[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

I can't see these already posted here; Bandai have announced further releases in the U.C. Gundam Library series
item1.jpg
item1.jpg
item1.jpg
item1.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam (1979-80) - September 25th
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (2 parts) - November 26th
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (2 parts) - January 27th
Mobile Suit V Gundam (2 parts) - March 26th

Of note, this will presumably be the only English-friendly way to own 0079 with Episode 15 intact and Zeta with the original OP/ED.

If they’re listed as such I believe that means they’re OOS and OOP. Sentai have been doing re-releases quite a lot recently so some titles May re-emerge later on (see Beautiful Bones as an example). Premium Editions, on the other hand, I don’t think would be re-printed.
Sentai already let several mediocre series expire - espespecially, but not limited, to series without proper HD master or the lack of a dub. This affects a number of series that aired 2014 or earlier in Japan, as the typical contract covers 7 years.

Titles currently reprinted include both newer titles (where the license is still fine) and older but popular titles (where revenues justify renewal of contracts)

Sentai already let several mediocre series expire - espespecially, but not limited, to series without proper HD master or the lack of a dub. This affects a number of series that aired 2014 or earlier in Japan, as the typical contract covers 7 years.

Titles currently reprinted include both newer titles (where the license is still fine) and older but popular titles (where revenues justify renewal of contracts)
Makes sense (realise I misread your initial post as asking whether titles labelled in such a way have a chance of returning). Their ongoing re-releases do seem to correspond with popular titles that people would be willing to double-dip on with new steelbook casing or complete sets.

the main series was Manga, not MVM, but seeing as Sword Oratorio was a nice release, I can't see MVM not doing a CE for season II

Let's hope they do something nice at least.

MVM only have Sword Oratoria and Season 2 so far. Season 1 and the movie belong to Manga. Licensing sure is a mess lol

Yep, that is a bit of a mess there. Usually you'd be expecting the licence would stick with one distributor as you'd think they have more brand recognition afterwards with that series for selling it. Odd seeing a split like this.

i'm guessing with BBFC we'll more than likely only get one of those versions
Technically the original versions can still make it. Beez Entertainment released SEED & SEED Destiny on DVD so those won't need BBFC re-rating if AL is able to do a SD Blu-ray release within the CEs. The HD Remaster version however, will need to be rated as there's new stuff and a new dub involved.

If we're talking how an AL release would work. My guess is a Deluxe Edition that includes the CE for SEED plus the original version on its own BD case & CE box (like what Escaflowne Ultimate Edition did but with an amaray case than a digipack).

ALs crap books in comparison to Nozomi 00 and Wing means yes im importing but I can’t see them releasing both versions
I think I’ll be importing this time around as well. Can’t trust AL to release all the content on this one, and there’s the risk that by the time they confirm details, the US release will be long gone.

I thought people liked Seed but not Destiny?

IBO, Seed and Wing seem like 3 of the most popular ones yet people on here say they're trash etc Luckily I don't take much notice of you lot. ;)

00 I would say is big too.
IBO has good ideas and averages out to pretty good, Seed is a remake off 0079 really so isn’t bad or good but it’s silly and stupid moments and a certain moment makes me find it fun.
Wing is 90s shonen trash so I enjoy it,
After War is best AU though!!! Shame it’s sub only.

Nozomi are releasing more Galaxy angel on BD, with Galaxy Angel X being released on 3/11 (or 11/3 if you'd prefer)
this is the last of the completed US re releases on BD (Galaxy Angel Rune was never fully released as Bandai Visual dropped it after 3 vols of the 4))

Back