One Piece

Deidara said:
If you liked One Piece episodes 1-4 then you should really enjoy the rest of the series. It gets much better with the introductions to new characters and their abilities.
If you read the rest of the posts, youll see Im on 50+ 8) Im currently on 75, putting it oh hold for a little while, while I catch up on some other stuff.

I can't quite articulate how angry I felt when I foolishly watched fifty odd episodes of One Piece in English TRYING to understand why everyone seemed to enjoy it, and discovering, by watching one meagre episode of the Japanese version, that the English version had warped the series beyond recognition. Problem was, I just didn't have the strength to watch the Japanese episodes of what I'd already seen in English, hence, vital scenes of immence characterisation had to be ignored. I now have a vendetta against 4Kids; I just can't enjoy One Piece, no matter how much I wish to. :(

Uppa said:
I can't quite articulate how angry I felt when I foolishly watched fifty odd episodes of One Piece in English TRYING to understand why everyone seemed to enjoy it, and discovering, by watching one meagre episode of the Japanese version, that the English version had warped the series beyond recognition. Problem was, I just didn't have the strength to watch the Japanese episodes of what I'd already seen in English, hence, vital scenes of immence characterisation had to be ignored. I now have a vendetta against 4Kids; I just can't enjoy One Piece, no matter how much I wish to. :(
That is such a shame really, episode 50 of 4kids version is about episode 70 Japanese.

I think I have finally decided to catch up to the current fansubs now.

At the moment I'm on the third East Blue arc. Seems like fun. :D

Sorry for the Bump and such.

Just watched the latest episode (327). I thought I'd mention it here, Its the last One Piece anime in general thread on AUKN. Anyhow, I've been waiting for this Skeleton whom I always forget the name off to join the Strawhats. I bumped into the spoiler about him/her a while back and I'm unsure about his/her personality. I couldn't help myself from smiling when Luffy asked him/her to join and then followed by the great reactions by Nami and Sanji.

This arc is looking to be quite a good one, Something along the lines of the Chopper arc I think it might be (A recruiting nakama arc, with a story) I've heard it won't be that long, Around 30 episodes or something If I remember what I was told correctly.

So.. What do all of you make of the recent turn of events

P.S. The filler prior to this arc was pretty awesome as well. It shows that Oda helped with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The name of the skeleton is "Brooke" I personally used to think he sucked and some of the things he said were just down right retarded.... then I saw his past, and my opinion COMPLETELY changed. I'll just say this - Oda linked Brooke to something that happened in One Piece 280 episodes/360 chapters prior to where the series was at that point, so he clearly planned it all out from the start.

... I need to catch up on the One Piece manga, I have yet to finish the last arc.

That sounds very cool. I think Oda has plans for all 10 of Luffy's Nakama [Which he mentions that 10 would be a good number in the first episode]. And Thats right, Brooke. Even though they were calling him a he It was that name that made me think they had got it wrong and were calling him a male when he was in fact a female or something. Even if he doesn't look like one at all.

I can't wait to watch more now, You have tempted me to read the manga Lupus Inu. I shall resist the temptation and persist with the anime... For now.

i manage to catch up with this anime and it was definite;y worth it.... i laugh every episode of it... all the crew are fun to watch and it's like the anime will go as 500 plus episode coz it's like you don't want to end the fun... ^_^ yeah hopefully they complete the ten crew, i guess there will be a musician for sure coz it's been long time that luffy asked for it.... can't wait for the next arc.... love zoro all the way....^_^

i think it's really gonna be long fun story....

One piece is a fantastic anime but now i feel that it has started to go down hill. The characters have started to get pretty boring and im pretty much used to most of the things luffy does. Also the latest episodes i find to be really stupid and annoying i dont think that they should have done this sort of halloween part to the anime. But as a fan i still can not take myself away from this anime. I hope it just starts to get more intresting and soon.

I have a feeling this arc is just getting started. The manga off it is still going on so I imagine it has quite a lot too cover and I have seen some spoilers off the manga and they seriously look epic. Halloween Luffy.. Even if I know what is going to happen, Seeing it actually happen is hilarious. For example, The scene in the latest episode where Blind sighted Luffy just walks slowly and pushes the Zombie back in his grave Made me seriously laugh out loud.

I never watched the movies when I went through the course off watching the show - So I'm doing that currently. Also, I'm really tempted to read all the manga. I've only read the DBZ Cross-over which in obviously non-canonical and the first volume. And it is in a different order as to what the anime airs. Makes it more interesting that way. ;p

Anyway - This arc is going to be epic.. I just know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it does seem ****** now, it gets MUCH better as the arc goes into it's climax, trust me, guys. D:

I need to catch up on One Piece manga now, actually.

I do love what happens in this thriller bark arc.... I realized that as the series goes on, characters will not have their own fight anymore... I guess that's because you have too many characters now. =) One thing I've always wondered is, what happens to Bon Clay? He did save the straw hats from being arrested...

May I just add to the recommendation of One Piece. It's my favourite out of all anime. Mainly because of it's characters, fight scenes and alright sciene.

My brother has a problem with Luffy, mainly because of his childish behaviour and laugh. I'm not sure of him though. But that's just to note.

I've only seen up to the end of Baroque works, but it is an amazing anime, full of laughs, action and fun.

A year has almost gone by, and so has Thriller Bark. It's first climax has been done, and now for an really interesting development in the upcoming episodes.

Resident One Piece fanatics, thoughts on TB?

I don't think it's the best arc, at all. It was good throughout, but apart from some fun parts and annoying zombies. It wasn't the strongest.

In comparison, the following arc is God-like. It's so important, for everyone. Everything is pretty, and so much is happening - I can't wait to see it animated.

Back