[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Yes. But ALs is just three amarays and a couple of nice boxes at a very high price in the end. ALs isn’t good value. I do wonder if sunrise and AL knew FUNi weren’t dubbing it all along. But I do wonder if AL will now announce any of the other two films. As they STILL haven’t put their Q1 slate up. And it’s middle of December

Pretty interested in the 4K anime future.

I'm curious what the first Western anime 4K BD will be and who we'll see it from. Personally, I think it'll be one of the biggies first, like Akira or Ghost in the Shell. Not sure how much they'd improve over the BD or how willing people who've already gone through VHS, DVD and BD releases already would be to buy it, but they're pretty safe bets.

I'm curious what the first Western anime 4K BD will be and who we'll see it from. Personally, I think it'll be one of the biggies first, like Akira or Ghost in the Shell. Not sure how much they'd improve over the BD or how willing people who've already gone through VHS, DVD and BD releases already would be to buy it, but they're pretty safe bets.
People were mentioning in regards to Ghost in the Shell that there was a very noticeable uptick in detail and clarity with the 4KBD. It was also mentioned that the HDR was really good, especially in INNOCENCE where it could be considered a showcase piece.

The studio is irrelevant, I actually thought most of the show looked decent anyway. It's down to the publisher if they want another series. I'd be happy to see sunrise do it given thier experience with Mecha

It looked terrible especially ep 10,11,12 they really couldn’t animate Sosuke properly. And it getting delayed about 4 times means it ain’t running very well. 2202 you can tell they have a higher budget and it takes a long time between “films”

Back