Possible UK [adult swim] channel coming soon?

J_C_X said:
I don't think it was that to be honest, it was possibly something else as it was only a half hour or so long.

Ah, Channel 4, it used to be good.

no, i'm sure C4 definatly did show other anime

but LOTO was definatly on C4 too

J_C_X said:
I remember Channel 4 used to show some anime and the like at night and I can remember as recently as 2001, as they used to have a video game review show on at night and I video plus'd it for a review of Final Fantasy IX, I can remember anime being on before it.
Oh, didn't know you were on this site, too :lol:

I don't think ITV or Channel 4 showed either Battle Angel or NGE - I think both were only shown on the Sci-Fi channel.

NGE was usually shown with Martian Successor Nadesico.

A few weeks late but... Akira got viewing figures of 1.25m in 1994? Blimey. I don't remember seeing WoH, Patlabor, or Roujin Z, but given the lack of anime coverage on the Beeb since, it's probably fair to assume they didn't set the ratings alight.

It's weird to think that there was more anime on TV 15 years ago than there is today. I suppose the internet and wide availability of anime on DVD has conspired to kill off anime on the idiot box.

fabricatedlunatic said:
It's weird to think that there was more anime on TV 15 years ago than there is today. I suppose the internet and wide availability of anime on DVD has conspired to kill off anime on the idiot box.
I also think the fact that people in general don't actually, really like anime is one of the main reasons. It's like how there isn't more coverage of Magic The Gathering tournaments on TV at the expense of soccer (isn't meant to sound as facetious as it probably does).

ilmaestro said:
I also think the fact that people in general don't actually, really like anime is one of the main reasons. It's like how there isn't more coverage of Magic The Gathering tournaments on TV at the expense of soccer (isn't meant to sound as facetious as it probably does).
Yep, there's that as well. The reason, I think, for the glut of shows on TV in the mid-1990s was because "manga cartoons" were new and "edgy". Since then there have been sporadic attempts to get anime back on TV--at one point there were two dedicated channels--but for whatever reasons there's obviously not enough interest.

J_C_X said:
Paradox295 said:
Bumping this, because I'm being told [as] is leaving FX soon...

I hope you heard it somewhere official and not from a internet television guide. ;)

No, I heard it from some guy on some forum :p

Btw, everyone else, if this turns out to be false. Blame this guy^ :lol:

IMO, Adult Swim isn't as good as it used to be. I remember a few weeks before I left the States in June, while in the hospital they had it playing on my personal TV and some of the shows they have on it now....I was just kinda like "WTF? was that"
And some of the Dubbed anime they played to me just sounded horrible, but then again, I've always preferred Subbed vs Dubbed.

Tim and Eric starts on 4Music at 11:55pm on Monday, if anyone cares
I hope they are starting their own channel and not just selling shows to other channels
Akiha said:
IMO, Adult Swim isn't as good as it used to be. I remember a few weeks before I left the States in June, while in the hospital they had it playing on my personal TV and some of the shows they have on it now....I was just kinda like "WTF? was that"
And some of the Dubbed anime they played to me just sounded horrible, but then again, I've always preferred Subbed vs Dubbed.
I agree, shows like Delocated and Children's Hospital aren't bad, but they definately are Adult Swim-esque

Back