[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Re: [Overseas] US/Foreign Anime News & Announcements

Buzzkillington said:
Is Part 1 of Escaflowne supposed to be listed as A|B|1|4?

The back covers were revealed earlier on as A|B|1|4, with the movie surprisingly being A|1. However the Shop Funi site notes A|1.

I wouldn't mind getting the code Geass collector's edition but I'm a bit concerned about importing it . I'm not sure but it might be illegal as the UK version does have a cut and I'm assuming the American version doesn't .

bailey1985 said:
I wouldn't mind getting the code Geass collector's edition but I'm a bit concerned about importing it . I'm not sure but it might be illegal as the UK version does have a cut and I'm assuming the American version doesn't .

Kaze version was uncut if that helps.

Plus it's legal to own a uncut/uncensored version as long as it's just for private home use only (i.e. can't use it in public cinemas and such).

I've actually just looked up what was cut for the first time and it's blowing my mind lol considering some of the crap that gets released, I have no idea why that was deemed unacceptable, apparently it's only a second long too? The mind boggles.

Didn't know the Kaze ones were uncut, I'm probably gonna stick mine on eBay soon and get rid before the US set comes out.

NormanicGrav said:
bailey1985 said:

Kaze version was uncut if that helps.

Plus it's legal to own a uncut/uncensored version as long as it's just for private home use only (i.e. can't use it in public cinemas and such).

That does help thank you , Depending on what the exchange rate like when it comes out I'll probably buy it .

good to see strike witches movie is finally coming out just hope that they'll bring out the operation victory episodes as well
and also good to see a few more sub only releases

Yet another relatively uninteresting month for Funimation. Two rescues across multiple SKUs and reissues/B list titles. I shouldn't really be complaining since it saves me money, but other than Blood Blockade Battlefront I can't think of a single new high profile/well regarded title that they're releasing in the next 3/4 months. I'll probably get the Code Geass LE so I can perform a ceremonial burning of my Kaze BDs, finally freeing my collection of titles from them. Escaflowne is a huge question mark since I've never seen the show, I know absolutely nothing about it and there's also going to be two completely different LE's across two territories for it.

I really want to get the Code Geass set, but with it so close to Haruhi, Escaflowne, and FMA, there are a lot of big titles out in such a short time that it will be super expensive.

There doesn't seem to be that much more in the set than the regular editions (just a box and some artcards) so if it's out of print by the new year I'll just get those.

D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK NEWS

• Gokudo
    Complete Series - DVD - September 27th
  • Hana Yori Dango
    Complete Series & Film - October TBC
  • Koi Koi 7
    Complete Series - DVD - September TBC
  • Sonic X
    Collection 1 (Seasons 1 & 2 4Kids Version) - DVD - September 27th
  • Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
    Film - Blu-ray - September TBC
  • Street Fighter II: Animated Series
    Complete Series - DVD - September 27th
  • Tekkaman Blade II
    OVA Series - Blu-ray - September 27th

More announcements set for Otakon 2016 including more news on Rayearth TV and Lupin the Third Part II.

Gokudo immediately gets my interest as I have zero knowledge of it annd the sleeve art is full of ANGRY PEOPLE.

There's a comment on Facebook about Rayearth being brought to BD. I hope that doesn't mean BD only, as I'm REALLY wanting to import that one.

When the hell are Discotek gonna release Kyousougiga? Pretty sure I remember seeing the box artwork for it on the site ages ago (in fact I'm sure the artwork for it was what made me go watch it) so I'm curious if it came out and I just missed it or something. >_>

Anyway I'll pick up the Street Fighter II movie for sure.

I'll be picking up both the Street Fighter releases. I've got the animated series on vhs so it'll be nice to have it on dvd.

Buzzkillington said:
When the hell are Discotek gonna release Kyousougiga? Pretty sure I remember seeing the box artwork for it on the site ages ago (in fact I'm sure the artwork for it was what made me go watch it) so I'm curious if it came out and I just missed it or something. >_>

Discotek do seem to take their time over some of their releases. Still, they seem to be of superb quality recently, so I guess that make the wait worthwhile.

HdE said:
Buzzkillington said:

Discotek do seem to take their time over some of their releases. Still, they seem to be of superb quality recently, so I guess that make the wait worthwhile.

Patience is a virtue. They had some catalogue titles that needed sorting out first (like Magic Knight Rayearth which has a ton of content on its Blu-ray release (and yes HdE it's also coming to DVD) and also Street Fighter II's film which was supposed to come out end of last year).

I would guess Kyousougiga will arrive before the end of early 2017.

I vaguely recall reading that Gokudo is a Slayers like fantasy comedy thing, though I'm not sure it has exactly the same kind of comedy.

Hana Yori Dango sounds interesting. Despite being an older Shoujo story, it apparently avoids many of the issues that the genre can run into and offers a bit of a different experience. It sounds like it could also be a bit of a rough ride too (I'm not sure if it's in a good way or a bad way, possibly both).

NormanicGrav said:
HdE said:

Patience is a virtue. They had some catalogue titles that needed sorting out first (like Magic Knight Rayearth which has a ton of content on its Blu-ray release (and yes HdE it's also coming to DVD) and also Street Fighter II's film which was supposed to come out end of last year).

I would guess Kyousougiga will arrive before the end of early 2017.
Fair enough, I only watched half of it as I wanted to wait on on the BD to watch the rest but I guess I'll just watch the rest of it now. Will still most likely pick up the BD though.

Back