Possible UK [adult swim] channel coming soon?

dinkeytom said:
I doubt it, Turner Broadcasting Company UK try everything in their will to not broadcast anime, but it's funny to know that in my whole area everyone knows and loves anime, I remember two parents in HMV buying their daughter a Bleach season box set and then in WH smiths man people were buying manga.
Dude, Turner doesn't hate anime or anything, they only air stuff that's profitable.
For example, Pokemon, YGO 5D's, Beyblade and Bakugan are profitable anime because the dubbing studio sells them cheap because they get alot of profit from merchandise

On the other hand, with Bleach, Naruto, FMA, people watch the episodes online, so they won't buy the DVDs or watch it on TV, and Viz/Funi doesn't get alot of of profit.

Also, a TV deal matters. If Reborn! got a TV deal, then Funi would be convinced to license it.

But, Bleach gets 500,000 viewers a week in the US, so, if Adult Swim Uk were to bring over any anime, it would be that

EDIT: Just asked them if it will involve a TV channel, and if it does, if The Boondocks, Home Movies and if any anime will be airing

Im afraid those are questions I cant answer, simply because those sort of decisions have not yet been made!

Watch this space…
Ahh, I love inside knowledge :lol:

Unfortunately even if an adult swim uk channel started, it probably wouldn't show any anime, seeing as the only anime ever shown on any uk version was one showing of afro samurai back when adult swim was on bravo. AS don't own the anime, they just license it in the USA. It's likely they'd just show their own shows (many of which are awesome to be fair)

That said I'd love to be proved wrong!

christor said:
Unfortunately even if an adult swim uk channel started, it probably wouldn't show any anime, seeing as the only anime ever shown on any uk version was one showing of afro samurai back when adult swim was on bravo. AS don't own the anime, they just license it in the USA. It's likely they'd just show their own shows (many of which are awesome to be fair)

Ah, but the Bravo and FX "blocks" were scheduled by Bravo/FX, whereas a channel would be scheduled by [adult swim] itself

Ah, but the Bravo and FX "blocks" were scheduled by Bravo/FX, whereas a channel would be scheduled by [adult swim] itself

....who probably wouldn't schedule any anime either, but we can but hope! A mix like the US version (with anime and AS originals) would probably become my new favourite channel.

christor said:

....who probably wouldn't schedule any anime either, but we can but hope! A mix like the US version (with anime and AS originals) would probably become my new favourite channel.

It would be an ideal chance for say, manga and beez to start negotiating with them, given Adult Swim's track record with anime in the US. Again, wishful thinking that probably won't come to fruition since the UK is a entirely different field compared to America.

christor said:

Well, since other channels already have Family Guy/KOTH and other FOX shows, they would probably have to get anime to fill up the schedule

Ammish said:
christor said:

It would be an ideal chance for say, manga and beez to start negotiating with them, given Adult Swim's track record with anime in the US. Again, wishful thinking that probably won't come to fruition since the UK is a entirely different field compared to America.
Didn't Manga say that they would have to pay channels to show anime?
If [adult swim] offered them a Fiver for the whole series of Bleach, they would probably take it :lol:

Didn't Manga say that they would have to pay channels to show anime?
If [adult swim] offered them a Fiver for the whole series of Bleach, they would probably take it Laughing

I believe Manga have said that they couldn't give even give away the rights for free, not sure about paying them.... I think that happened in the US though

Ryo Chan said:
Paradox295 said:
Actually, it's been about 5 months, with 1 episode of Robot chicken a week, and it's nearly finished
And CNX was on Channel 244, so it wasn't in the Kids section
602 (or 603 actually (sky) CNX wasn't a channel, it was a segment of the Cartoon Network channels before they phased out into Toonami, which then became CNToo
If it had a channel number, it was a proper channel. and 200's on Sky is the Entertainment listings. I just did a search on the Sky+HD box for FX and it came back "No matches Found".

christor said:

It does seem likely they might start a channel. it seems like they've been moving towards it for ages, what with adultswim.co.uk and bringing the majority of their series out on DVD over here. I would definitely watch it.

(on a vaguely related note why has Archer not been release yet =()

Mohawk52 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paradox295 said:
Actually, it's been about 5 months, with 1 episode of Robot chicken a week, and it's nearly finished
And CNX was on Channel 244, so it wasn't in the Kids section
602 (or 603 actually (sky) CNX wasn't a channel, it was a segment of the Cartoon Network channels before they phased out into Toonami, which then became CNToo
If it had a channel number, it was a proper channel. and 200's on Sky is the Entertainment listings. I just did a search on the Sky+HD box for FX and it came back "No matches Found".
FX is on Sky channel 164, FX HD is 193

It does seem likely they might start a channel. it seems like they've been moving towards it for ages, what with adultswim.co.uk and bringing the majority of their series out on DVD over here. I would definitely watch it.

(on a vaguely related note why has Archer not been release yet =()
Ironically, Archer isn't an adult swim show, it's an FX US show :lol:
DVDs aren't out in the US either, since it's owned by 20th Century Fox, it will almost definately be released over here, too.

For the same reasons I haven't been able to find Harvey Birdman on DVD?
Nope, probably cos you didn't look online :p
Cheapest price is at Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/harvey-birdman ... 50217.html

Paradox295 said:
DVDs aren't out in the US either, since it's owned by 20th Century Fox, it will almost definately be released over here, too.

Oh I know it's not Adult Swim, but it's their kind of show, hence the "vaguely related" but thanks anyways. It was on Fiver too, so the fact it's actually been on TV will hopefully mean it's released here too.

Also: DANGER ZOOOOOONE

Never understood why Archer was an FX show. It's animated by the guys who do a lot of [AS] stuff, so... its weird. FX doesn't strike me as being very cartoon friendly - though they are good on the casting of dicks as leads, so that fits. lol.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Paradox295 said:

Oh I know it's not Adult Swim, but it's their kind of show, hence the "vaguely related" but thanks anyways. It was on Fiver too, so the fact it's actually been on TV will hopefully mean it's released here too.

Also: DANGER ZOOOOOONE
Mhm, it's by the same two guys that made Frisky Dingo and Sealab 2021.

I hope they release the DVDs soon, though
Jayme said:
Never understood why Archer was an FX show. It's animated by the guys who do a lot of [AS] stuff, so... its weird. FX doesn't strike me as being very cartoon friendly - though they are good on the casting of dicks as leads, so that fits. lol.
Well, [adult swim] only runs from 10pm-2am (Repeated 2am-6am), so they probably wanted a channel that could show it in prime time

EDIT: Okay, Channel 4 REALLY don't want King of the Hill. It was on at 1am this morning, but some really f**ked up animated shorts were on before (looking at the site, they're called "A Family Portrait" and "Mother of Many") :([/b]

I remember Channel 4 used to show some anime and the like at night and I can remember as recently as 2001, as they used to have a video game review show on at night and I video plus'd it for a review of Final Fantasy IX, I can remember anime being on before it.

J_C_X said:
I remember Channel 4 used to show some anime and the like at night and I can remember as recently as 2001, as they used to have a video game review show on at night and I video plus'd it for a review of Final Fantasy IX, I can remember anime being on before it.

most of the anime C4 shows started with "Legend", and ended with "of the overfiend" :D

I don't think it was that to be honest, it was possibly something else as it was only a half hour or so long.

Ah, Channel 4, it used to be good.

Back