[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Do we know if there will be a dub yet? :)
No. it hasn't been said if they will yet. Sentai has been difficult to predict which Amazon pickups they make will get dubbed. Scums Wish and Blade of the Immortal were dubbed but Killing Bites wasn't. I would guess this likely won't (due to the 36 episode length) but who knows for sure on that.

Last edited:
No. it hasn't been said if they will yet. Sentai has been difficult to predict what Amazon pickups they make will get dubbed. Scums Wish and Blade of the Immortal were dubbed but Killing Bites wasn't. I would guess this likely won't (due to the 36 episode length) but who knows for sure on that.

Thanks for the info :)

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK April 2021 line-up.

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 120 epsBlu-ray27th$49.95JapaneseRightstuf license rescue
Lupin the Third: The Elusiveness of the FogfilmBlu-ray27th$24.95Japanese
Mon Colle Knights51 epsSD Blu-ray27th$49.95JapaneseEnglish release still planned
(hunting down dub masters is
taking its time)
S-CRY-ed26 epsBlu-ray27th$59.95English
Japanese
Bandai + Sentai license rescue
Saint Seiya Movies Collection:
Saint Seiya The Movie: Evil God Eris (1987)
The Heated Battle of the Gods (1988)
Legend of Crimson Youth (1988)
Warriors of the Final Holy Battle (1989)
4 filmsBlu-ray27th$24.95Japanese16:9, same as JP release

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE
TO SUPPORT SAINT SEIYA
UNDER DISCOTEK - IF THIS
UNDERPERFORMS DON'T
EXPECT ANY MORE FROM THEM

I somehow missed/forgot about the Mon Colle Knights license, so yay! Discotek steadfastly continuing to feed my addiction when most of the other US distributors have given up on variety in their recent batches.

R

Gonna have to frankenstein the Rose of Versailles Blu-ray discs into my Nozomi DVD box sets using a few double-disc thinpak cases - Give me chipboard over standard amaray cases with garbage o-card slips anyday. The Nozomi boxes are really nice, and I actually like clear DVD thinpak cases - much more than ugly blue amaray cases.

OMG! One Piece is going Blu-Ray with the latest Voyage collection. If that means Funi are going back to the start and releasing the whole thing that way, that’s gonna drain some bank balances.
Toei have started to re-release One Piece on blu-ray in japan but unfortunately it's cropped 16:9 instead of being in 4:3 full frame

Sentai May 2021 line-up.

GATETV: 1-24Blu-ray
4th​
$59.98​
English
Japanese​
Re-release
7 SEEDS Part 2TV: 13-24Blu-ray
11th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
Netflix license,
but Sentai dubbed it
BabylonTV: 1-12Blu-ray
11th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
Amazon + Twin Engine license
Sentai dubbed it
Karakuri CircusTV: 1-36Blu-ray
18th​
$99.98​
Japanese​
No Dub, Subtitled only
Ahiru no SoraTV: 1-50Blu-ray
Limited Ed.
25th​
$129.98​
English
Japanese​
Sentai simuldubbed it

LE includes:
All eps + extras on 7 discs
Rigid Box + 1 fat BD case
Cast Visual Book
Ahiru no Sora Part 2TV: 25-50Blu-ray
25th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
Sentai simuldubbed it
BAKI (2018 series) Season 1TV: 1-26Blu-ray
25th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
Netflix license,
but Sentai re-dubbed it

Sentai May 2021 line-up.

GATETV: 1-24Blu-ray
4th​
$59.98​
English
Japanese​
Re-release
7 SEEDS Part 2TV: 13-24Blu-ray
11th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
Netflix license,
but Sentai dubbed it
BabylonTV: 1-12Blu-ray
11th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
Sentai dubbed it
Karakuri CircusTV: 1-36Blu-ray
18th​
$99.98​
Japanese​
No Dub, Subtitled only
Ahiru no SoraTV: 1-50Blu-ray
Limited Ed.
25th​
$129.98​
English
Japanese​
Sentai simuldubbed it

LE includes:
All eps + extras on 7 discs
Rigid Box + 1 fat BD case
Cast Visual Book
Ahiru no Sora Part 2TV: 25-50Blu-ray
25th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
Sentai simuldubbed it
BAKI (2018 series) Season 1TV: 1-26Blu-ray
25th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
Netflix license,
but Sentai re-dubbed it
Has it been made clear if the Baki release is a brand new ground up dub or just bad wording in Sentai's press release?

I was on reddit a week or so ago (bad idea I know) and there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to if it was a new dub or a new dub cast compared to the 1st two seasons.

Just find it interesting if it is a completely new dub. I'm sure there's a number of reasons why they'd do it ($$$$$).

Personal opinion though Troy Baker is a great voice actor no doubt, and going from podcasts quite far up his own a$$ on the ego scale, but really didn't fit the character for me 🤷‍♂️

Has it been made clear if the Baki release is a brand new ground up dub or just bad wording in Sentai's press release?

I was on reddit a week or so ago (bad idea I know) and there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to if it was a new dub or a new dub cast compared to the 1st two seasons.

Just find it interesting if it is a completely new dub. I'm sure there's a number of reasons why they'd do it ($$$$$).

Personal opinion though Troy Baker is a great voice actor no doubt, and going from podcasts quite far up his own a$$ on the ego scale, but really didn't fit the character for me 🤷‍♂️

Back