Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Aaand here's the rest of it. That went quicker than I thought, and it nearly all went on one set of shelves. Nearly. 'member when you had to buy six or seven separate volumes to get one 26 episode series? ayase 'members.

dvdc_01.jpgdvdc_02.jpgdvdc_03.jpg

My buying and not watching habit is also nowhere near as bad as I thought, because everything on the bottom three shelves barring XXXholic and Mospeada/Southern Cross, I have in fact watched. So there's only these:
dvdc_01_s.jpg

Thought I'd test it on PS5 after reading this, and it works! I had to press a few buttons (Not sure which ones yet lol) but plays fine now.

I've got it playing on PS3 too but no luck on PS4.
Had to check the defective thread and apparently there was a problem with ep 13 being out of sync, sub & dub, and disc 2 of part 1 not playing on some players to the extent that MVM suggested getting the DVD over Blu-ray...

It hasn't been a super long time since I last posted but quite a bit has changed and I wanted to share, especially before the amount of anime releasing this month... which I definitely don't have the space for 😅

All of these are UK releases outside of Genshiken and unfortunately, I don't own Part 2 of Hyouka so the box only contains Part 1 as of now.

Anime BD 1.jpg

Anime BD 2.jpg

Anime BD 3.jpg

Anime DVD 1.jpg

Anime DVD 2.jpg

Anime VHS 1.jpg

April 2021 Anime Collection Update BD Edition.
The majority of my anime DVDs are in the storage room, but the discs are in the DVD wallett
I will show the DVD cases another time.
20210424_142739.jpg
20210424_142803.jpg20210424_142807.jpg

20210424_142843.jpg
20210424_142853.jpg
20210424_152115.jpg

Coming soon to the collection.
A Certain Scientific Railgun T Part 2
Hunter x Hunter Parts 1-5
Golden Kamuy Season 1 + 2
Gundam 0079
Gundam IBO
Love Live School Idol Project Movie
My-Hime BD
My-Otome BD
Planetes
Revue Starlight
Rosario + Vampire
World Trigger

Last edited:
Today I finally packed up my DVDs and stuck them in the cupboard (and some on top of the unit) to try make space for the pile of BDs that were living on top of my TV unit, only Gunbuster gets to stay on the shelves as I couldn't bare to stick it out of sight... Everything fits for now but the bottom is a bit of a mess, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy an actual bookcase tbh as by the time I get the things I've lent to people back I'll be out of space again real quick...

Not a large collection by any means, which makes how little of it I've actually watched all the more tragic lol

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0126.JPEG
IMG_0127.JPEG
IMG_0128.JPEG
IMG_0129.JPEG

Today I finally packed up my DVDs and stuck them in the cupboard (and some on top of the unit) to try make space for the pile of BDs that were living on top of my TV unit, only Gunbuster gets to stay on the shelves as I couldn't bare to stick it out of sight... Everything fits for now but the bottom is a bit of a mess, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy an actual bookcase tbh as by the time I get the things I've lent to people back I'll be out of space again real quick...

Not a large collection by any means, which makes how little of it I've actually watched all the more tragic lol

View attachment 18695

I'd dare to say that's a pretty big collection 😃 I really need to get my collection sorted out and put on shelves but I need to get a bigger place first 😁

April 2021 Anime Collection Update BD Edition.
The majority of my anime DVDs are in the storage room, but the discs are in the DVD wallett
I will show the DVD cases another time.
View attachment 18479
View attachment 18480View attachment 18481

View attachment 18482
View attachment 18484
View attachment 18485

Coming soon to the collection.
A Certain Scientific Railgun T Part 2
Hunter x Hunter Parts 1-5
Golden Kamuy Season 1 + 2
Gundam 0079
Gundam IBO
Love Live School Idol Project Movie
My-Hime BD
My-Otome BD
Planetes
Revue Starlight
Rosario + Vampire
World Trigger
Now for the DVD side.
There's isn't much DVD since I upgraded the majorty of them to BD last year.
20210516_114626.jpg
20210516_114640.jpg
20210516_114653.jpg
20210516_114717.jpg

Previous post of mine in Jan 2021 so been a few months since then.

I've decided (for now) I'll just display only CE versions, I have some others as well, but keep the collection small/clean. I've become addicted to buying CE's so that's probably all I'll be buying going forwards.

uZfrXga.jpg

I'm deciding what other ones I want to get and keeping an eye out for them, but my goal is to keep a reasonably small collection on display, certainly compared to some of you lot anyway!

Previous post link:

Previous post of mine in Jan 2021 so been a few months since then.

I've decided (for now) I'll just display only CE versions, I have some others as well, but keep the collection small/clean. I've become addicted to buying CE's so that's probably all I'll be buying going forwards.

uZfrXga.jpg

I'm deciding what other ones I want to get and keeping an eye out for them, but my goal is to keep a reasonably small collection on display, certainly compared to some of you lot anyway!

Previous post link:

That "season 1" being on the KonoSuba 1 but 2not having "season 2" is incredibly annoying. I have mine unopened in storage the now so I didn't notice before now.

That "season 1" being on the KonoSuba 1 but 2not having "season 2" is incredibly annoying. I have mine unopened in storage the now so I didn't notice before now.

It's funny as I can be OCD about some things, but this doesn't seem to be one of them, not as bothered by it as I thought I might be.

Here here ✋ Oh wait, I don't even own the First Season CE and shall not forevermore. *cries in a corner 😭

You'll get it just keep the faith! :)

Phoenix Down!

No pics, but I'm organizing my collection after having moved and I couldn't settle on an order, so I kinda mixed things in an OCDphobic/triggering way.

First shelf is unwatched stuff so it's the easiest to get but it's also the messiest; then I kinda organized it by creator but also sometimes series? I've got Ghibli, Mamoru Osoda, Masaaki Yuasa, Ryogo Narita, Gen Urobuchi, Watanabe...

Jesus, amarays mixed with CEs, French editions mixed with UK ones. And then the stuff that I've watches but am likely to re-watch and then stuff I've watched but am unlikely to re-watch anytime soon.

Unholy, to be sure and I can't believe I wrote a post about it.

Someone make me feel like I'm not alone 😢

Phoenix Down!

No pics, but I'm organizing my collection after having moved and I couldn't settle on an order, so I kinda mixed things in an OCDphobic/triggering way.

First shelf is unwatched stuff so it's the easiest to get but it's also the messiest; then I kinda organized it by creator but also sometimes series? I've got Ghibli, Mamoru Osoda, Masaaki Yuasa, Ryogo Narita, Gen Urobuchi, Watanabe...

Jesus, amarays mixed with CEs, French editions mixed with UK ones. And then the stuff that I've watches but am likely to re-watch and then stuff I've watched but am unlikely to re-watch anytime soon.

Unholy, to be sure and I can't believe I wrote a post about it.

Someone make me feel like I'm not alone 😢

My collection is organized in a way that some might not approve of also? IDK but I feel for you and ur sad feels about it :( <3

I don't feel ready to post a pic of my collection here but I do need to change where I keep my unwatched stuff so it would be, as you say, easier to access but the problem is with my injured ankle it might be quite painful to lift it all up off the bottom shelves and whatnot :(

Not sure if I posted this in another thread in this forum or if it was over on blu-ray.com, but I group my anime Blu-ray collection on my shelves by distributor - Aniplex, Funimation, Sentai, Discotek, NISA, Viz, and the like for my US domestic releases - along with a separate section for all of my Asian Imports (Japan, Korea, Hong Kong all together, which now almost fills an entire 8-shelf unit!), and a separate section for all my UK Imports. Then, for each of these sections, the size of the release is next, with the largest Ultimate or Premium box sets at the left-most side of a shelf, Collector's Editions next, and then Standard Edition singles and fatpacks. Each of those three are then sorted alphabetically. And now with my most recent shelf addition and rearranging, I have separated off all of my anime steelbooks to their own separate shelf, and those are sorted alphabetically. So, for me to find any anime on my shelf, I just need to know the distributor, type of release (UE, CE. LE) and the name of the series.

See how simple that all is? 😜

Last edited:
I do have one shelf where I store all my recent anime acquisitions, until I have the chance to insert them into the proper sections. If that shelf gets full, then I know I HAVE to move them to where they need to go. Keeps me honest!

Back