Interesting announcement in there :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Overseas Anime News & Announcements

Funimation September 2016 Slate

Fairy Tail - Part 21: Episodes 240-252 [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Release Date: 6th September
Regions: A|1
SRP: $54.98
Extras: Episode 243 Commentary, Episode 248 Commentary, Katsucon with Cherami Leigh, Textless Opening Song - ''NEVER-END TALE'', Textless Closing Song - ''FOREVER HERE'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Harmony [Blu-ray & DVD Combo] [DVD]
Regions: A|B|1|2|4
SRP: $29.98
Extras (Combo): Funimation Short: Harmony, Promotional Videos, Original Trailer, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

High School DxD BorN - Complete Collection (Standard & Limited Editions) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
SRP: $64.98 (Standard) & $84.98 (Limited)
Extras: 6 OVAs, Promotional Video 1, Promotional Video 2, Blu-ray/DVD Promos, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Maken-Ki! - Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Release Date: 13th September
SRP: $29.98
Extras: Episode 2 Commentary, Episode 8 Commentary, Heart-Throb! Maken-ki! Secret Training Parts 1-6, Japanese Commercials, Original Teaser, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Maria the Virgin Witch - Complete Collection [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Release Date: 27th September
SRP: $64.98
Extras: Episode 1 Commentary, Episode 12 Commentary, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Complete Collection (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray] [DVD]
SRP: $54.98 (DVD) & $64.98 (BD)
Extras: Behind the Scenes of Aya Hirano's Music Video, Anime Expo 2007 Guest of Honor Intro, Uncut Launch Event Video, Nekoman Gallery #1-#5, Broadcast Previews #1-#13, Special Teaser, Endless Eight Prologue - Summer - An Audio Slideshow, Special Ending, Textless Opening Songs: ''Boken desho desho?'', ''Koi no Mikuru Densetsu'' (Ep. 00), ''Super Driver'', Textless Closing Songs: ''Hare Hare Yukai'', ''Hare Hare Yukai'' (Ep. 00), ''Tomare!'', U.S. Trailer

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya + Nyoron! Churuya-san - Complete Collection (Standard Edition) [DVD]
Regions: 1
SRP: $24.98
Extras: How About Oniguchi? Episodes, Oniguchi Commercials, TV Commercial Spot #1, TV Commercial Spot #2, Retail Promo Video, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Complete Collection (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray/DVD Combo]
Extras: OVA - I Cannot Let Summer Break End, Textless Opening Song ''Fure Fure Mirai'', Textless Closing Song ''Arigatou, Daisuki'' , TV Spots, Blu-ray/DVD Promo, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Complete Collection (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Regions: A
SRP: $149.98
Extras:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Seasons One & Two Extras:
Behind the Scenes of Aya Hirano's Music Video, Anime Expo 2007 Guest of Honor Intro, Uncut Launch Event Video, Nekoman Gallery #1-#5, Broadcast Previews #1-#13, Special Teaser, Endless Eight Prologue - Summer - An Audio Slideshow, Special Ending, Textless Opening Songs: ''Boken desho desho?'', ''Koi no Mikuru Densetsu'' (Ep. 00), ''Super Driver'', Textless Closing Songs: ''Hare Hare Yukai'', ''Hare Hare Yukai'' (Ep. 00), ''Tomare!'', U.S. Trailer, Special Ending, Textless Opening Song ''Boken desho desho?'', Textless Closing Song ''Hare Hare Yukai'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Making-of, New Mysterious Discoveries Journey, Location Scouting Video, CM #1 - Ver. 1 & Ver. 2, CM #2 - Ver. 1 & Ver. 2, TV Commercial Spot Collection #1, TV Commercial Spot Collection #2, Retail Promo Video, Promo Spots 1-14

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya & Nyoron! Churuya-san Extras:
How About Oniguchi? Episodes, Oniguchi Commercials, TV Commercial Spot #1, TV Commercial Spot #2, Retail Promo Video, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Extras:
OVA - I Cannot Let Summer Break End, Textless Opening Song ''Fure Fure Mirai'', Textless Closing Song ''Arigatou, Daisuki'' , TV Spots, Blu-ray/DVD Promo, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Mikagura School Suite - Complete Collection [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Extras: Textless Songs, Promo Video, TV Spot, BD/DVD Promos, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

One Piece - Season 8 Voyage 3: Episodes 481-491 [DVD]
Release Date: 20th September
SRP: $39.98
Extras: Episode 482 Commentary, Episode 486 Commentary, U.S. Extra, Textless Opening Song, Trailers

Psycho Pass - Season 1 Collection [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
SRP: $69.98
Extras: Episode 05 Commentary, Episode 11 Commentary, Episode 13 Commentary, Episode 18 Commentary, PSYCHO-PASS at Sakura-Con Part 1, PSYCHO-PASS at Sakura-Con Part 2, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Rainy Cocoa - Complete Collection [DVD] *Sub Only*
SRP: $19.98
Extras: None

Seraph of the End - Season One (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Regions: A|B|1|4
SRP: $199.98
Extras: Episode 1 Commentary, Episode 8 Commentary, Episode 11 Video Commentary, Episode 16 Commentary, Episode 21 Video Commentary, Episode 24 Commentary, ''Seraph of the endless'' Parts 1-13, Promo Videos, BD/DVD Promos, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Seraph of the End - Season One Part Two (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Regions: A|B|1|4
Extras: Episode 16 Commentary, Episode 21 Video Commentary, Episode 24 Commentary, ''Seraph of the endless'' Parts 10-13, Promo Video, BD/DVD Promos, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, as much as I love the work AL do and the titles they put out, I think I might get the FUNi release of Haruhi, just to have everything, Damn shame Anime Limited aren't able to offer something like this.

I wonder how Funi's Seraph Collector's set will compare to what we got.

I'll wait and see what AL are doing with the Project Itoh movies before I decide, but if they go with those steel cases I'll import.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be in for Funi's Haruhi Suzumiya Collector's Edition even though it's locked to A. It's a shame as I can see them losing a good few sales to this set, I'm sure they would have loved to do something like this themselves but what can you do.

For those curious as to why the US release is Region A only, it's because at the time Funimation acquired the rights Manga UK still owns the rights to most of the series.

Lucky Star is UK compatible because the Beez rights expired way before then.

It will certainly be interesting to see if Manga do react to the resurgence of interest in the series with AL's re-release. Maybe they will release the second season and film on BD, it would certainly be a good opportunity to do so.

I'll be getting Haruhi CE and High School DxD BorN LE, because they're no doubt going to go OOP in a short time.

Maria and Mikagura I'll be getting at a later point.

I'll get Maria The Virgin Witch and One Piece for sure. Waiting on more info before actually placing orders for Haruhi and Harmony (I'm definitely buying Harmony, it's just a matter of where). Can I presume the region coding on Maria means it isn't coming to the UK as part of the Funimation deal?

R

Rui said:
Can I presume the region coding on Maria means it isn't coming to the UK as part of the Funimation deal?

I'd like to know this too, as I want to get this series.

Buzzkillington said:
Seems that the Haruhi Ultimate set has a retail price of $150. Sorry AL, but I'll be grabbing this.

Can't fault it really, if we could do an ultimate then we would but alas as we don't have the rights we just have to make do :)! Enjoy it :D.

AP

elaniel said:
Rui said:
Can I presume the region coding on Maria means it isn't coming to the UK as part of the Funimation deal?

It means nothing actually - as some licensors require separate region coding :).

AP

anime_andrew said:
elaniel said:
Rui said:

It means nothing actually - as some licensors require separate region coding :).

Hmm D:

Well I'll hold back a little while before making my orders in the hope that all will be revealed about the Funi titles before I hit the preorder button (I don't tend to cancel things after that point).

R

Back