Persona 4 Arena Release Information

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
News dropped on the 18th of March that ATLUS, PQube and Zen United would finally be releasing Persona4 Arena in the UK, after a quite a lengthy delay. In a statement, the publishers detailed which systems the game would come out on and what bonus content is included with a pre-order:

“…the hugely-anticipated sequel to the award-winning Persona 4  role playing game - will be making its way to Europe on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Sony PlayStation®3 on 10th of May 2013.
Pre-order customers for Persona 4 Arena will receive an exclusive Limited Edition bonus content pack, including the Official Arranged Soundtrack with exclusive artwork and Digital Fan Pack. These will be strictly limited to pre-ordering customers and will not be available past day-one sales.

Persona 4 Arena tells the story that follows on from the critically acclaimed Persona 4 Golden, and is itself the winner of numerous awards, including Fighting Game of the Year 2012. Persona 4 Arena is a collaborative effort between two genre masters – Arc System Works and ATLUS, bringing together their individual expertise in stunning, high definition 2D artwork and exemplary storytelling.

Persona 4 Arena features:
•    13 playable characters, each with their own individual story campaign.
•    A story mode comparable to the JRPG series with over 30+ hours of story gameplay – which continues the events from where the PS Vita Best seller, Persona 4 Golden, left off.
•    Innovative fighting system, where players battle with both their chosen character and their Persona simultaneously.
•    Exceptional suite of tutorials and challenges, as well as an innovative and easy to use combo system – making Persona 4 Arena one of the most approachable fighters of this generation.
Please look forward to more exciting announcements surrounding Persona 4 Arena in the coming weeks.
Persona 4 Arena is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Europe on 10 May 2013.”

For more information on the forthcoming Persona 4 Arena please visit:
www.personaeurope.com
Facebook.com/PersonaEurope
Twitter: @personaeurope

So, we get an arrange soundtrack (which came with US copies anyway) and a 'Fan Pack' with some digital crap to try and make up for a years delay of a game which is now $20-30 in America?

F*** off Zen, this is just an insult. This will not make up for the god awful interaction with your community, along with the constant posting of crap, videos of US online matches and spoilers over the last year. We still haven't even been given an explanation as to why we've been screwed over the way we have, seeing as they stated this wouldn't be another Catherine. No, it's not, it's worse.
I'm not supporting this, I won't consider buying it until it's bargain bin price/can pick it up pre-owned so NOTHING goes to them. I'd rather support Game than Zen, and that's saying something.

For them to create a 'Persona Europe' page/feed after acquiring ONE Persona game is also a piss take, seeing as Ghostlight handles the SMT titles/P3P and NIS released P4G. Anyone would think that Zen handle the Persona games, which I truly wish will never happen again. Leave that to Ghostlight/NIS.

Oh it gets better. If you preorder from Game you get a limited edition 12'' Vinyl of the sound track.

A F@*&ing record!

A RECORD!

The Venn diagram charting the potential European customer base for P4A and people who own any Record playing equipment of any description is two separate goddamned circles at ether end of the paper!

This whole affair has been a disaster from the moment Atlus announced that P4A would be region-locked on PS3. Back then I think fans realised delays would be inevitable, but probably weren't expecting anything like the 9 or 10 months it actually turned out to be.

Zen/PQube/whoever they are mentioned several times that they were waiting on Arc System Works to provide them with a 360 version, or something. If Atlus had a European office and published the game themselves, they would've made sure Arc got their arses in gear. As it is, they region locked the PS3 version and washed their hands of it.

I'm conflicted. As a Persona 3/4 fanboy, I want to play through Arena for the story if nothing else. But I can't bring myself to pay £30, thus in a roundabout way endorsing the terrible decisions made by Atlus, after everything that's happened.

ConanThe3rd said:
Oh it gets better. If you preorder from Game you get a limited edition 12'' Vinyl of the sound track.

A F@*&ing record!

A RECORD!

The Venn diagram charting the potential European customer base for P4A and people who own any Record playing equipment of any description is two separate goddamned circles at ether end of the paper!

ok...I'm one of those people, least I'd have a backup of the BGM for better audacity :lol:
Still I am amazed they're bundling this with a pre-order, they might as well be pitching it on 8-track.

picture for anyone who cares, is it me or does the centre seem like the twilight-zone?:
269211_414905235250494_1008432097_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... people realise this ISN'T the GAME SOUNDTRACK right?
The ARRANGE Soundtrack is a 6 track mix CD of "The Ultimate" and Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko/Akihiko/Mitsuru's themes @ around 4 Minutes each.

medium.png

01 The Ultimate -Naked mix -
02 The Junes Hero - Electro mix -
03 Like The Dragon - Girl Pop mix -
04 Princess Amagi - Traditional Taste mix -
05 The Wandering Wolf - Straight mix -
06 Missions For The Brilliant Executer - 2K mix -

It's really nothing to get excited about at all. It came with the US copies regardless.
We are merely getting the same as the US release with some digital ****. We've still been completely screwed over.
Seeing as they kept going on about how we were getting 'Something nice' for putting up with this BS and then OFFERING A RECORD, Zen have taken the piss with this release in every way possible.
If they Delay it again/cancel it, nobody will be surprised. A majority of the people who wanted it couldn't give a toss now either way.

fabricatedlunatic said:
This whole affair has been a disaster from the moment Atlus announced that P4A would be region-locked on PS3.
I partially agree with this. It was also a complete and utter disaster when it was announced that Zen were to be handling the European release. Just look at their previous track record.

Mangaranga said:
Wait... people realise this ISN'T the GAME SOUNDTRACK right?
The ARRANGE Soundtrack is a 6 track mix CD of "The Ultimate" and Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko/Akihiko/Mitsuru's themes @ around 4 Minutes each.

Oh My! that practically leaves the other side blank. Man that's wasteful. I thought my print of "Base for Alec" was bad.
As I said, should have been on 8-track

Edit: This video should sum up every one's feelings about Zen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc&hd=1

So people bitch about P4A not getting a UK release at first and when it eventually does get one all of a sudden no one wants to buy it. I get why since you want to tell Atlus that is not how they do EU game releases but at the same time it risks the possibility of other niche games not getting a UK release as well

Invisible Crane said:
I get why since you want to tell Atlus that is not how they do EU game releases but at the same time it risks the possibility of other niche games not getting a UK release as well

Nothing is going to change whether we buy it or not. This crap with Atlus games in Europe has been going on for 15 odd years. Also Zen did give an excuse. Apparently they only recently received to EU build because Atlus and Arc System Works couldn't be bothered to give it to them in a timely fashion.

Emulsion said:
Invisible Crane said:
I get why since you want to tell Atlus that is not how they do EU game releases but at the same time it risks the possibility of other niche games not getting a UK release as well

Nothing is going to change whether we buy it or not. This crap with Atlus games in Europe has been going on for 15 odd years. Also Zen did give an excuse. Apparently they only recently received to EU build because Atlus and Arc System Works couldn't be bothered to give it to them in a timely fashion.

That was the jist of it yeah, so the wait was fairly lengthy because of it. In many ways i feel sorry for Zen being caught in the middle of all this, because it means they get the brunt of the rage aimed at Atlus instead(and Arc Systems too).

I'm still intent on getting the game. Sure, we're now way out of a timeframe for becoming pro and keeping life in the pro scene(though isn't it going to EVO? i'm sure i heard it was likely...) but i want to play the game regardless, and see what the story holds. So i'll pick it up. LE with Vinyl? eh, maybe i'll go for it. We'll see. May is an expensive month after all.

Invisible Crane said:
So people bitch about P4A not getting a UK release at first and when it eventually does get one all of a sudden no one wants to buy it. I get why since you want to tell Atlus that is not how they do EU game releases but at the same time it risks the possibility of other niche games not getting a UK release as well
Whist, you.

N1S has done nothing but good since they opened N1SE and Atlus' f*£king around has done nothing to undo that. Could have done better in advertising ZHP was a PSN thing but I'm not complaining.

Invisible Crane said:
Go tell Capcom to bring us Investigations 2 and see how you get on.

animefreak17 said:
MaxonTreik said:
animefreak17 said:
i have no idea what the persona series is all about but when it comes il have a look
Do you make it your life goal to make the most pointless posts in the world? Serious question.
nope im just saying what im thinking
Then you need to do a lot more thinking and less saying. No-one cares that you haven't heard of it. Google it, ya numpty.

Invisible Crane said:
So people bitch about P4A not getting a UK release at first and when it eventually does get one all of a sudden no one wants to buy it.

No, people bitch about the fact that we're getting the same content as the US/JP release nearly a year later.
Zen's only job was to print the discs with an EU region code instead, that's it and it's taken them until now to announce a release (and more stores were listing an August release last year).
It's also aggravated by the fact that this is one of the only region locked PS3 releases. Region locks and poorly handled releases don't go particularly well together.

Invisible Crane said:
same time it risks the possibility of other niche games not getting a UK release as well

Persona and Arc Systems Works fighting games hardly qualify as niche though.

I suppose I shouldn't be claiming knowledge of fighting game popularity. Though I would have expected if asked to name 10 fighting game franchises most fans of fighting games would have named one of theirs.

Yeah, they might do, but the games are played by a very small crowd compared to the Capcom and Namco games. I would say most everyone in the Birmingham fighting game scene knows about or has played a little bit of Guilty Gear or Blazblue, but you would struggle to organize even an eight man tourney and get people actually playing seriously.

Back