Pokémon Black & White

Stuart-says-yes said:
Yay, I got white today, its really good except the pokemon I want are like quite a bit into the game -_-

So I'm training up my oshawalt(Supa otter) just to dump it once I get to pinwheel forest.

Really? Man I found quite a few cool Pokemon really early on. It's subjective though I suppose. I'd suggest catching Sewaddle(Sp?) in Pinwheel, then getting a Soothe Bell on it ASAP. You'll get the TM for return, and you can have a fully evolved Leavanny by level 21 if you work hard enough (I biked the bridge for 30 mins with the soothe bell on and it evolved), which is awesome.

Elite Four were really push overs, but not as much as Gold and Silver Elite Four.

Also what's with getting rid of the starter? Bit of a waste IMO especially since there's no good water pokémon this gen. Also yeah, I had both Venipede and Galvantula in my team for a while, bug pokémon can actually had themselves really well for once, a very balanced generation as I've said before.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
I can trade you that Zubat tomorrow Stu, I have just got to breed my Golbat :)
If your okay with that, thanks mono, I really owe you one now.

Also I was wondering everyone, shall we gets competitive battling going?

It's fine Stu :) and you're welcome =)

I'm up for some competitive battling.

Traded Will-O some pokémon, now I gotta train the ones I got so I'm one step closer to finishing the Unova dex, I will do it, I'm like 2/3 done.

I've had a bit of a team shuffle now;

Victini Lvl 37
Fraxure Lvl 38
Krokorok Lvl 37
Leavanny Lvl 39

I'm thinking of dropping Sawk now for Mienfoo, so she's also in the team, just only level 31 for now.

They're the main 4/5 for now - the other remaining slot is on rotation between;

Gigalith Lvl 38
Simipour Lvl 34
Sawk Lvl 33

I'm pretty sure I don't want Simipour or Sawk anymore though - Tynamo is pretty cool though. It's speak is a major let down on its final evolution though.

Thought you never used legendaries, huh, huh, huh ;D?

My team as of now:

Emboar lv46

Pawniard* lv44

Fraxure lv42

Archeops lv42

Just thinking of who else to add to my arsenal, maybe Druddigon or try and get a Chandelure

*Traded from Lupus

Played some more today, all I can say is Krokorok is useless. I'm losing my will to keep it on my team, seriously. I can't work out what the heck is going wrong with this guy. "Not very effective" attacks are taking 1/4 of his health off in some cases!? I'll need to see if there is some use for him when he evolves, eventually.

Shirayuri said:
Played some more today, all I can say is Krokorok is useless. I'm losing my will to keep it on my team, seriously. I can't work out what the heck is going wrong with this guy. "Not very effective" attacks are taking 1/4 of his health off in some cases!? I'll need to see if there is some use for him when he evolves, eventually.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... k%C3%A9mon)

Hes not worth it :p Alot of weaknesses and terrible defense stats make him easy to destroy.

While only just recently acquiring the fourth badge. I think I have settle with my team to finish the majority of the game on:

Victini
Samurott
Zebstrika
Excadrill
Sawk
Darmanitan

A bit annoying to have 2 fire types. With Darmanitan being such good fire type pokemon and the amount effort to get Victini, I have to have both on my team.

Not fully behind Zebstrika but I need electric pokemon on the team. So he should do for the rest of the game I suppose. I wish I could be able to get Zekrom instead of Reshiram. As he would be perfect replacement for for Zebstrika. Might be situation where my final team may have 3 fire types :eek:.

Krookodileis meant to be quite good to take on the elite four.

Neferpitou said:
While only just recently acquiring the fourth badge. I think I have settle with my team to finish the majority of the game on:

Victini
Samurott
Zebstrika
Excadrill
Sawk
Darmanitan

A bit annoying to have 2 fire types. With Darmanitan being such good fire type pokemon and the amount effort to get Victini, I have to have both on my team.

Not fully behind Zebstrika but I need electric pokemon on the team. So he should do for the rest of the game I suppose. I wish I could be able to get Zekrom instead of Reshiram. As he would be perfect replacement for for Zebstrika. Might be situation where my final team may have 3 fire types :eek:.

Reshiram is actually better than Zekrom, it has more type coverage which is awesome.
If you want a good electric type then get the spider thing (Electric / Bug), i used him on elite 4 and hes supereffective on alot of there pokez which is awesome.

Other than that your team looks good, good coverage aslong as you dont just get pure fire type attacks on darmatan and stuff :p

Taylor said:
Neferpitou said:

Victini
Samurott
Zebstrika
Excadrill
Sawk
Darmanitan

Reshiram is actually better than Zekrom, it has more type coverage which is awesome.
If you want a good electric type then get the spider thing (Electric / Bug), i used him on elite 4 and hes supereffective on alot of there pokez which is awesome.

Other than that your team looks good, good coverage aslong as you dont just get pure fire type attacks on darmatan and stuff :p

That (Electric / Bug) is always an option, I may change to one of those in future (having bug type could be very useful addition). You are probably right about Reshiram but there 3 other really good fire pokemon to choose from as well with Victini, Emboar & Darmanitan.

It probably not much of a real worry as Reshiram can only be used so late on anyway.

Looking at my team current element weakness:

Victini Psychic/Fire
Samurott Water
Zebstrika Electric or Galvantula Electric/Bug
Excadrill Ground/Steel
Sawk Fighting
Darmanitan Fire

With 2 fire & 1 ground Pokemon the team to have bit of big weakness to water. I guess if I ever play online Victini will be banned so might as well swap him with someone else.

Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying) or maybe Lilligant (Grass) would seem the better choices if only picking this generation of Pokemon.

Sawk isnt that strong of a fighter if i remember right, i think scraggy would be quite good cause it has Dark aswell which you are missing.

Have to disagree with you about Sawk, he absolute beast! A freshly caught sawk for me nearly single hand wiped out the third gym.

But I may consider dropping Sawk for another reason. As my Darmanitan has learned a quite powerful Fighting move in Hammer Arm and learns even move powerful move fighting move with Superpower. Make me wonder why would I need keep Sawk when Darmanitan can cover fighting moves in its place?

Sawk gets stab :p But yes double type fighting pokez are better cause alot of different pokes can learn good fighting moves anywayz

The STAB is indeed a good bonus to have. But is there a massive need to have dedicated fighter Pokemon when I essential covered it affective offensive bonuses with other Pokemon. As my fire, water and the possible bug Pokemon would cover it attack advantages. Only Attack Advantage I would miss would be against normal Pokemon which wouldn't be much of loss.

It just show what incredibly in depth game Pokemon series is. It is so hard to find the right balance when creating a team.

On Smogon theres a thing where you can setup a fake team and see how it goes, havent used it myself but i know its there.

Gonna make my reshiram just a leveller, lots of type coverage moves so it can pwn the elite 4 in order to xp share level pokemon >.< do it in every game with a strong legendary.

Back