Pokémon Black & White

Mutsumi said:
Taylor said:
Max Takeshi said:
They don't really check is how.

Yer, I was reading about this. I dont understand how apple is getting away with this kind of thing.
Yeah, it is really no different to what MegaUpload were raped for.
Since they were selling copyrighted content they didn't own (and presumably Apple were taking a cut) I'd say it's actually quite a bit worse.

Hopefully the people who bought it gets some kind of compensation from Apple. This kind of fluff up can really deter people from using the service again.

So instead of making a new topic, i'll throw this here.

vwMlz.jpg

POkemon Black 2 and White 2. Just announced. Not Gray as some thought it would be. Literally nothing else was announced for it bar it being on DS

It's weird, a lot of people are very much in the same chain of thought as you on that one Mutsumi. They've never done that before, bar with Pokemon Stadium 2 i think, maybe a couple other titles i don't know off as well. But it is weird. Gray never ended up being announced, though i remember that being trademarked as well, so maybe?

The legendaries for it are apparently new forms of Kyurem, though i don't know much about them, since i haven't actually got or played black or white. So yeah. Nothing much else was announced, we just have to wait probably until the start of the new week before we hear anything.

So this was the new announcement in PokemonSmash, I was kinda of hoping for a R/S remake but Black and White 2 is brilliant news as I really love the Unova region. Kyurem's new formes are awesome looking. And I'm so glad it's coming out for the DS as I haven't got a 3DS.

Edit: It seems we will be getting Pokemon Nobunaga after all.

Pokemon Black and White 2 (without the accent >>) is trending, w00t.

Mutsumi said:
Wtf... Black and White 2? Doesn't feel right, a main Pokémon game sequel having a number in it...
Well, Gold and Silver's original name was Pocket Monsters 2

ilmaestro said:
I don't even know if it's controversial at this stage to suggest that Ninty might be running out of ideas.
(GameFreak make the games; Nintendo publishes them)
Anyways, I wouldn't say they are. For once, we are getting direct sequels to past games - which is something the fans have been asking for for a long time.

As for the cover Pokémon - Masuda has named them Black Kyurem and White Kyurem on his Twitter. What's curious is that 1) He refers to them as new Pokémon, rather than forms (I assume because he wants to differentiate them from other Pokémon with forms) and 2) Black Kyurem - the Kyurem-Zekrom mix is the cover Pokémon of Black 2, while White Zekrom (Kyurem-Reshiram) is the mascot of White 2 - Reshiram was Black's mascot, while Zekrom was White's. Does this mean that something happened to N after he left with Reshiram (in Black) or Zekrom (in White)?

Joshawott said:
I am aware of this, but they are intrinsically tied together at this stage. Notch doesn't make Minecraft anymore, for example, but I wouldn't suggest that he is anything less than responsible for anything that happens to the game in the future. :)

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
I am aware of this, but they are intrinsically tied together at this stage. Notch doesn't make Minecraft anymore, for example, but I wouldn't suggest that he is anything less than responsible for anything that happens to the game in the future. :)
If anything, GameFreak are more tied to The Pokémon Company. Sure, both of them are owned by Nintendo (So altogether, Nintendo actually owns 66% of the Pokémon franchise), but as Nintendo stated when TPC made an iPod Touch/iPhone app in Japan last year, The Pokémon Company are an independent company and can develop for whoever they choose. GameFreak have also developed for rival systems in the past, such as Pulseman on the SEGA Megadrive and Click Medic for the PlayStation.

Although I can see a legal battle ensuing if they decide to move Pokémon to the Vita (Masuda has previously expressed his interest in the Vita) xD.[/u]

Wondering what they could add to a "new" game if they just add a number on the end, kinda strange.

Was hoping for a Wii U game or something, like the pokemon games but 3D.

Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
If anything, GameFreak are more tied to The Pokémon Company. Sure, both of them are owned by Nintendo (So altogether, Nintendo actually owns 66% of the Pokémon franchise), but as Nintendo stated when TPC made an iPod Touch/iPhone app in Japan last year, The Pokémon Company are an independent company and can develop for whoever they choose. GameFreak have also developed for rival systems in the past, such as Pulseman on the SEGA Megadrive and Click Medic for the PlayStation.
By "they", I mean Pokemon and Nintendo - hence the comparison to Minecraft and Notch (which is not a 100% direct analog, I will agree). Gamefreak and Nintendo would be more like comparing Notch and Mojang, which isn't quite the same.

Kinda dissapointed really, I'd hoped for the next title in the series to be a 3DS title with the shift in graphics and everything that could have gone with it.
The DS is a limited platform and this would likely have been a console shifter, so it's a real shame they're sticking with it. Unless theres a really good reason to play this one, I'll probably skip B/W2.

It's not the graphics really that throw me, but the simple fact they need more power to do justice to some elements of the series IMO, especially with the series moving more and more online (Nintendo SHOULD have done a Pokemon MMO years ago...unfortunately I think they've half missed the boat now).

I wouldn't be surprised if they had started development with some intention to possibly make it a 3DS title, abandoned any plans for that when the 3DS had such a poor start in Japan, and it would have been too far into development to change over once the 3DS did start selling.

I can pretty much explain why they didn't move to the Nintendo 3DS:

During interviews prior to Black and White's release, GameFreak said that one of the biggest difficulties they had was working on the same system as the previous generation, in making BW feel different. They obviously held off from moving to the Nintendo 3DS this generation to avoid the same problem occurring when they get around to Generation VI.

Which is why I strongly believe that next year, we will see the next generation of Pokémon on the 3DS (before anyone says that's too short - Gens I and II were 3 years long).

Nintendo have stated all along that they intend for the DS and 3DS to coexist for some time and Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition proved that they still care about the DS in 2012. The fact that the games are being released in June in Japan is unusual - all Pokémon games aside from Red/ Green and FireRed/LeafGreen have been released there between September and December (The mentioned games were released in February and January respectively). I think the reason for that is, so there can be an international release before the end of the year, as in 2013, no one will care about the DS any more (This is supported by the games also being announced on the English Pokémon website - a main series game had not been announced simultaneously worldwide, until now)

Back