[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

D2NT3JIWoAYgsS4

A round-up of the June 2019 releases from both Funimation, Maiden Japan and Sentai Filmworks.

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

Discotek Media have announced plans to release the following for May 2019:

Nagasarete Airanto: Complete Series on Blu-ray
Japanese audio with English subtitles - $44.95 SRP

Sonic X: Complete Series on Standard Definition Blu-ray
4Kids English audio with Closed Caption subtitles - $69.95 SRP

The Twelve Kingdoms: Complete Series on Blu-ray
English & Japanese audio with English subtitles - $89.95 SRP

That's cool that Twelve Kingdoms is back in print. I'm lucky enough to have the Media Blasters BDs and will probably hold on to them as they look really nice packaging wise. But most importantly the Media Blasters release is across 10 discs, matching the Japanese release so I'm guessing the video quality is the best it could possibly be. I would guesstimate that the Discotek release will be about 5-6 discs.

WDXmteN.png

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody is officially out of print by both Rightstuf and United Publications. This is because there was no standard edition option available, so I recommend you pick it up if you want the show and also similar modeled titles like Full Metal Panic IV and Golden Kamuy.

^There is surely no way that they won't do a Standard Edition also. Is this something to do with Crunchyroll or something? I would guess if it is then sometime later we'll get a standard edition from whoever they team up with next, most likely Sentai.

Not really. It makes sense to release a CE first and then release an SE later. Distributors keep doing this and for some reason, you never seem to comprehend.
America and Sentai didn’t do this. And it does not make sense at all bar financially they want more mark up so release the more profitable item first. Also with importing raising CE prices higher than what Americans pay its not surprising i ain’t rushing to buy half of these. And AL has FMP IV but no news as they have no news about anything really. Kamuy I will get from AUS as they have a SE....

Back