[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Relaxo

Great Teacher
As several of the older titles are listed "no longer avaiable" on Rightstuf - or no longer listed at all at Rightstuf or Sentai Shop - one should expect that these will be gone soon.

sniper_samurai

Death Scythe
Just gone through whole list, out of the ones that we had over here, here are the titles that aren't going to be available to stream legally anymore:

AKB0048
AKB0048: Next Stage
Amnesia
Aoharu x Machinegun
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation
Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom: Dawn of the Shinsengumi
RIN-NE [S2]
Tribe Cool Crew
Tsuritama
Uta no Prince Sama 2000%

The rest are available on HIDIVE, with the exception of The Dragon Dentist, which is available on All4 as a Dub Only title.

It's interesting that 95% is on HIDIVE, is this something that HIDIVE have "outbidded" Crunchyroll on, or do you think these titles will be disappear from HIDIVE too once the license expires?

OR do you think Funimation has managed to snag an exclusive license or something?
Aoharu x Machinegun should still be there as CR have that from Anime Limited here, not Sentai.

Just checked Hi-Dive there and Rin-ne seems to have disappeared from there as well, maybe the license has expired.

crashb648

Kiznaiver
Aoharu x Machinegun should still be there as CR have that from Anime Limited here, not Sentai.

Just checked Hi-Dive there and Rin-ne seems to have disappeared from there as well, maybe the license has expired.
aH! I forgot about that. I'll re-add to my list now before I forget, thanks for the heads up!

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
As several of the older titles are listed "no longer avaiable" on Rightstuf - or no longer listed at all at Rightstuf or Sentai Shop - one should expect that these will be gone soon.
If they’re listed as such I believe that means they’re OOS and OOP. Sentai have been doing re-releases quite a lot recently so some titles May re-emerge later on (see Beautiful Bones as an example). Premium Editions, on the other hand, I don’t think would be re-printed.

Relaxo

Great Teacher
If they’re listed as such I believe that means they’re OOS and OOP. Sentai have been doing re-releases quite a lot recently so some titles May re-emerge later on (see Beautiful Bones as an example). Premium Editions, on the other hand, I don’t think would be re-printed.
Sentai already let several mediocre series expire - espespecially, but not limited, to series without proper HD master or the lack of a dub. This affects a number of series that aired 2014 or earlier in Japan, as the typical contract covers 7 years.

Titles currently reprinted include both newer titles (where the license is still fine) and older but popular titles (where revenues justify renewal of contracts)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Sentai already let several mediocre series expire - espespecially, but not limited, to series without proper HD master or the lack of a dub. This affects a number of series that aired 2014 or earlier in Japan, as the typical contract covers 7 years.

Titles currently reprinted include both newer titles (where the license is still fine) and older but popular titles (where revenues justify renewal of contracts)
Makes sense (realise I misread your initial post as asking whether titles labelled in such a way have a chance of returning). Their ongoing re-releases do seem to correspond with popular titles that people would be willing to double-dip on with new steelbook casing or complete sets.

Takei Daloui

Dandy Guy, in Space
the main series was Manga, not MVM, but seeing as Sword Oratorio was a nice release, I can't see MVM not doing a CE for season II
Let's hope they do something nice at least.

MVM only have Sword Oratoria and Season 2 so far. Season 1 and the movie belong to Manga. Licensing sure is a mess lol
Yep, that is a bit of a mess there. Usually you'd be expecting the licence would stick with one distributor as you'd think they have more brand recognition afterwards with that series for selling it. Odd seeing a split like this.

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
i'm guessing with BBFC we'll more than likely only get one of those versions
Technically the original versions can still make it. Beez Entertainment released SEED & SEED Destiny on DVD so those won't need BBFC re-rating if AL is able to do a SD Blu-ray release within the CEs. The HD Remaster version however, will need to be rated as there's new stuff and a new dub involved.

If we're talking how an AL release would work. My guess is a Deluxe Edition that includes the CE for SEED plus the original version on its own BD case & CE box (like what Escaflowne Ultimate Edition did but with an amaray case than a digipack).

Jaysgba

Death Scythe
ALs crap books in comparison to Nozomi 00 and Wing means yes im importing but I can’t see them releasing both versions
I think I’ll be importing this time around as well. Can’t trust AL to release all the content on this one, and there’s the risk that by the time they confirm details, the US release will be long gone.

Azar

Stand User
I thought people liked Seed but not Destiny?

IBO, Seed and Wing seem like 3 of the most popular ones yet people on here say they're trash etc Luckily I don't take much notice of you lot. ;)

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
00 I would say is big too.
IBO has good ideas and averages out to pretty good, Seed is a remake off 0079 really so isn’t bad or good but it’s silly and stupid moments and a certain moment makes me find it fun.
Wing is 90s shonen trash so I enjoy it,
After War is best AU though!!! Shame it’s sub only.