[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Discotek Media April 28th 2020 slate:

Honey and Clover: Complete Season 2 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $39.95
Kyo Kara Maoh: Complete Season 3 [sub] - Blu-ray - $59.95
Lupin the Third: The Last Job [sub] - Blu-ray - $24.95
NG Knight Lamune & 40: Complete Series [sub] - SD Blu-ray - $44.95

Funimation May 2020 slate.

ByqqhsXh.png

Random note: A number of newer titles in April 2020 got delayed so don't be surprised by the lack of new stuff here.

5th May:
Black Clover: Season 2 Part 4 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $54.98
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life: Complete Season 1 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $64.98
OVERLORD II: Complete Season 2 (Classic) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $49.98
Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru: Complete Seasons 1 & 2 Collection [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $69.98

12th May:
Code:Breaker: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $24.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
Devil May Cry: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $34.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
Teasing Master Takagi-san: Complete Season 1 (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $29.98

19th May:
Eureka Seven: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $34.98
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $34.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Complete Season 1 & Movie (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $29.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
King of Thorn (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $19.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
The Quintessential Quintuplets: Complete Season 1 (Limited Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $84.98
The Quintessential Quintuplets: Complete Season 1 (Standard Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98

26th May:
Black Clover: Complete Season 1 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $84.98
Fractale: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $29.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
Midnight Occult Civil Servants: Complete Series [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $64.98
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Essentials) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $29.98 - Upgraded from S.A.V.E. line
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 1 (Limited Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $89.98
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 1 (Standard Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 2 (Limited Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $69.98
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 2 (Standard Edition) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World: Part 1 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $64.98
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World: Part 2 [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $64.98

Limited Edition details:
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets: Complete Season 1 includes a 52-page Artbook, 5 Art Cards, and one random Japanese Shikishi featuring one of the quintuplets.
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 1 includes a 120-page Artbook, 4 Metallic Art Cards, Linkable metal keychains of Raphtalia, Filo, and Naofumi, Vinyl sticker shields; and a Fabric poster of Raphtalia and Naofumi.
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season 1 Part 2 includes a light novel booklet containing the novel content from the Japanese Blu-ray volume releases.

Yeah, watched the first episode last night, it's not for me. Too cutesy. Give me some romantic drama, and not comedy, and I'd eat it up. Scum's Wish, Domestic Girlfriend, Just Because, Lull in the Sea, stuff like that. 👍

Last edited:
Sentai Filmworks May 2020 slate.

5th May:
Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!?: Complete Series [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $49.98

12th May:
Maid-Sama: Complete Series (Re-release) [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $89.98
Vampire Hunter D (Limited Edition Steelbook) [Sentai Filmworks dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $69.98

19th May:
Senryu Girl: Complete Series [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $49.98

26th May:
Run With the Wind: Complete Series [dub/sub] - Blu-ray - $89.98 - LE coming soon

I wish MVM would clone the Run With The Wind LE but i know thats never going to happen.

Did anyone want Try Knights? 4.77 on MAL and Rugby's not exactly popular in the US.

Madman and Funimation AU June 2020 anime releases:
Madman:
Anne of Green Gables (Blu-ray)
Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 2: Anemone (Blu-ray)
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Season One) (Blu-ray)
Naruto Shippuden Chakra Collection 4 (Eps 213-283)
One Piece: Stampede
One Piece: Stampede (Blu-ray)
The Promised Neverland Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)

Funimation x Madman:
Fire Force Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Million Arthur Complete Series (Eps 1-22+Ova) (Blu-ray)
Robihachi Complete Series (Blu-ray)
The Devil is a Part-Timer! Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Wise Man's Grandchild (Season 1) (Blu-ray)

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Interesting that Siren Visual lost the rights. Then again, Siren Visual is pretty much dead.

When Siren Visual released the BD back when they had the rights, did they use Funimation's masters, use Manga's masters (even though Manga released their release a month later), or create their own from scratch?

And I'm guessing the future for Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 2 remains uncertain.

EDIT: I completely forgot about DanMachi Season 1's listing. In fact, I even forgot that it was released before by Hanabee (I found out through Grav's Twitter through a retweet).

Last edited:
Interesting that Siren Visual lost the rights. Then again, Siren Visual is pretty much dead.

When Siren Visual released the BD back when they had the rights, did they use Funimation's masters, use Manga's masters (even though Manga released their release a month later), or create their own from scratch?

And I'm guessing the future for Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 2 remains uncertain.

EDIT: I completely forgot about DanMachi Season 1's listing. In fact, I even forgot that it was released before by Hanabee (I found out through Grav's Twitter through a retweet).
Siren used the Funimation masters. It makes sense they would re-release it because Siren's release was sublicensed, so having Funi release it directly makes more sense.

As for Danmachi, it's less of a surprise to me since Madman added the series on AnimeLab and released the film here.

Back