Panty and Stocking discs may be defective...

Lawrence said:
Oh, another thread about how much we hate Manga UK? Lets be fair, accidents do happen...
And they keep on happening... I don't hate Manga, but nor am I going to stick up for them when they screw up either. They are a business which sometimes provides me with things I want to buy and sometimes doesn't. I do think it's rather petty to hate Manga as an entity because of things they've done in the past, but when they get something wrong it is perfectly legitimate to criticise them. This is one of those times.

Lawrence said:
If it bothers you so much AF, why not just send it back when it arrives and ask for a refund?
That's pretty much it. Besides, I'm sure it'll hit MangaUK harder if they get a bunch of returns than people moaning on forums or on their Twitter.

Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
If it bothers you so much AF, why not just send it back when it arrives and ask for a refund?
That's pretty much it. Besides, I'm sure it'll hit MangaUK harder if they get a bunch of returns than people moaning on forums or on their Twitter.

Should I say It has a default or say something else

Usually, when something like this happens, e.g. Cancelling the BDs to certain shows, I'm the first one to defend Manga UK.

They're a company, and they need to make money. I understand that. They're also people, and sometimes make minor screwups with audio and subtitles. I forgive them for that.

But this? This is unacceptable. This is the kind of product I expect from Hong Kong bootleggers. Not "The UK's largest and best anime distributor."

Unfortunately, due to Manga's track record with not issuing replacement discs, I don't expect them to be fixing this anytime soon. I really hope they do, but if they don't, it will be very irresponsible.

I refuse to deal with irresponsible companies, ok? Now, I buy their products, because I support them releasing great shows in a legal way, and more importantly, I buy them because I like having the show, there on my shelf. I think having a case on my shelf with nice artwork is better than a folder on my hard drive with .mkv files.

However, if they don't issue replacement discs, I'm done. I won't buy anything from them again, and I'll probably sell my collection and buy a HDD and pirate everything.

Now, some people are gonna get pissed at me for saying that, and try to make me out to be "not a real fan" for not supporting them and opting to use illegal sources.

I don't really give a ****. I'm not gonna make up some ******** about how it's morally ok to do pirate, because... in this case... I don't even need to. It's a defective product. I refuse to support companies that release defective products. Simple as that.

Lawrence said:
Oh, another thread about how much we hate Manga UK? Lets be fair, accidents do happen, I mean, I'm sure if they could have had Madman author the disks, they would have. But asking them to replace the disks might drain funds that would have otherwise paid for riskier acquisitions like Madoka Magica on Blu-ray. Jermone is only one man and he isn't exactly lucky enough to have a big team to support him, I don't imagine they could afford that either.

Really? You're going to the bat for this one? You're telling me that you will support Manga in releasing a product that is actually defective.

If they can't release the disks right (Or reissue them) then they shouldn't bother.

Manga have gone virtually unchallenged for about six months now and it's starting to show.

Ya know, ladies, as has been breifly mentioned then ignored, there is such an idea as simply returning the product. Anywhere should allow you to do so. You know what you could do then? Buy the R1 release! Thus teaching Manga a lesson AND not needing to have a tirade every time Manga F-up.

Damn entitled kids these days >.>

As I said before, I was never interested in P&S, but if this was a series I was interested in and that I did buy, I would want a working replacement or at the very least, a full refund. I think Manga are lucky that it was caught this early, so this mistake can be identified and fixed for any future print runs.

Sure it will cost MangaUK money to issue replacement discs (in fact, it's only the third disc that has this problem, right? So it's not like they'd have to make all 3 again). However, it will cost them more money in the long term due to potentially losing customers over what is frankly poor quality control. This sounds like a problem that could have been identified by simply watching the third disc.

I think what fans should do is, return their copies en masse. Posting on Twitter might get Jerome's attention but if you really want to get the bigwig's attention, hit their bank account and give the retailers a nudge by returning their defective products instead of say, leaving them lying around.

megagold5 said:
Ya know, ladies, as has been breifly mentioned then ignored, there is such an idea as simply returning the product. Anywhere should allow you to do so. You know what you could do then? Buy the R1 release! Thus teaching Manga a lesson AND not needing to have a tirade every time Manga F-up.

Dude, what?! How does expecting a company to perform quality control checks on their products constitute as being "entitled"?

The Region 1 release is an extra £10 plus shipping, too.

Damn,now this is a total joke,got my copy on friday and was going to start watching it today now i find this out,just checked the disc and yep the same damn problems occur,there really is no excuse for this. :evil:

megagold5 said:

If you bought a dvd for any other show in creation, Doctor Who, Lost, 60's Batman (is that out on DVD?) and you only got 20 minutes of a 25 minute episode then that's a defct and, frankly, Manga need to know that they screwed up in this situation.

It's gotten to the point where these sorts of things is now effecting the shows to the point where they are unwatchable (quite litterly in this instance).

That's not being entitled, that's common sense.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Err...Is this a thing? or are people just assuming from umm..."Check Disks"?

Surely someone has the proper release already, anyone checked?
There's been confirmed positives with Retail Disks in this situation.

hope this does not happen in future releases

i pre-ordered this and it was just sent out, i really hope this is just happening with a few, but judging by responses i've seen it's probably a mass fault, this unsettles me because i have quite a few pre-ordered from manga, and my last order angel beats had a problem too, nothing much, the problem was that it said that there were 9 episodes on the first disc and 5 on the second, when there were really 7 on each, it even presented this on the inside of the case, again not a huge problem, but manga could have shown a bit more effort.

Paradox295 said:
megagold5 said:

Dude, what?! How does expecting a company to perform quality control checks on their products constitute as being "entitled"?

ConanThe3rd said:
If you bought a dvd for any other show in creation, Doctor Who, Lost, 60's Batman (is that out on DVD?) and you only got 20 minutes of a 25 minute episode then that's a defct and, frankly, Manga need to know that they screwed up in this situation.

It's gotten to the point where these sorts of things is now effecting the shows to the point where they are unwatchable (quite litterly in this instance).

That's not being entitled, that's common sense.

Entitle: (To)"Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something."

Which I am sure you both have in respect of returning and complaining (in a SENSIBLE MANNER). Doesn't mean I have to be happy about reading through your constant swears and insults directed to Manga which are moslty uncalled for.

:roll:

So are Manga entitled to release this as is with no recourse to anyone else except milktose responses?

Cuz if there's a time to call a company ****, it's when they're actauly screwing up.

Back