[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Re: Overseas Anime News & Announcements

Buzzkillington said:
Seems that the Haruhi Ultimate set has a retail price of $150. Sorry AL, but I'll be grabbing this.
Can't fault it really, if we could do an ultimate then we would but alas as we don't have the rights we just have to make do :)! Enjoy it :D.

AP

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative

elaniel said:
Rui said:
Can I presume the region coding on Maria means it isn't coming to the UK as part of the Funimation deal?
I'd like to know this too, as I want to get this series.
It means nothing actually - as some licensors require separate region coding :).

AP

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator

anime_andrew said:
elaniel said:
Rui said:
Can I presume the region coding on Maria means it isn't coming to the UK as part of the Funimation deal?
I'd like to know this too, as I want to get this series.
It means nothing actually - as some licensors require separate region coding :).
Hmm D:

Well I'll hold back a little while before making my orders in the hope that all will be revealed about the Funi titles before I hit the preorder button (I don't tend to cancel things after that point).

R

Mangaranga

Za Warudo

Just two definite pickups from Funi for September - those being Haruhi and DxD. Fairy Tail I'll buy whenever I get to the next batch of episodes and I'll likely import Harmony (as well as Empire of Corpses) due to the UK release being Steelboxes.

Rosencrantz

Dragon Knight

NormanicGrav said:
I'll be getting Haruhi CE and High School DxD BorN LE, because they're no doubt going to go OOP in a short time.
Same, though not because they might be going oop, I was always going to buy DxD BorN and that Haruhi set is just too good. I mean I'd probably pay that price for S1&2 combined, let alone the other shows that are being thrown in. Plus it's got a space for my Bandai version of the movie, unless they can somehow convince me to buy their version.

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff

Section23 Films October 2016 Slate

Cobra the Animation - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 18th October
Language: Japanese with English subtitles
Regions: US|1
SRP: $69.98 (DVD) & $79.98 (Blu-ray)
Extras: ???

Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Season 1 Collection [Blu-ray]
Release Date: 11th October
Language: English & Japanese with English subtitles
Regions: US
SRP: $69.98 (Blu-ray)

Hello! KINMOZA! - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
SRP: $49.98 (DVD) & $59.98 (Blu-ray)

My Love Story!! - Collection 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 25th October
SRP: $59.98 (DVD) & $69.98 (Blu-ray)

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]

The Perfect Insider - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]

Re-Kan! - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 4th October

Wish Upon the Pleiades - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 11th October

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff

NormanicGrav said:
Hello! KINMOZA! - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]

mrclt1994

Hunter

NormanicGrav said:
Section23 Films October 2016 Slate
My Love Story!! - Collection 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
SRP: $59.98 (DVD) & $69.98 (Blu-ray)
:( no Collector's Edition? FFS man

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff

Funimation | Stock Issues

Robert's Anime Corner Store's latest newswire notes that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Ultimate Collector's Edition may go out of print as soon as it get released:
The second one is the re-release of Melancholy of Haruhi, this time on BluRay, and this time in a Limited Edition boxed set that will contain all the Haruhi content and a number of extra's - this includes Haruhi Suzumiya Seasons One & Two: 28 episodes; The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya: 25 episodes; Nyoron! Churuya-san: 13 episodes; The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan: 16 episodes plus Includes a collector's specialty print finish chipboard box with artwork from original character designer Noizi Ito, plus a set of exclusive art cards housed in a removable filler box. I wanted to mention this because an inside at Funimation told me that they only plan to press a small percentage of overage of this set over and above the booked pre-orders, so I expect it to sell out fairly quickly after it is released. If you want one, please pre-order it from us so we can get your unit booked and ensure that you get one.
An example of a special set selling out before launch is Cowboy Bebop's Amazon Exclusive Premium Edition.

Buzz201

Mad Scientist

NormanicGrav said:
Funimation | Stock Issues

Robert's Anime Corner Store's latest newswire notes that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Ultimate Collector's Edition may go out of print as soon as it get released:

An example of a special set selling out before launch is Cowboy Bebop's Amazon Exclusive Premium Edition.
Oh FFS. :x

Guess I won't be getting this then. The least you can do, if your CE contains BD exclusive content, is keep it in stock until after release day...

DragonBlaze67

Combat Butler

Doesn't surprise me that Haruhi will sell out so quick, everyone's been waiting for a re-release since the DVD set went OOP years ago.

I was initially unsure about getting the CE as it was abit more than I'd want to pay but this has made the decision for me so i'll pre-order it along with Highschool DxD Born soon.

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler

Hmm, do we reckon ordering it from UP1 will still guarantee (well, as much as ordering from anywhere else would) me a copy? I can't be arsed dealing with customs, but I really want it.

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff

Love Live! School Idol Movie Premium Edition is officially out of print. No plans for reprints.

A standard edition is due for a few weeks time.