Panty and Stocking discs may be defective...

If they have to replace the whole package anyway it might not make much difference, since they'd still have to get all the boxes back, open them, replace the third disc, reseal them and get them back out again.

Just Passing Through said:
I have some sympathy for Manga though, they'll have lost a five figure sum on this, but in terms of customer relations, it's the least they can do.

I thought the least they could do was do nothing.

I had a feeling something like this would be done. However, it is a shame that they aren't simply going to have a disc replacement program when the new discs are available (getting a refund then rebuking later leads to the same result but is more tiresome).

Joshawott said:
I had a feeling something like this would be done. However, it is a shame that they aren't simply going to have a disc replacement program when the new discs are available (getting a refund then rebuking later leads to the same result but is more tiresome).

They'd have trouble no matter what they do becuase not everyone is on the internet.

I didn't learn about a My Hime recall on one disc till a year later, luckily in that case I was able to lean on the play.com staff given my large order histroy and get an exchange.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

They'd have trouble no matter what they do becuase not everyone is on the internet.

I didn't learn about a My Hime recall on one disc till a year later, luckily in that case I was able to lean on the play.com staff given my large order histroy and get an exchange.
Have notices up in the anime isle of store? Or the front of the store like other recalls?

Joshawott said:
Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Have notices up in the anime isle of store? Or the front of the store like other recalls?

I've only ever seen super markets do that, or companies where the product is going to kil/injure someone.

I am disapointed that my local HMV still has 6 odd sets on its shelf as of today when this was known about on fri/sat of last week. Worse yet they had more stock on Monday when I was checking the shelves so there's 3-4 upset people somewhere localy.

I am disapointed that my local HMV still has 6 odd sets on its shelf as of today when this was known about on fri/sat of last week. Worse yet they had more stock on Monday when I was checking the shelves so there's 3-4 upset people somewhere localy.
The HMV I went to yesterday had none P&S out on the shelves.

Joshawott said:
My local HMV closed down, so...

If you notice it, why not point it out to staff yourself?

I was tempted to do so but at the time I wasn't sure if this was an entire run issue or if they'd already put somethig in place.

Couple of new developments on Twitter...

Apparently they can't recall existing stock until they have a release date for the reauthored version set, and they haven't even got the corrected masters yet. Once they can tell e-tailers when the new release date it, that's when the old stock will come off the shelves. Until then, it's caveat emptor.

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/231382886157275136

and someone raised the point that not offering a disc replacement service is in contravention of EU law...

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/231302383953653760

Just Passing Through said:
and someone raised the point that not offering a disc replacement service is in contravention of EU law...

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/231302383953653760
I did think it was VERY odd that they weren't doing that. Looking up the mentioned directive:
The Directive applies to
· any defective movable consumer product
· any seller, that is to say any person who, under a contract, sells consumer goods in the course of their trade, profession or business
· a producer, meaning the manufacturer of consumer goods, the importation of goods or any other person who purports to be a producer by virtue of their name, brand or other distinctive sign

The directive calls for
· a guarantee of at least 2 years for new goods (or longer if the Member State wishes) where the seller will undertake without extra charge to reimburse the price paid or to replace and/or repair consumer goods if they do not meet the specifications set out in the guarantee statement or relevant advertising.
· a guarantee of at least one year for used goods (except those sold by a private seller)
Source
Yup.

Well, it's probably easier for them to manage if everything goes through the retailers. But for users in other countries or who purchased through stores which don't do refunds for whatever reason, I think an individual replacement would be appropriate. They probably want to send most people to the stores so they can get refunds as the replacement will be delayed, rather than having people send them in to Manga and then complain that they don't receive the replacements within a few days, or having people who paid some daft amount from a brick and mortar store demanding that Manga pay them that full amount back as a refund in cash rather than the amount Manga effectively sold the product to the store for in the first place.

In other words, it makes sense to me that they'd do the replacement through the shops. Completely sucks that there is no recall though yet as it's just going to cause more annoyance everywhere when people who don't monitor UK news get stuck with the faulty version down the line.

R

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
I assume there's a typo in there somewhere regarding the discs
I found it:

We run a vigorous quality control process at Manga Entertainment
Yes, I'm pretty sure he meant "rigorous".

Joshawott said:
I did think it was VERY odd that they weren't doing that. Looking up the mentioned directive:
The Directive applies to
· any seller, that is to say any person who, under a contract, sells consumer goods in the course of their trade, profession or business
· a producer, meaning the manufacturer of consumer goods, the importation of goods or any other person who purports to be a producer by virtue of their name, brand or other distinctive sign

The directive calls for
· a guarantee of at least 2 years for new goods (or longer if the Member State wishes) where the seller will undertake without extra charge to reimburse the price paid or to replace and/or repair consumer goods if they do not meet the specifications set out in the guarantee statement or relevant advertising.
· a guarantee of at least one year for used goods (except those sold by a private seller)
Source
Yup.

It does say "The seller will undertake..."
As customers love to point out to me at work, under the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

Shiroi Hane said:
ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
I assume there's a typo in there somewhere regarding the discs
I found it:

We run a vigorous quality control process at Manga Entertainment
Yes, I'm pretty sure he meant "rigorous".

Joshawott said:
The Directive applies to

The directive calls for
Source
Yup.

It does say "The seller will undertake..."
As customers love to point out to me at work, under the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer.
I see.

I've asked a guy I know who's pretty knowledgeable with EU laws and stuff to check on it too. I do wish the damn government acts would be written in plain English though.

Back