[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Manga should pick up Hinamatsuri, they probably won't though
During the Manga survey I selected HINAMATSURI among Dragon Maid and Tanya as titles they should go for. I figured the show wouldn't get the LE treatment in the US but it's a popular enough title I reckon would do well for the UK, especially as it's dubbed also.

I'd love Manga (or anyone else) to grab Hinamatsuri but it seems very unlikely so I'll probably import that one (probably wait for a sale/pricedrop though), may grab Hellsing too.

I know it’s popular among who watched it but I dunno if many people actually watched it
Completed by 114,000 on MAL. I'd say that's quite a few. Obviously not all UK (I wonder if the percentage per country of the MAL membership is out there somewhere?)

Is 7th on the season at 203,000 (all listings watching, PTW, dropped, on hold and complete). Only beaten by WotaKoi in terms of non-sequals.

Its already close in MAL numbers to Smartphone, Gal and Death March, having come out a while later. Obviously those 3 are much better shows though and more deserving of the LE treatment. 😇

Wotakoi I felt was under appreciated too due to Amazon
I'm lucky with Amazon as I piggyback off my mums account. I would probably have to get the ol' 'at 'n' parrot out if she stopped the subscription, as they seem to get good shows like WotaKoi and the current Dororo.

As for WotaKoi's stats it is 4th with 237,000 overall. Only beaten by massive shows: MHA3, S;G0 & TG:re.

Due for 11th June from Funimation (US):

Berserk-Quality.gif

Berserk (2016/2017): Complete Series Blu-ray - $69.98
Kamisama Kiss: Complete Season 1 (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
Lord Marksman and Vanadis: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
NEW GAME!: Complete Seasons 1-2 Blu-ray - $69.98
Terror in Resonance: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
Tokyo ESP: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98

Kamisama Kiss Season 1 marks the first S.A.V.E. edition title to be made available under the new Essentials label.

FUNi really seem to be padding recent slates with re-releases like is a year long enough to warrant re releases stuff like New Game?
Considering the CR deal has ended, my guess is that they're trying to shove those CR titles under the Essentials range just to make a quick buck before the licenses expire in a few years time.

Polyband Germany revealed their content for "Pokémon: Partner up with Pikachu" (Verbünde dich mit Pikachu)
Their DVD/BD will feature episodes #2, #10, #13, #19 and #20 from "Sun & Moon" and is listed with English Dub. Whilest there is no confirmation yet, I expect a season 20 boxset to be released later on.

The Manga UK release of the same name (and same artwork) features 4 selected episodes from Season 1 (Kanto).

Later this year, Polyband Germany will release movies 1, 2, 3 and 8. Languages and avaibility of the Pikachu shorts to be confirmed.

Back