One Piece

Xelis

Hunter
How good is this? I want another shonen show to watch along side Bleach, theres now over 300 episodes out for One Piece im just wondering if its worth bothering to start.

i've watched 210 episodes of one piece, and i think its really good. i prefer it to Naruto, mind you i haven't seen too much of it, and i don't fancy bleach much. BUt i would recommend One piece.

Arbalest said:
i've watched 210 episodes of one piece, and i think its really good. i prefer it to Naruto, mind you i haven't seen too much of it, and i don't fancy bleach much. BUt i would recommend One piece.

Naruto was too childish for me, One piece isnt that way is it?

Not really, a lot of people "hate" the art style though and assume it's really childish, when you get down to it, it's way better than anything Naruto wishes it was.

It quite different to Naruto and Bleach, which are more action-centric and well, fan pandering. The thing about One Piece is that it's just fun; there are more jokes, while the visuals and character designs are eccentric in comparison. It has some incredibly heart breaking drama and tragedy, and resonates more with the viewer because of the relationships shared by the characters.

It's essentially about a group of friends looking to embark on a great adventure; each have their own ambitions and dreams, and by moving forward with Luffy, they ultimately step closer to touching those dreams. It is often epic in scale, the Straw Hat's adventures take in entire countries, new races of people and even a floating land in the sky.

I really love One Piece. Whether or not you like it will depend on if you can take the very loose artistic style of art work (no hint of realism, it is a full-on cartoon) and the fact that Luffy is just so positive and happy. He is by far and away my favourite SJ lead character simply because he never stops smiling.

I pretty much knew I'd love One Piece based on the following image.

I really can't wait to get to the better animated ones. I'm loving watching there earlier ones; but apparently its in High Definition now and that means better clarity. and cos I'm a Visual buff i like good quality. And i have seen some of the newer Intros and the CG in them is really quite good.

But saying that the bigger picture still is the good olde storytelling

Spooky! I've just started to watch One Piece (the lure of anime and pirates was too much!)

This is actually the second attempt at watching it after initially being put off by the animation style (and also the whole rubber thing!) but I'm up to episode 6 and I'm enjoying it so far.

Could anyone tell me where the movies fit into the story? Should the first movie be after the Kuro arc (episode 18 )?

Last edited by a moderator:
One Piece is brilliant,
i highly recommend people to watch this. it's a great series.

the 4kids dub didn't help increase it's popularity, but trust me it's a brilliant anime.

boyinastairwell said:
Just finished episode 15! One Piece if officially my new favourite anime!

Im up to episode 14 and its great, still not quite as good as Bleach (for me) but Im sure once the crew is completed and the real journey begins the story will develop better.

Xelis said:
Just got to episode 50 and the series is getting stronger, I have to say I now like this over Bleach :shock:.

You havent seen nothing yet, keep on going the enies lobby arc is one of the best :D

If you liked One Piece episodes 1-4 then you should really enjoy the rest of the series. It gets much better with the introductions to new characters and their abilities.

Back