[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai FILMWORKS September 2023 schedule.

September 5th:
Call of the Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

September 19th:
Girls und Panzer (TV and OVA): Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Utano Princesama Maji LOVE STARISH TOURS (Blu-ray)

September 26th:
Gatchaman: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Lupin ZERO: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

Interesting to see Gatchaman come back, and it's getting the Patlabor/Hayate the Combat Butler style treatment with the slipcase, which is neat.

Gatchaman-Complete-Collection_816726020464_01_00_1012x1080_623fce9b-2418-4701-8dd9-d3003a571045_500x.png

Sentai FILMWORKS September 2023 schedule.

September 5th:
Call of the Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

September 19th:
Girls und Panzer (TV and OVA): Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Utano Princesama Maji LOVE STARISH TOURS (Blu-ray)

September 26th:
Gatchaman: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Lupin ZERO: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

Assuming AL will pick up Lupin Zero and MVM will pick up Call of the Night. Interested in that Gatchaman set.

Weird that Gatchaman has the same SRP as the 2019 Collector's Edition, that featured a rigid Slipcase & a 64 page booklet.
On the other hand, the price is still fine for the number of episodes

Assuming AL will pick up Lupin Zero and MVM will pick up Call of the Night. Interested in that Gatchaman set.
When was the last time AL picked up any Sentai release?
Totally not against it as they're pretty much the only other game in town but they only really deal with MVM 🤷‍♂️

Crunchyroll September 2023 schedule.

One Limited Edition this month.

September 5th:
Shinobi No Ittoki (Blu-ray)
The Girl from the Other Side OVA (Blu-ray)

September 12th:
One Piece: Season 13 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray/DVD)

September 19th:
AMAIM: Warrior At The Borderline (Blu-ray)
Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World Season 2 (Limited Edition & Standard Blu-ray)

September 26th:
Rent-A-Girlfriend Season 2 (Blu-ray)

704400108082_anime-amaim-warrior-at-the-borderline-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400107405_anime-one-piece-season-13-part-3-blu-ray-dvd-primary.jpg704400108013_anime-rezero-starting-life-in-another-world-season-2-limited-edition-blu-ray-alta.jpg704400108730_anime-rent-a-girlfriend-season-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400109195_anime-shinobi-no-ittoki-blu-ray-primary.jpg704400109348_anime-the-girl-from-the-other-side-ova-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Definitely in for Shinobi No Ittoki and Re:Zero Season 2 Limited Edition. I already have the deluxe Kickstarter Edition of Girl from the Other Side.

I was always curious about Rent-A-Girlfriend; I have never watched any of it, and I wonder if it is mainly a RomCom with too much comedy for my tastes, or if it is more drama or melodrama so that it may actually be worth a watch.

I was always curious about Rent-A-Girlfriend; I have never watched any of it, and I wonder if it is mainly a RomCom with too much comedy for my tastes, or if it is more drama or melodrama so that it may actually be worth a watch.

I enjoyed the first season but it ended up being an average (in my opinion) harem show with the usual stupid misunderstandings and lack of meaningful development, so I jumped ship after one episode of the follow-up. I too was hoping for more interesting drama content based on the premise.

R

DC have announced a Suicide Squad Isekai anime project. It's being produced by Studio Wit with a screenplay from Tappei Nagatsuki, the author of Re:Zero.
Not sure what to think tbh. DC entering the anime space could be interesting and the show itself looks fun but the Suicide Squad is an odd choice to start with and the isekai setting feels tacked on to make it more "anime".

Not sure what to think tbh. DC entering the anime space could be interesting and the show itself looks fun but the Suicide Squad is an odd choice to start with and the isekai setting feels tacked on to make it more "anime".
Indeed, there are some western IPs that would work well. I'd really like the Alien VS Predator anime to see the light of day. It was apparently completed but has never been released due to the Fox takeover by Disney.

If they just reveal the Isekai element is that they got brought to New Genesis then I'll be onboard. Because that means they'll have Granny Goodness fight Amanda Waller in animation.

Attachments

• 5e141ce9ca8cd3e39e3360ba1d06970a7c6f046d_hq.jpg
    5e141ce9ca8cd3e39e3360ba1d06970a7c6f046d_hq.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 2
Sentai FILMWORKS October 2023 schedule.

One Limited Edition and Two re-release this month.

October 3rd:
Immoral Guild: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

October 10th:
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Ultimate Collection (Re-release Blu-ray)
The Eminence in Shadow: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

October 17th:
Chihayafuru Season 3 LE

October 24th:
Blade & Soul: Complete Collection (Re-release Blu-ray)

October 31st:
Phantom of the Idol: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

lVGa7vS.jpgChihayafuru-Season-3-Limited-Edition_816726021157_01_00_1012x1080_720d07ad-7d8b-4a78-b8c5-f970...jpgevyn0gL.jpgBKbDHTh.jpgWwpQRPh.jpgV7sIJA1.jpg

Back