up with some five minute sketches to animate it".

I'll look forward to watching the rest of it then, I'd been vaguely putting it off until it was all finished, so I should get on with it soon enough.

ilmaestro said:
Ah yeah, I just meant in terms of how much dialog was in the first few episodes. They literally never stopped talking, it was actual *effort* to listen to. Not that I didn't like a lot of it (although the flat bits were very flat, imo), it just seemed like they had said "hey guys, you read the books out loud, and we will come up with some five minute sketches to animate it".
This theory is based on nothing:

I believe one of the reasons people love long-running shows is due to this: when the characters talk, nobody moves; when they move, nobody talks. It works fantastically for watching subtitled stuff, especially those with plenty of angst and action scenes to go around. It also allows for poor animation to be considerably less distracting.

Mad Bull

-_-

Every one of the depraved, mysoginistic men in this show reminded me of AironicallyHuman. Women generally get sexually assaulted and moan as if they enjoy it. The violence is hyper, the swearing off the scale, and masculinity simply loses any subtler meaning beyond BEATING **** UP and ******* THINGS IN SKIRTS.

Bizarrely, this notorious show has redeeming factors. Its animation is decent and the voice acting is perfect - I mean it, perfect for such a cheesy show. Also, sometimes I laughed out of genuine amusement. And, at the core, there is a sympathetic partnership between the two central cops. Sleepy is a man-slut brute but with a disarming straightforwardness. Daijoburo or whatever is the nice kid trying to do the right thing. They play off each other quite nicely.

You can call Mad Bull a lot of things but, with its avalanche of tits and screwing and swearing, at least you can't call it dull.

4/10

isunoe.gif

^ Does the above gif anger you, at all?

You really should watch The Rapeman. It's about a (real) man being hired to rape women and, by doing so, change their ways for the better. Or something. It could be described as a superhero series, really...

And, of course, there's Blue Flames: the story about a sociopath with cold flames burning within himself seducing, sleeping with, and getting money out of women, with the power of his penis - calmly dumping them when they're useless to them. In particular, I'd say I most enjoyed the part where one woman complained... until he gave her a good seeing to. That shut her up, for sure.

I don't keep recommending these anime to you simply because you're a a feminist extremist.

...You know, this 'comedy' routine is really ducking (edit: ...) boring, and pathetic. I give; you win. I submit my resignation to AUKN and, football/masturbation aside, take my leave of the internet.

Goodbye.

VivisQueen said:
Mad Bull [...] 4/10

I probably would've been offended by the parts of the show you highlight if I thought it was taking itself seriously. It's like someone reconstructed New York purely using movies, tv and pulp fiction novels.

Had forgotten about it entirely, will put it back on my "to-finish" list.

My Neighbo(u)r Totoro

8/10

I must say I wasn't expecting to like this at all but it really swept me away with just the imagination of it all. I really liked the cheshire cat like grinning too =D

Bleach: Diamond Dust Rebellion

9/10 - Far better than Memories of Nobody. It's a shame the film was based on Hitsugaya though, he gets plenty of screen time as it is. I suppose I feel this way because i've never been his greatest fan, though. I'd have much preffered it be based on Soi Fon, Byakuya, Ichimaru (never going to happen >.<) or Mayuri though.

Ah well, onto Fade to Black when I next get time~! <3

butch-cassidy said:
Coyote Ragtime show - 6/10

Thank GOD it wasn't just me! I watched this last week and thought 'why is this show so beloved of so many anime fans I speak to online?'

Not a bad show (and I'd add an extra point to that score, most likely) but hardly worthy of the effusive praise I've seen heaped on it elsewhere.

Since you're all (clearly) bitches and whores, who lack the capacity to handle my full-on hard-on/rambling, here are some ratings with my MAL tags C&Ped:

Sentimental Journey: 7/10

SJ has an impressive amount of variation, and isn't cheesy. A discussion about sin with a monk; an unrefined girl getting turned into a lady--great stuff! The girls using the memories of first loves as they struggled with friendship and whatnot moved me.

Angel Links: 5/10

Harsh though 5/10 may be, AL lacked depth, originality & a fun-factor. Lacking subtly to the extent that the 'savior of orphans' was an obvious villain from ep1, and his switching between nasty and remorseful made little sense. Eye-candy aside, no worth.

Sadamitsu the Destroyer: 6/10

A wild west OP, delinquents, aliens, C-3PO probabilities, love & panties. After ep4's "I see boobies..." line, there's a disconcerting change from black comedy to "IT'S WRONG TO KILL ALIENS!", and the past being altered without love remaining = bad.

Tide-Line Blue: 8/10

After THE best first ep (post-apoc setting, war, twins' reunion, childbirth), it kept me hooked. Frustratingly short but impressive in terms of its themes and visuals. Keel's growth + Isla had SO much potential, had it lasted longer. Insanely underrated.

Tide-Line Blue Special: 7/10

Some insight was FINALLY given into Gould's back-story, and a number of loose ends were tidied up neatly, but still: Blue ended FAR too soon. Will Keel and Isla ever get together? What's going to happen to Gould and his crew?... No romance makes me sad.

Rocket Girls: 9/10

Combines hilarious comedy with substance. Yukari finds her father, discovers he's a tribal leader & that she has a sister, and then goes to space. Real school girls would never be sent to space, but that aside, RG is close to perfection. 7/10? No.

Grenadier: 7/10

Trigun with shallower characters + boobs. Killing is wrong, and a boob-huggle is what people need - NOT POWER! The cleavage ammo trick is... unique. An easy, good-looking watch. The bad? It's beyond unrealistic, idealistic to the extreme and very dumb.

Burst Angel: 6/10

"Let's create a series with no overarching plot, put in four girls that pander to various fetishes, have them dress-up in revealing clothing, and throw in a pointless male 'lead'... and robots." Easy to watch but stupid. No JoxMeg yuri ending = sad face.

Burst Angel: Infinity - 5/10

This is unique: it has a black guy called Sam in it. What other anime can you say that about? Rare sightings aside, Infin is an ok but worthless story about Jo hunting a serial killing robot in America. Why was it killing alongside a death fetishist? Idk.

Best Student Council: 7/10

Suspension of disbelief required: whenever there's even a hint of drama, there's always an easy, happy solution. But it succeeds as a sausage-less, episodic anime where colorful girls use covert ops to save the day. Looks and plays out a bit like My-HiME.

AironicallyHuman said:
Since you're all (clearly) bitches and whores, who lack the capacity to handle my full-on [omgz!]/rambling, here are some ratings with my MAL tags C&Ped

If you want an honest criticism of your reviews, I feel you spend so much time on what you're interested in (story, characters and relationships, I gather) that it becomes almost spoilerish for me. Personally I prefer a slightly more technical focus in reviews.

If you don't want an honest criticism, don't read any of that.

Don't worry: I resigned long ago from reviewing, srs biz. Now, I just ramble, every now and then... which isn't much different, to be perfectly honest with you, but there's less effort. Less effort is good.

Nowadays, I assist needy women, instead: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Vivis ... views/3238

FYI: My Innocent Venus review wasn't spoilerific, so duck your criticism (I always misspell that ducking word - TY!)

Errrm... I can't really get along with that sort of reasoning.

I mean, I really like Satelite as a studio. I loved Heat Guy J, and Noein was a breath of fresh air in terms of story and aesthetic. But they're responsible for Aquarion, which is - like Coyote Ragtime Show, in my opinion - desperately average.

CRS is capably staged, I think. But the script is painful in places (lengthy exchanges of 'don't screw up, you guys ' - 'Okay, I won't. Don't YOU screw up now' - 'We won't. Don't screw up now!' for example - happened at least twice that I noticed) and the pace of the action in early episodes is just a little too schizophrenic for my tastes.

In all honesty, this is the first time I've ever seen CRS mentioned anywhere on the internet, positively or negatively.

It's not a bad show, it just didn't really do anything to distinguish itself in any way. It's the sort of thing I'd watch if it was on, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a boxset of.

AironicallyHuman said:
Grenadier: 7/10

I could not get past the way she reloads that revolver.

Actually wait, it's not trying to be some sort of savage parody, is it? If they were spoofing the likes of Trigun and Gunsmith Cats, that might be sort of clever.

Back