[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

What have they improved recently? Last year first half deffo improved then they failed... delays, putting films that were in cinemas CEs only, bad design choices. (And thats me being kind and avoiding the whole Sony thing), Also Penguin Highway in cinemas when this is a bigger concern each week as the JP BD is out in 15 days

And I thought I was the grumpy old curmudgeon in the anime forums, lol...

Grumpy+Old+Man.jpg

I take it The Doctor has never participated in any anime Kickstarters - he'd be pulling his hair out since they typically run 2 years over schedule, lol...

That was one I didn't particpate in - definitely not my kind of anime, lol...

I've participated in about a dozen anime Kickstarters so far, and some do stick pretty much to their initially planned schedule, but on average most tend to run anywhere from 1 1/2 - 3 years to complete, due to upgrades from stretch goals and just unexpectedly longer times to get each step in the process completed.

Time of Eve
Mai Mai Miracle
Bubblegum Crisis
Wakfu
Under the dog
Otaku no Video
Implosion: Zero Day
Vision of Escaflowne
Riding Bean
Skip Beat!
Aria
Gunsmith Cats
Emma a Victorian Romance

So why care so much about AL delays, then? :eek:

I just kind of ignore the Kickstarters once everything is set in place after the pledge period, and just keep tabs on each of them with their updates, which also get sent via email. I don't pay much attention again until they get close to shipping.

Sentai Filmworks have acquired KOKKOKU: Moment by Moment and will be released this April on Blu-ray with an English dub.

In addition DOREIKU will also be coming to Blu-ray (with its dub from the HIDIVE dubcast) and there are two re-releases - DanMachi Hot Springs OVA and the Gatchaman CE.

Princess Resurrection will also be released, as an SD on Blu-ray title.

Back