[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Isnt most of that down to the source material?
None you quoted are original series.
And Im finding Steins Gates' 0 animation quality meh, average.
All my praise is at the VN Staff for it

Last edited:
Isnt most of that down to the source material?
None you quoted are original series.
I'm sure it's easy enough to f*** up an adaptation. I've only watched one anime after seeing the original work first (Persona 5) and the studio doing that have only done an OK job with it. With the ones that I've seen after watching the anime first reveal mixed results as well.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's easy enough to f*** up an adaptation. I've only watched one anime after seeing the original work first (Persona 5) and the studio doing that have only done an OK job with it. With the ones that I've seen after watching the anime first reveal mixed results as well.
I have problems with SG0's adaption as well they really have F'ed up so far the whole two routes, I knew you couldnt merge them

I have problems with SG0's adaption as well they really have F'ed up so far the whole two routes, I knew you couldnt merge them

I suspected that might be an issue with SG0. In fact has any Anime really pulled off the merging of multiple VN stories arcs into one? I kinda feel the fact the arcs were separate n the first place means you'd need a very skilled hand to even think of merging them.

Crunchyroll & Funimation have rescheduled some of their upcoming releases:
  • Drifters: The Complete Series (Classics) is now TBA
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst: The Complete Series is now TBA (Crunchyroll notes December 2018 estimate)

Maybe the OVAs for drifters!
Also maybe the Ova for Burst too
The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst already included its OVA (for that specific season). It's probably a push-back due to the physical contents taking longer than usual (the pillow thing).

Worth noting that it's Otakon this weekend so we may hear some news in regards to the November 2018 release slate for Funimation.

The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst already included its OVA (for that specific season). It's probably a push-back due to the physical contents taking longer than usual (the pillow thing).

Worth noting that it's Otakon this weekend so we may hear some news in regards to the November 2018 release slate for Funimation.
Would it be able to support a standard OVA release for the new OVA or whatever it is?

Sentai Filmworks announced at Otakon on Friday that the following titles will receive English Dubs.

Girls' Last Tour
Land of the Lustrous
Mitsuboshi Colors
Just Because!

Sentai Filmworks announced at Otakon on Friday that the following titles will receive English Dubs.

Girls' Last Tour
Land of the Lustrous
Mitsuboshi Colors
Just Because!
5e8d7fd8719676e5ba8dfcd99770add49b70574f_hq.gif

I may pick up FMA:B if they do something fancy with it, it is an all time favourite of mine. I already own Manga's at the moment, so I'll have to see how good an upgrade it actually is before I put money down.

It’s removing the commentaries and bloopers so some people are already annoyed. But I want hopefully nice box art especially as it says it’s designed by arakawa and non translated OPs as FMAB’s imo are some of the worst and they also ruin all the episode titles imo

So basically they are releasing 30 episodes a box set with each half covering the OVA Collection. For Aniplex standards it's a better price than I was expecting.

Comparing the prices between Funimation and Aniplex the difference is around $40 SRP between the two for each set.

It’s removing the commentaries and bloopers so some people are already annoyed. But I want hopefully nice box art especially as it says it’s designed by arakawa and non translated OPs as FMAB’s imo are some of the worst and they also ruin all the episode titles imo

I mean, charging more for less is a pretty crap thing to do.

Back