[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Not really. It makes sense to release a CE first and then release an SE later. Distributors keep doing this and for some reason, you never seem to comprehend.
It also makes sense from Funimation's perspective as their limited editions generally do not sell out for months. So making the audience go for the CE first will cover the costs of that title.

So Financial 100% Financial decision. Like their X price Ce of DBZ that now has 3000 print run.
Like how can Madman have a SE of FMP IV and Kamuy but FUNi not its obv not licensing wise. Weird FUNi didnt sublicense death march yet though.

I can understand with FMP as it includes the audio drama, which is a separate licence. Odd to see it also included in the Madman SE, but it does cover the 6th volume which was skipped in the anime.
I was told the audio dramas included in the Funimation limited edition is not 'Dancing Very Merry Christmas' but random ones instead.

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody is officially out of print by both Rightstuf and United Publications. This is because there was no standard edition option available, so I recommend you pick it up if you want the show and also similar modeled titles like Full Metal Panic IV and Golden Kamuy.
Did fear this would happen, was already OOS at UP1USA since beginning of last week. Probably against my better judgment that my order can't be fulfilled, I've put in an order for it together with Golden Kamuy.

BTW the Google spreadsheet I keep up-to-date, well after my hiatus anyways, also reflects the OOP status for Death March.

Did fear this would happen, was already OOS at UP1USA since beginning of last week. Probably against my better judgment that my order couldn't be fulfilled, I've put in an order for it together with Golden Kamuy.
Yeah I had my order placed back in 11th March, I was hoping they would at least order it from Rightstuf but apparently that was never the case (they instead order directly with the publisher, which may explain the faster pace with the Aniplex sets).

I was told the audio dramas included in the Funimation limited edition is not 'Dancing Very Merry Christmas' but random ones instead.
I haven't received my copy yet to check, should clear customs today, but they have used the DVMC promo image as the reverse cover for the audio drama box which doesn't make sense if it doesn't contain DVMC.

I haven't received my copy yet to check, should clear customs today, but they have used the DVMC promo image as the reverse cover for the audio drama box which doesn't make sense if it doesn't contain DVMC.

Here's the post that a user on Fandom Post stated when they received theirs:
So my copy of Invisible Victory came

Fun story the audio drama is not Very Merry Christmas, it is a series of audio dramas that came with Invisible Victory. This is annoying, and it wouldn't be too bad.

But...

They use the Very Merry Christmas cover for the cd case and I feel mislead.

America and Sentai didn’t do this. And it does not make sense at all bar financially they want more mark up so release the more profitable item first. Also with importing raising CE prices higher than what Americans pay its not surprising i ain’t rushing to buy half of these. And AL has FMP IV but no news as they have no news about anything really. Kamuy I will get from AUS as they have a SE....
This may come as a surprise to you, but Funimation is a for-profit business. Furthermore, UK customers who import are irrelevant to Funimation US's decisions. UK customers are also irrelevant to Funimation UK, but we should be used to that by now.

This may come as a surprise to you, but Funimation is a for-profit business. Furthermore, UK customers who import are irrelevant to Funimation US's decisions. UK customers are also irrelevant to Funimation UK, but we should be used to that by now.
I mean obv they are a business for money doesn’t mean I have to like restricting customer choice

Yeah I had my order placed back in 11th March, I was hoping they would at least order it from Rightstuf but apparently that was never the case (they instead order directly with the publisher, which may explain the faster pace with the Aniplex sets).
Just checked my UP1USA order list, and i see it’s no longer there but no email communication about it being cancelled. Time to contact them. Ordered it now on Amazon as a backup.

I mean obv they are a business for money doesn’t mean I have to like restricting customer choice
But there'll be a a budget release at half the price of an SE in 10-12 months anyway. I'd prefer a CE first, budget release 10-12 months later model, personally. It helps prevent people paying full price for a recent SE release from being screwed when a budget release is announced a couple months later.

And to conclude my Death March story, I did receive an email from them this morning. And funny enough (or not depends on your view) me and five others received the same email as we were all in CC instead of I guess BCC :eek::D

But there'll be a a budget release at half the price of an SE in 10-12 months anyway. I'd prefer a CE first, budget release 10-12 months later model, personally. It helps prevent people paying full price for a recent SE release from being screwed when a budget release is announced a couple months later.
Yeah there big essentials push is kinda annoying

How is cheaper access to blu-rays in a short timeframe annoying? That is EXACTLY what you keep campaigning for. You really do just complain about EVERYTHING.
It’s annoying in terms that it’s mostly the entire monthly slates, they aren’t including all extras like with Lucky Star and these aren’t “quick” most have been two years since release I do like the classic and essential idea but it need some better execution such as slip covers and a set time between normal standard and these re releases. New game was only a year after s2 which seems a bit close imo when it was only a standard release.

Last edited:
Back