[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Good to know, thanks. Whenever I import anime, I always end up defaulting to the US and forget to check if Australia has a better option, which is weird because I bought a bunch of Madman DVDs years ago when I was filling in the gaps in my Godzilla collection. Fortunately I've only bought Sailor Moon R from the US versions so far.

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK March 2021 line-up.

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Cyber City Oedo 8083 epsBlu-ray30th$29.98English
Japanese
Probably the same disc as the UK version.
Central Park Media license rescue
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 224 epsBlu-ray30th$49.98English
Spanish
Japanese
Lupin the Third: Missed By a DollarfilmBlu-ray30th$24.98English
Japanese
Funimation license rescue
Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine12 epsBlu-ray30th$59.98English
Japanese
Funimation license rescue
Submarine Super 9913 epsBlu-ray30th$39.98Japanese

I got lucky and purchased the four DVD sets for Nana less than a week before set 2 went OOP about 5 years ago, but to have it on Blu-ray, even as a decent upscale, would be great - and a Premium Edition set would be awesome!

4nana2.jpg

Looks like Sentai has acquired the rights to the 2006 series Nana from studio Madhouse after it was spotted being among the trailers available on the Girls und Panzer Anzio Battle 2021 re-release.

Nana was released by Viz Media many years ago and is one of those titles that had yet to be re-released ever since.

The trailer does not seem to be on any of the other December or January Sentai releases, so hopefully it's not just a mistake on only this menu... Fingers crossed!

I'd say that the chances of them accidentally including the trailer to a show they don't have is basically zero. So they have Nana, that's pretty much certain. It's really just a question of when they release it at this point, not if. The fact that we've seen a trailer for it (when we haven't for, say, Kaiji) suggests it could be coming sooner rather than later.

Sentai April 2021 line-up.

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Assassins Pride12 epsBlu-ray
Steelbook
27th$99.98English
Japanese
Re-release
Elfen Lied13 eps
+ OVA
Blu-ray6th$49.98English
Japanese
Re-release
Hero Mask24 epsBlu-ray27th$89.98English
Japanese
Netflix Original series
Kaiji52 epsBlu-ray20th$99.98JapaneseIncludes both seasons.
No dub, sub only.
Kids on the Slope12 epsBlu-ray13th$59.98English
Japanese
Re-release
LaidbackersfilmBlu-ray13th$29.98JapaneseNo dub, sub only.
Sunday Without God13 epsBlu-ray6th$59.98English
Japanese
Re-release

Nice to see Sunday Without God and Kids on the Slope get rereleases, very deserving even if the former feels unfinished.

Back