[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Crunchyroll May 2023 Schedule.

 One Limited Edition and One 4K UHD Limited Edition this month.

May 2nd:
Tomodachi Game (Blu-ray)
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie (Blu-ray)

May 9th:
Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (Standard Blu-ray, LE)

May 16th:
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Blu-ray)
The Dawn of the Witch (Blu-ray)
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (Blu-ray)

May 23rd:
Date A Live IV (Blu-ray)
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (Blu-ray)

May 30th:
Requiem of the Rose King Part 2 (Blu-ray)
Violet Evergarden: The Movie (Standard Blu-ray, Standard 4K UHD Blu-ray, LE)

704400108051_anime-aharen-san-wa-hakarenai-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107870_anime-date-a-live-iv-blu-ray-dvd-primary.jpg704400107153_anime-restaurant-to-another-world-season-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400108105_anime-requiem-of-the-rose-king-part-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107894_anime-shikimoris-not-just-a-cutie-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107832_anime-the-dawn-of-the-witch-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107856_anime-the-greatest-demon-lord-is-reborn-as-a-typical-nobody-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400108075_anime-tomodachi-game-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107887_anime-trapped-in-a-dating-sim-the-world-of-otome-games-is-tough-for-mobs-blu-ray-...jpg704400108136_anime-violet-evergarden-the-movie-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Crunchyroll May 2023 Schedule.

 One Limited Edition and One 4K UHD Limited Edition this month.

May 2nd:
Tomodachi Game (Blu-ray)
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie (Blu-ray)

May 9th:
Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (Standard Blu-ray, LE)

May 16th:
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Blu-ray)
The Dawn of the Witch (Blu-ray)
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (Blu-ray)

May 23rd:
Date A Live IV (Blu-ray)
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (Blu-ray)

May 30th:
Requiem of the Rose King Part 2 (Blu-ray)
Violet Evergarden: The Movie (Standard Blu-ray, Standard 4K UHD Blu-ray, LE)

I'm glad Aharen-san is getting released. It would be nice if someone would pick it up for the UK, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sentai Filmworks cease distributing through Right Stuf.

TRSI handles their DVD and BD distribution, but since being bought out by Sony/Funimation, it was only a matter of time before Sentai pulled out. But it looks a total split, not only the manufacturing/distribution/shopfront side of things. There won't even bet be Sentai product on sale at TRSI anymore it seems. The days of TRSI being a one-stop anime shop are over.

TRSI handles their DVD and BD distribution, but since being bought out by Sony/Funimation, it was only a matter of time before Sentai pulled out. But it looks a total split, not only the manufacturing/distribution/shopfront side of things. There won't even bet be Sentai product on sale at TRSI anymore it seems. The days of TRSI being a one-stop anime shop are over.

Was always going to happen after the CR buyout. I expect Discotek and GKids/11 Arts to follow suit as soon as they have an alternative.

Yes, this is such sad news, the sale of Rightstuf was such a disappointment to me when it was first announced, and I predicted back then that non-Crunchyroll titles would be removed from the site around the March timeframe, and I was correct. Discotek better get some alternate website shop setup very soon...

EDIT: Ha, sniper_samurai just beat me to the post as I was typing mine up...

I wonder if it's worth the risk of trying to put any last minute orders in via UP1, considering that this announcement will probably have a lot of people panic buying, potentially meaning Sentai items will rapidly go out of stock. That would cause headaches for any orders not fulfilled before the end of month cut-off.

I wonder if it's worth the risk of trying to put any last minute orders in via UP1, considering that this announcement will probably have a lot of people panic buying, potentially meaning Sentai items will rapidly go out of stock. That would cause headaches for any orders not fulfilled before the end of month cut-off.
They should still be available elsewhere as AMC own the distribution company Sentai are moving to, whether UP1 would still be able to stock them is another issue.

Someone should probably ask if they’ll be stocking Sentai titles going forward once the distributor switches.

I'm really hoping they will still stock Sentai titles; they will just have to purchase their stock like any other retailer. I hope they don't go completely cold turkey and cut-off selling other vendor's releases. If Rightstuf gives up their one-stop shopping advantage, I'll be extremely disappointed with them.

Distribution Solutions to Distribute Sentai Filmworks/Section 23's Home Video Releases

Update: Regarding wholesale and distribution only, the last day to order Sentai's products from Right Stuf will be on March 24. The last day for Right Stuf to ship Sentai's products for wholesale and distribution will be on March 31. Right Stuf will still continue to sell Sentai's titles, and the transfer to DS will not change this.

OK, so there's our answer about Rightstuf continuing to sell Sentai titles at retail from their own website after March 31. That's a big relief.

Crunchyroll June 2023 schedule.

One Limited Edition this month.

June 6th:
Platinum End Part 2 (Blu-ray)

June 13th:
My Senpai is Annoying (Standard Blu-ray), LE
Skeleton Knight in Another World (Blu-ray)
Spy x Family Part 1 (Blu-ray)

June 20th:
Aoashi Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray)

704400108679_anime-aoashi-season-1-part-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107085_anime-my-senpai-is-annoying-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107078_anime-my-senpai-is-annoying-limited-edition-blu-ray-dvd-alta.jpg704400107559_anime-platinum-end-part-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107955_anime-skeleton-knight-in-another-world-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400108358_anime-spy-x-family-part-1-blu-ray-dvd-primary.jpg

Crunchyroll June 2023 schedule.

One Limited Edition this month.

June 6th:
Platinum End Part 2 (Blu-ray)

June 13th:
My Senpai is Annoying (Standard Blu-ray), LE
Skeleton Knight in Another World (Blu-ray)
Spy x Family Part 1 (Blu-ray)

June 20th:
Aoashi Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray)

Yet to watch it myself but nice to see My Senpai is Annoying get a limited edition.

Sentai July blu-ray releases:

The Executioner and Her Way of Life
(LE to follow later)

Keep Your Hands off Eizouken! (Dubbed and LE to follow later)

Penguindrum ~ Re:Cycle of the Penguindrum Movie Collection ("new" dub)

Tokyo Mew Mew New

When Will Ayumu Make His Move?

High School of the Dead
(Re-release)

Medaka Box (Re-release)

Exciting to hear about Eizouken, would have hoped it was dubbed somewhere else but this is its last chance so it is what it is. Progress with the Penguindrum films as well

(LE to follow later)

Tokyo Mew Mew New

High School of the Dead
(Re-release)

Medaka Box (Re-release)

Exciting to hear about Eizouken, would have hoped it was dubbed somewhere else but this is its last chance so it is what it is. Progress with the Penguindrum films as well
The Executioner and Her Way of Life ended up being a lot better than I expected. I wonder what the LE will be like.

(LE to follow later)

Tokyo Mew Mew New

High School of the Dead
(Re-release)

Medaka Box (Re-release)

It's great to hear they are finally releasing Eizouken! Hopefully Anime Limited or MVM can release a version of the LE here in the UK.

Back