[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Dannielle said:
Don't NIS have Wagnaria!! Season 3? Seems weird to not re-new if they have the most recent series :/ Surely it'd impact on sales if no one can get hold of the first season.

Odd.

Been hoping for a UK release of Wagnaria!!, along with Katanagatari as both titles I'd love to watch but I can't do so legally :(

Aniplex of America have the rights to Wagnaria!! Season 3.

I still have yet to acquire Anohana's main series (I own the film) so I'm hoping Anime Ltd can acquire the rights if I can't find one.

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:
Don't NIS have Wagnaria!! Season 3? Seems weird to not re-new if they have the most recent series :/ Surely it'd impact on sales if no one can get hold of the first season.

Odd.

Been hoping for a UK release of Wagnaria!!, along with Katanagatari as both titles I'd love to watch but I can't do so legally :(

I still have yet to acquire Anohana's main series (I own the film) so I'm hoping Anime Ltd can acquire the rights if I can't find one.

Ohh. I see. Maybe Aniplex can nab that, does the first season have a Blu-Ray in Japan?

It's criminal how Anohana hasn't made it's way over here yet.

Dannielle said:
NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

Odd.

Ohh. I see. Maybe Aniplex can nab that, does the first season have a Blu-Ray in Japan?

It's criminal how Anohana hasn't made it's way over here yet.

Criminal indeed. I guess Aniplex could nab the rights but they've said before that they aren't worried about not releasing their older titles hence why Day Break Illusion and Samurai Flamenco still hasn't made a release yet. Bless you Anime Ltd for acquiring Samurai Flamenco, underrated show in my opinion.

There is a Blu-ray Box of Season 1 interestingly enough.

Anohana just seems like such a perfect show for AL to release, unless they would have big concerns over how many units they could shift of a five year old show.

ilmaestro said:
Anohana just seems like such a perfect show for AL to release, unless they would have big concerns over how many units they could shift of a five year old show.

I don't think that would be an issue. Gurren Lagann, Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, Durarara and of course Mobile Suit Gundam are all 5+ years old.

Discotek Q1 Schedule.

January 2016
Giant Gorg DVD complete series
Wicked City Remastered DVD
Yowamushi Pedal DVD Season 1

February 2016
Getter Robo Armageddon DVD complete series
Iria Zeiram DVD complete OVA series
Jigen's Gravestone DVD
Requiem From the Darkness DVD Complete Series ~ New license, Japanese title is Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari
Blue Submarine No. 6 single DVD
Night on the Galactic Railroad Blu Ray

March 2016
Jigen's Gravestone Blu Ray
Darkstalkers complete OVA series DVD
Magic Night Rayearth complete TV series DVD
Earl and Fairy DVD complete series
Dai Guard complete TV series DVD ~ New license, Japanese title is Chikyuu Bouei Kigyou Dai-Guard

Twilight Time have announced that Harlock: Space Pirate will be delayed to early January so that more time can be added to the 3D and special features.

However, in the case of HARLOCK: SPACE PIRATE we have decided to delay the blu-ray till January, when it will be available to ship with the other 5 Jan titles. This is not about the crowded holiday schedule, but is more to do with the complexity of the 3D authoring, and the sheer volume of special features, most of which had to be subtitled for our release. It is simply too big a project to rush. HARLOCK will be ready to pre-order again on Wednesday, January 6th. Apologies for any convenience caused. Happy Holidays, everyone!
Source: Twilight Time Facebook
CV-9NzMVEAA4oJB.png:large

Not sure if this has been posted already, but NIS America's Working!! license has expired and will not be renewed; meaning their DVD release of the first season is going OOP. Now might be a good time for a UK licensor to pick up the series.

Source

NormanicGrav said:
Discotek Q1 Schedule.

January 2016

February 2016
Jigen's Gravestone DVD
Requiem From the Darkness DVD Complete Series ~ New license, Japanese title is Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari

March 2016
Dai Guard complete TV series DVD ~ New license, Japanese title is Chikyuu Bouei Kigyou Dai-Guard

To note anyone thinking of importing Wicked City should remember that the UK release is cut, so I am not sure where that would leave anyone leagal wise importing the uncut North American release.

Glad to see they've picked up Jigen's Gravestone.

TBH looking at their forthcoming titles reminds me of the early days of Manga Entertainment in the UK.

robot monkey said:
NormanicGrav said:
Discotek Q1 Schedule.

January 2016

February 2016
Jigen's Gravestone DVD

March 2016

To note anyone thinking of importing Wicked City should remember that the UK release is cut, so I am not sure where that would leave anyone leagal wise importing the uncut North American release.

Jigen is also getting an English dub made which is a first for Discotek, apparently the VA for Jigen wanted to be hidden so we'll never know who voiced him.

As for Wicked City, as far as I'm aware the BBFC don't mind people buying/importing uncut sets just as long as it's for private home use only.

NormanicGrav said:
robot monkey said:
NormanicGrav said:
Discotek Q1 Schedule.

January 2016

February 2016
Jigen's Gravestone DVD

March 2016

Jigen is also getting an English dub made which is a first for Discotek, apparently the VA for Jigen wanted to be hidden so we'll never know who voiced him.

As for Wicked City, as far as I'm aware the BBFC don't mind people buying/importing uncut sets just as long as it's for private home use only.

Thanks I am never really sure what it was they cut in Wicked City & wonder if it would have been released uncut these days.

Looking on Discotek's website rather takes me back to the nineties from the titles they are offering.

NormanicGrav said:

I think the official stance on the matter is that as long as the work doesn't, or isn't suspected of, breaching the Obscene Publications Act they don't care.

So something like A Serbian Film would probably be confiscated, but American Horror Story probably wouldn't. (If you don't know why A Serbian Film is so controversial, I'd advise against googling it)

robot monkey said:
Thanks I am never really sure what it was they cut in Wicked City & wonder if it would have been released uncut these days.

Looking on Discotek's website rather takes me back to the nineties from the titles they are offering.

It's pretty incredible to see a wide range of titles they have that cover many genres, they've got the old Toei Animation films, 90s license rescues, the popular niche shows like Bokurano and Kyousougiga, the Lupin franchise and even the oddest of odds like School Days.

The best part is that their packaging and contents get better and better. Heck so far their DVDs are even region free.

And speaking of content the Wicked City release has both English dubs (the US & Manga UK versions), so this should be the first time we witness an uncut British dub.

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

I think the official stance on the matter is that as long as the work doesn't, or isn't suspected of, breaching the Obscene Publications Act they don't care. According to Melonfarmers, it seems to be either a song and dance number or an AIDS joke, neither of which is even remotely near enough to breach the OPA.

So basically City Hunter is probably fine, but something like A Serbian Film would probably be confiscated. (If you don't know why A Serbian Film is so controversial, I'd advise against googling it)

I'm aware of what that film is, that's something I wouldn't touch.

But yeah the scene in general that was cut in Wicked City involved tentacles pretty much, nothing special just Kawajiri being Kawajiri:
Wicked City: 1m 48s cut. Much like in Kawajiri's Ninja Scroll, his female leads tend to fall afoul of particularly nasty creatures (and by creatures I mean men). Passed 18.
Discotek has a couple titles that Manga UK tried to release here uncut but got BBFC cut instead like Crying Freeman, Fist of the North Star and Violence Jack.

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

I think the official stance on the matter is that as long as the work doesn't, or isn't suspected of, breaching the Obscene Publications Act they don't care.

So something like A Serbian Film would probably be confiscated, but American Horror Story probably wouldn't. (If you don't know why A Serbian Film is so controversial, I'd advise against googling it)

You can't tell because the BBFC site says Wicked City was cut but doesn't say why.

They do have Demon City Shinjuku as well by the same director that wasn't cut.

Also Mad Bull 34 that was cut & even has one different episode title on the Discotek release.

Back