Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

ayase said:
bd1.jpg

bd2.jpg
bd3.jpg

HD shelf, coming along quite nicely (could have done a better job with the pics, but I just got a new computer and have lost Photoshop, so I'll have to make do with Picasa for now).
blue

ayase said:
They're uh, sat on the shelf next to those >_>

I'm not using the Ghibli ones because it makes the collection look too disjointed. The Summer Wars/TGWLTT one was just too garish for my tastes (probably doesn't help me as a BD collector that I don't actually like bright blue very much).
The day when blue is no longer the default colour of Blu-ray cases will be a good day indeed.

nanika said:
ayase said:

I'm not using the Ghibli ones because it makes the collection look too disjointed. The Summer Wars/TGWLTT one was just too garish for my tastes (probably doesn't help me as a BD collector that I don't actually like bright blue very much).
The day when blue is no longer the default colour of Blu-ray cases will be a good day indeed.
Well, not really. Since it is called Blu-Ray.

Or, if you're talking about how they change the covers from red/green etc to blue like the Scott Pilgrim BD, then I agree with you.

Huh, ayase's Eva 2.22 slipcover has the same "crease" along the width of the spine as my copy does. WHAT'S DAT ABOUT DEN.

Also, collection needs more Wings of Honneamise and Baccano (those are the only BDs I own that you don't).

Huh. I Didn't know Baccano was available on BD. Good thing you told me, I was about to order the DVD in the Manga sale. But have you seen the price of the WoH set (unless of course you know somewhere to get it cheap)?

I got my copy of Wings of Honneamise from Right Stuf. $40 is a little (okay, a lot) more than I would usually pay for a movie, but Honneamise is special. It's also got a snazzy chipboard box and booklet! And a DVD you'll never use.

Baccano is only available from Right Stuf and the Bandai Store, but United Publications or Otaku will import it for you. It's not cheap, though, so I'd recommend Right Stuf.

I also bought both Baccano! and Honneamise from trsi, and am fully satisfied with both releases.

nanika said:
ayase said:

I agree. My pink K-ON! boxes are the pride and joy of my collection.

animefreak17 said:
i bet having a manga collection harder then a dvd collection

Its more expensive imo. I stopped collecting manga due to 2 main reasons

1 it was becoming too expensive to buy it even the 3 for 2 that waterstones does on manga every once in a blue moon.

2 waterstones branch near me closed

It takes more attention to keep it in good condition (page staining and such)

I prefer collecting manga to DVDs. The way they all line up so nicely on the bookcase :) they look so pretty. I severely cut down over the past year or so and was only buying the latest Naruto, One Piece and Yotsuba. The past few weeks though I've picked it back up again and gone a bit mental, prepare yourselves for a nice little picture from me when I return home tomorrow :lol:

The problem with manga is the amount of space it occupies. When you can blow through the average volume in 30-45 minutes, the content/shelf space ratio doesn't compare favourably to that of disc-based anime (****, I had an extension built just to house those Akira phone books). Until I can afford to buy myself a warehouse, I'm cutting down drastically on the amount of manga I buy.

Tachi said:
animefreak17 said:

Its more expensive imo. I stopped collecting manga due to 2 main reasons

1 it was becoming too expensive to buy it even the 3 for 2 that waterstones does on manga every once in a blue moon.

2 waterstones branch near me closed

It takes more attention to keep it in good condition (page staining and such)
and they take up a lot of room

I cut down on manga too, though in my case it was more because English-language publishers seem to have a vendetta against me and cancel every bally series I start collecting, and when I buy Japanese volumes I can't stop myself and end up filling my house with tons of books. Anime is cheaper (in this country!) and I'm a big seiyuu/music nerd, so unless it's something which will never be animated decently I tend to stick with that.

Still somehow have a massive manga library, though :/

R

Rui said:
I cut down on manga too, though in my case it was more because English-language publishers seem to have a vendetta against me and cancel every bally series I start collecting, and when I buy Japanese volumes I can't stop myself and end up filling my house with tons of books. Anime is cheaper (in this country!) and I'm a big seiyuu/music nerd, so unless it's something which will never be animated decently I tend to stick with that.

Still somehow have a massive manga library, though :/

R
if i could id like a anime library

animefreak17 said:
Even after reading the replies from people interpreting it in their own way, I still don't know what this means, or how it could be correct under any sensible meaning.

That is the only conclusion I seem to be able to draw, too.

fwiw, there are some specific things (keeping up on when new volumes have been release being the primary one, for me, or when brand new series are starting) that are more awkward as far as manga collecting goes, but then buying anime is so much more expensive and much less satisfying (due to the inherent satisfaction of placing books on bookshelves).

Back