[Overseas] Anime Expo 2018 / 4th-8th July 2018 / News & Announcements

No Not yet
as ALs next film is Nov I doubt if they get it will be in cinemas 2018
Mirai no Mirai correct? It looks like that is about 4 months after Japan.
Pancreas is a September film in Japan, so yeah that would put in January if the same pattern was followed, if they pick it up.

Yeah Mirai of the Future Hosoda's film
Can't wait for that.
Seems there's been less films this year, even with the recap films they showed. I was hoping for the Eupho. films (Liz and the Blue Bird and the sequel film) to be picked up, but probably not as bigger show as the likes of AoT and Code Geass for them to go through the trouble with.

I assume pony can have worldwide of Liz and the blue bird is what stopped that
The mixed reception to other two Geass films probably stopped those

Just looking down the schedule and noticed this on Sunday:
- Goblin Slayer Q&A Panel with Author Kumo Kagyu | 1:00pm - 3:00pm | 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Seven Seas Entertainment Industry Panel | 1:30pm - 2:30pm | 9:30pm - 10:30pm
- Yen Press Industry Panel | 1:30pm - 2:30pm | 9:30pm - 10:30pm

That looks like rather bad planning - I imagine there are a lot of people who would want to go to all three of those.

I dont want to link the prices
$250 for GoS bloody hell
$70 for HF LE
$40 for SE
You do know that a forum ain't Twitter right?

Always have troubles to link abbreviations to real titles, and i guess i'm not the only one (i'm not that special you see :p) so for me GoS is actually in Dutch the name of the former Soviet Union when it fell apart and was known for a while as Commonwealth of Independent States.

So in short what is GoS, HF and SE ???

Some new announcements:

Aniplex of America
Aniplex of America have acquired the rights for the following upcoming anime titles:
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • The Promised Neverland
They also confirmed some domestic home video releases:
  • The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) BD-BOX - 11th September 2018
    Comes with all 8 major films across 8 Blu-ray discs in a rigid box and booklet. Basically the Japanese release in domestic form. This release will be Japanese audio with English & Japanese subtitles.
    BD-BOX SRP is $319.98 and Rightstuf price is $249.98.
  • Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] I.presage flower - 20th November 2018
    Standard & Limited Edition versions will be available on Blu-ray. The LE features the OST, Booklet and Animation Material. This release will be English & Japanese audio with English & Spanish subtitles.
    LE BD SRP is $79.98 and Rightstuf price is $69.98.
    SE BD SRP is $49.98 and Rightstuf price is $39.98.
Arc System Works x Trigger
The Kill la Kill game is now titled Kill la Kill the Game IF and will be released on PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2019.

Frontwing
The visual novel developer have announced that ISLAND will be coming to PC this Summer with an English translation for the west.

Some new announcements:

Funimation
Funimation have revealed a fair amount of titles for the October 2018 line-up:
  • Dragon Ball Super Part 5
  • Free! -Take Your Marks-
  • High Speed! -Free Starting Days-
  • Free! Movie Collection:
    • Includes Free! -Take Your Marks-, High Speed! -Free Starting Days- as well as the other two Free! films Timeless Medley: bond & promises exclusively with this set. Also included are artbooks and artcards.
  • Pop Team Epic
  • Dagashi Kashi Season 2
  • Monster Hunter Stories: Ride-On Season 1 Part 4
  • Nanbaka Part 2
  • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
  • Mamoru Hosoda Movie Collection:
    • Includes The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children and The Boy & The Beast in a digipack packaging.
  • Villion
    • Never before released and will be coming to home video for the first time in the US. Known in Japan as Akai Koudan Zillion, and it's a 31 episode series animated by Production I.G. From the director of Giovanni's Island.
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • Part of that ridiculously delayed Sunrise package deal.
They also confirmed other titles:
  • ReLIFE OVAs
  • SSSS. GRIDMAN
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2

I'm totally in for that Free! Film collection. I need to bite the bullet and get Funi's Iwatobi Swim Club release at some point, I honestly don't think AL will release it at this point.

I'm totally in for that Free! Film collection. I need to bite the bullet and get Funi's Iwatobi Swim Club release at some point, I honestly don't think AL will release it at this point.
I'm of the same mindset, having all the films in one collection is handy. As for S1 I agree it seems unlikely that Season 1 will make it over here.

AL would have gone after High Speed, Take Your Marks and now S3 them not being after any of those killed the hopes in my eyes of it ever coming

What I'm wondering is whether they'll pull a Future Diary and re-release ReLIFE In a set with the series and OVAs.

Witch Hunter Robin is a title I never got around to owning so I'm curious on that release.

Back