[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Not A4 is nice. Are there any other details out already as to what package they have?

It will be similar to the SE Saphir edition but without the saphir mention because that collection don't exist anymore.

-Outer box
-Digipack
-Booklet (~20pages)

I don't know the details.

Maybe because of the right-holders in Japan.
Maybe because of selling number.
Maybe because there was too many types of edition (CE/Saphir/Gold).

Anyway the distributor (IDP) decided to stop that collection.
Now they almost only make Collector's edition in A4 fomat, wich I hate so I don't buy anything anymore from them.

That's a real shame. I like the Saphir line up. I had also noticed the surge of the unhandy CEs, but so far had thought it was just the first edition, like how they put Danmachi, S&W and Haikyuu into those fatty editions first.

Extremely low prices would have required extremely high selling numbers to cover the license and dubbing.

But as more and more titles are released Vostfr-only in France and some series that were produced in HD only get DVD-releases (or don't get any physical releases), the selling numbers aren't high enough for more...

Sounds like France has an Anime recession in recent history. oo"
The low prices of the Saphir edition wasn't even my primary reason for liking. I liked the whole packaging layout with it's sturdy box and max 3-face digipack, which is kind of like some of AL's releases. (Also Saphir never has digipack combos.)

That's a real shame. I like the Saphir line up. I had also noticed the surge of the unhandy CEs, but so far had thought it was just the first edition, like how they put Danmachi, S&W and Haikyuu into those fatty editions first.

Danmachi (and the next spin-off "Oratoria") and Haikyuu where not released in those A4 format, those are in regular Blu-Ray collector format (G2).

Danmachi (and the next spin-off "Oratoria") and Haikyuu where not released in those A4 format, those are in regular Blu-Ray collector format (G2).
There weren't A4, but they were still combos, therefore more thick (what I meant with fatty). The A4's are just plain huge in contrast. Kind of always thought those new collector's were mostly a Kana thing like with Psycho Pass and Log Horizon.

I just hope that the Monogatari's getting some more releases might also mean that Mushishi S2 may have just pop out of nowhere, as well. I liked S1's French dub, too. =/

Don't get you hope too high for Mushishi s2, the right-holder for the home-video right are not the same as season 1, it's Aniplex, and they are way more complicated to deal with, the fact that season 2 didn't get any release in the world (Outside of Japan and on DVD only in Australia are a good indicator).
And no Aniplex is not the right holder for international Home-video right for the monogatari Saga, it's Kodansha.

Wasn't it said, that Garden of Sinners was getting a simple edition re-release in France (with the epilogue)?

Yes, a re-release of the 7 movies + another box with the last movie "Recalled out Summer", no complete box.
What Robbl said is about the right holder for the garden of Sinners, it's also Kodansha, not Aniplex.

I so want both seasons of Mushishi on Blu-ray with English subtitles, I really love that series. I have the Funimation DVD for Season 1 and the AU Madman DVD for Season 2, and I also have them all in fansubs, some in 1080p and some in 720p, but I still keep wishing for a proper Blu-ray release sometime in my lifetime, which won't be too many more years, lol...

I love Garden of Sinners too, but I think I'm good with physical media for that series already - I bought both the JP Limited Edition and Standard Edition Blu-ray Box sets, which are English subtitled, and the seven JP DVD Box sets, which are not English friendly but have all the OST discs in them, about 3 years ago. I also have the JP and Aniplex box sets of Recalled Out Summer. The artwork on all those releases are really gorgeous.

I also have the French BD and I know enough French, so that's cool for me. (And I like the French dub, too.) I would also be fine with Japanese BDs, as I know more or less enough Japanese, too. But unfortunately the singles releases seem to have gone OOP and no sign of any BD box yet.
If I had known the license would be so troublesome worldwide I should have gotten them, while they were released. (Though I still wouldn't have liked them taking so much space...)

Back