[Overseas] The Otakon 2016 Thread

Said it before and I'll say it again, I'll be buying me them Fate/Zero sets.

It's a shame to hear the Kyousougiga release isn't gonna look too great as I'm a big fan of the visuals of the show, to hear the colours are gonna be off is a bummer. Will still be picking it up though.

Another rage inducing thing is the fact they have no plans to release Kenshin, like wtf is the point in having a license if you're not gonna use it? I mean surely people would buy Kenshin right? Like I'm not just woefully misinformed on this am I? (I am somewhat out of touch these days so I very well may be lol).

Hunter x Hunter BDs hopefully starting this year is also pretty great.

D.Gray-man is something I've wanted to watch but having only half available put me off so nice to hear the rest is coming.

Sword of the Stranger on BD is great too, most likely hold off and see if Anime Limited get it first though, maybe not, who knows.

Thanks for the summary NormanicGrav.

Discotek in really on a roll, personally glad to see Strike the Blood finally has a release date now. Further Arcadia of My Youth and Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer are certainly on my to-buy list. Other titles announced by Discotek don't say very much to me, would need to check up on them to see if they fit me.

Also ecstatic about the Chunibyo Heart Throb Collector's Edition, will fit very nicely next to my season 1 CE
And great to see that Viz will release the Ranma ½ movies and OVAs
Sword of the Stranger and Summer Wars from FUNi are also on my to-buy list, need to check Overlord first and then will decide.

What Fate/zero concerns i'm in doubt to double dip these or not, as i already own the Japanese sets of these.

Cheers for the consolidated post Grav.
Thanks for the summary NormanicGrav.

PwtDNuBl.png

Forgot to mention one other thing, apparently JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 Blu-ray may see a release around the time that Hunter x Hunter begins their sets.

Turns out I needn't have worried about Aracadia! Discotek have said in the discussion under their announcement of the film on their Facebook page that they WILL be releasing it on DVD. Huzzah!

Back