[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Funimation have made some more announcements:

Buddy Complex will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in the future (release date to be determined)

Daimidaler: Prince VS. Penguin Empire will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in 2015

DANGANRONPA: The Animation will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in 2015

Maken-Ki! Two will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in Spring 2015 [ETA April/May]

Nobunagun will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD on March 31st 2015

Noragami will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in Summer 2015

selector infected WIXOSS/selector spread WIXOSS will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in 2015

Terror in Resonance [Zankyou no Terror] will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in Fall 2015 [ETA Sept-Nov]

English dub confirmations are to be determined but Maken-Ki! Two is guaranteed.

I am actually excited for them to get released, I will get them all when they are released.

Outlaw Star DVD vs Blu-ray comparison:

10897794_10154994151880005_4476628366074746426_n.jpg
10891587_10154994158580005_6266710604731697549_n.jpg

Woah.

/\/\

Out of interest, is the DVD that's taken from the recent Anime Ltd one? - because that looked a lot clearer to me than those shots above.

I was wondering that too. The Anime Limited release looked clearer than the one in the image, to me.

I'd love an Outlaw Star BD release in the UK, but I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

Mangaranga said:
Just Passing Through said:
The Anime Limited release retained the original language credits, so the DVD sampled there would be the first, murky Bandai release.
Here is a more direct comparison I made using the Anime Limited DVD.

Credits look new (slightly different font) and recomposited. The DVD has more of a red push. Can see the difference in HD though.

PONY CANYON TO LAUNCHES NORTH AMERICAN LABEL: PONYCAN

TOKYO, JAPAN – January 13, 2015 - Audio-visual entertainment distributor Pony Canyon (head office: Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo; President & C.O.O. Toshiharu Kirihata) is launching its own North American label, PONYCAN, which will debut in April 2015 with two titles to be released on North American Blu-ray; Yuki Yuna is a Hero (Japanese title: Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru) and Denki-Gai (Japanese title: Denki-gai no Honya-san).

The North American Blu-ray Discs are being produced by the same staff as the Japanese versions and developed in-house, guaranteeing quality entertainment releases. Right Stuf (Right Stuf, Inc., President Shawne Kleckner) is handling sales and distribution. Detailed information, along with frequent updates, will be posted on the official PONYCAN USA website, ponycan.us.

Product Information
YUKI YUNA IS A HERO (Japanese title: Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru)(Blu-ray complete three-volume set)
BOX 1 Due to be released 4/10/2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 2 due to be released in June 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 3 due to be released in August 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
English website URL: yuyuyu.us
Official Twitter: @yuyuyu_USA
Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Yuna-Yuki/607600202719995

DENKI-GAI (Japanese title:Denki-gai no Honya-san)(Blu-ray complete three-volume set)
BOX 1 released 4/10/2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 2 due to be released in May 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 3 due to be released in August 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
English website URL: umanohone.us
Official Twitter: @DenkigaiUSA
Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Denki-gai-US/1555928257986570

black1blade said:

Someone over at Fandom Post discovered a Facebook response with regards to whether the Japanese set (the ones through Amazon JP etc.) have the subtitles since the previous Aniplex Import sets did (i.e. Garden of Sinners, Oreimo Season 1, Persona 3 the Movie #1, Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Beginnings/Eternal/Rebellion).

I'll try and find a link to the Facebook post.

UPDATE: Found it.

66vjNCU.jpg

I was thinking about getting the HF movies as they came out but if they keep the same release structure then it would seem that wont be possible (unless I have an american friend who will post it for me)

Back