[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Shawne Kleckner (Rightstuf CEO) announced in last night's stream, that the Captain Tylor Ultra Edition will be Region A+B

Shawne Kleckner (Rightstuf CEO) announced in last night's stream, that the Captain Tylor Ultra Edition will be Region A+B

Anime Limited license announcement in 3...2...

Madman has delisted the upcoming complete collection release of Sailor Moon SuperS (the part sets are still available), however Sailor Stars Part 2 is still listed on their b2b website, with the release date of 9th December.

So here in the us Gkids got the rights to the Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series. Even though I'm not a NGE fanboy I'm glad crapamation didn't get the it because they would have totally screwed it up.

Hmmmmmm. I wonder, given G-Kids say 'Including an Ultimate Edition', if Anime Limited will do a regular edition because frankly, as not that big of a fan but wants a release of the series, the prospect of £300 ultimate edition is a push I was extremely reluctant to accept except for the promise of '"Its super limited so it will hold its value". Kinda kills that if the US release has a regular variant. Needs a definitive answer from Anime Limited ASAP.

Hmmmmmm. I wonder, given G-Kids say 'Including an Ultimate Edition', if Anime Limited will do a regular edition because frankly, as not that big of a fan but wants a release of the series, the prospect of £300 ultimate edition is a push I was extremely reluctant to accept except for the promise of '"Its super limited so it will hold its value". Kinda kills that if the US release has a regular variant. Needs a definitive answer from Anime Limited ASAP.
Basically GKIDS is simply replicating the UK Ultimate Edition in the same way that PROMARE was handled from my understanding. I don't think the UK Ultimate Edition will cost too much (worst case scenario about £199.99 SRP I reckon unless AL somehow manages include the original broadcast version of the show which Japan has released as a DVD-Box for whatever reason to up the value) but there'll definitely be a standard edition.

The thought of spending $200+ for a series is something that I even refuse to consider. I already have both the ADV Platinum thinpack and the "Holiday" version of the regular Platinum set.

Looks like the JP release of Moriarty the Patriot has English subtitles...i shall be buying

Moriarty The Patriot 1 (English Subtitles) [Limited Release] Animation Blu-ray

Awesome, I just watched Episode 1 of this anime because of your post; I really liked the episode. I will need to make note of the JP releases. If they are subtitled and the rest of the series is as good as this first episode, then I will definitely get them as well. Japanese releases with English subtitles are always a top priority for my anime collection!

I considered it once then realised how many parts they tend to be.
I don't mind a movie or something but when you hit like 8 parts with 2-3 episodes each or something it is a bit too much for me.

Back