[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Thing that I don't get about this is that it takes a LONG LONG LONG time to remaster a series of this length, which presumably is what this is i.e a continuation of the Level Sets. Soooo there is surely no way that if this doesn't get to 3000 reservations that we are never going to see this come out right? Because surely they have already done the remastering and put in the time and cost to do that. If they haven't then when the hell does this come out!?

I can't see this NOT hitting the target of 3000 anyway. My only worry is if for whatever reason this is the only 4:3 version we ever get. I would buy Dragon Box or just normal standard editions of the season sets for this so I have my fingers crossed that I get the chance to do so.

--------------------------------------
EDIT:
WAIT WTF!? SURELY NOT!!!!
They de grained it why do that.

Last edited:
D3vo9QiXoAU8-bu

AnimEigo/Robert Woodland's next kickstarter project is Megazone 23.

D3_Y226WAAAc78V

Ladies & Gentlemen - Funi's July 2019 slate is building up.

Also, DEMON LORD IS GETTING AN LE YAS

2nd July:
Basilisk (Classics) - $44.98
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls Part 2 - $64.98
Black Clover Season 1 Part 5 - $54.98
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 2 - $64.98
Dragon Ball Super Part 8 - $44.98
Is This a Zombie?: Seasons 1 & 2 - $49.98
Tokyo Ravens (Essentials) - $34.98

9th July:
In Another World With My Smartphone (Essentials) - $29.98
ISLAND - $64.98
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Essentials) - $29.98

30th July:
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - $64.98
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (LE) - $84.98

A while back Best Buy listed Steins;Gate 0 Parts 1 & 2 for 2nd July. On Funi's schedule they have an LE for Part 1 but no show or artwork mentioned.

WTK on Fandom Post also mentioned Fuuka for 16th July. The specs for Is This A Zombie? does not mention the OVA that was made DVD only.

D3_Y226WAAAc78V

Ladies & Gentlemen - Funi's July 2019 slate is building up.

Also, DEMON LORD IS GETTING AN LE YAS

2nd July:
Basilisk (Classics) - $44.98
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls Part 2 - $64.98
Black Clover Season 1 Part 5 - $54.98
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 2 - $64.98
Dragon Ball Super Part 8 - $44.98
Is This a Zombie?: Seasons 1 & 2 - $49.98
Tokyo Ravens (Essentials) - $34.98

9th July:
In Another World With My Smartphone (Essentials) - $29.98
ISLAND - $64.98
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Essentials) - $29.98

30th July:
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - $64.98
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (LE) - $84.98

A while back Best Buy listed Steins;Gate 0 Parts 1 & 2 for 2nd July. On Funi's schedule they have an LE for Part 1 but no show or artwork mentioned.

WTK on Fandom Post also mentioned Fuuka for 16th July. The specs for Is This A Zombie? does not mention the OVA that was made DVD only.
Plz let Hope how Not to Summon a Demon Lord is region A/B

Last edited:
Updated slate.

2nd July:
Basilisk: Complete Series Blu-ray (Classics) - $44.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls: Part 2 Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Black Clover Season 1: Part 5 Blu-ray & DVD - $54.98
Black Clover Season 1: Part 5 Blu-ray & DVD (with Artbook) - $69.98
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card: Part 2 Blu-ray - $64.98
Dragon Ball Super: Part 8 Blu-ray - $44.98
Dragon Ball Super: Part 8 DVD - $44.98
Is This a Zombie?: Complete Seasons 1 & 2 Blu-ray - $49.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner
Steins;Gate 0: Part 1 Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Steins;Gate 0: Part 1 Blu-ray & DVD (Limited Edition) - $84.98
Steins;Gate 0: Part 2 Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Tokyo Ravens: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $34.98

9th July:
In Another World With My Smartphone: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98
ISLAND: Complete Series Blu-ray - $64.98
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner

16th July:
Claymore: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $34.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner on DVD
Fuuka: Complete Series Blu-ray - $64.98 ~ previously scheduled for July 2018, but a year later it's now here as a BD only set
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner on DVD
Witchblade: Complete Series Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98 ~ previously released under the original Anime Classic banner

23rd July:
Assassination Classroom: Complete Season 1 Blu-ray (Classics) - $49.98
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Complete Season 1 Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life: Complete Series Blu-ray (with English Dub) - $64.98 ~ previously released as a subtitled only set
Noragami: Complete Season 1 Blu-ray (Classics) - $49.98

30th July:
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord: Complete Series Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord: Complete Series Blu-ray & DVD (LE) - $84.98
Maken-Ki!: Complete Season 1 Blu-ray (Essentials) - $29.98 ~ previously released under the Super Amazing Value Edition banner
Noragami Aragoto: Complete Series Blu-ray (Classics) - $49.98
Sakura Quest: Complete Series Blu-ray - $69.98
Space Battleship Tiramisu Zwei: Complete Series Blu-ray - $34.98

Nichijou got an English dub. What a way to start your selamat pagi.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord limited edition release includes a 20 page artbook, lenticular artcards, a fabric poster, and a magnet sheet.

Steins;Gate 0 will include the Episode 23 Beta episode that bridges the gap between Steins;Gate to Steins;Gate 0. The limited edition release includes a smartphone stand, cellphone strap, art book and art cards housed in a chipboard box.

An update on the Is This A Zombie? release. The specs have now been updated to include Season 1 and 2 in their absolute entirety (i.e. episodes 1-13 for S1 and 0-11 for S2). For added context, the Season 1 OVA was released on the DVD format only in the Anime Classics set prior.

Last edited:
Hope that they change Nichijou to region free instead of having it locked to region A or that there being an english dub will cause it to released for region B.

It aired on German TV. Never watched it full, because it always aired at school time. It's somewhat (quite) episodic with an overarching plot. It's also quite a classic that's often referenced. (Including one very um, questionable one in City Hunter by the same author, which in turn is kind of a classic now.)

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

Discotek Media have announced plans to release the following for June 2019:

Cyborg 009 The Cyborg Soldier: Complete Series on Standard Definition Blu-ray
English & Japanese audio with English subtitles - $69.95 SRP

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: Complete Series on Standard Definition Blu-ray
Japanese audio with English subtitles - $39.95 SRP

Yowamushi Pedal: Complete Season 1 on Blu-ray
Japanese audio with English subtitles - $59.95 SRP

Back