Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

The Wii looked like a disc drive lol i think the PS3 original is too bulky, the slim is alot better. When comparing the PS3 slim and the 360 slim, i'm still unsure which looks nicer but eitherway they are better looking than the Wii for me.

Personal preference though so its hit and miss for each person :)

Mutsumi said:
GRCC said:
Wii > PS3 > 360S > 360

Fixed.

The Wii, we agree, is a wonderful design. PS3 is sleek but large. 360S is alright. Original 360 is an unsightly grey mess with a glowing red ring.

In my total opinion, the Wii is a glorified door stop that plays games. It's potential is set for it's multi-player, motion sensor detection. As Ben Croshaw said the last thing I want to do is frail about franticly shaking my rhythm-stick when I want to relax at a game.

also related:
comicsigbytheforce1.gif

We are debating which of all the horribly designed consoles is the least horribly designed now?

My PSN name is theadlib if anyone wants to add me.

Started The Last of Us - very strong prologue/opening, really looking forward to playing through it. Has a sick Children of Men-cum-Eden: It's an Endless World! vibe to it, and some of the incidental animation and detail is excellent.

The Last Of Us, would you say someone who enjoys the Resident Evil games will like it? Also, is it a multiplayer game? Wanting to get it my little brother so he and I can spend more time together but want to make sure he'd like it and I can play it with him.

Someone who enjoys the older Resi games, yes perhaps. It has a lot of survival horror elements, but the nuts and bolts of the gameplay is more towards stealth than, say, the kind of simple puzzle solving that Resi mixes in.

It has multiplayer, but the main game is single player. I suspect you could enjoy the single player together, though.

Thanks for that :)

I'll add it to the list of what to buy him. He turns 13 end of this month so I want to enjoy time with him whilst I can before he no longer wants to hang out with his older sister lol. Dying to get him into anime since some of the games he has either has like anime cutscenes or just an anime look in general. He's not interested though :'( :p

No problem. I should probably do my public duty and point out that the game is 18 rated, though. ^^;

Hehehe don't worry, he's just like I was as a teen but back then for me it was the 18 rated Mortal Kombat games! lmao. If he finds it hard to handle, I can just sell it on. Perks of a playstation and all ;) :p haha.

Re: the last of us.
Yeah.... I'm 31 and those of you who've played that far will know how unnerving the 'winter' segment is in that game, more than any runner or clicker for me.

The violence in mortal kombat is very cartoony by comparison, in this game the facial expressions say more than a ripped out intestine :)

Hmmmm, maybe I will leave The Last Of Us for a while then like a year so by that team it's even cheap to play. Would you say Dead Space should be put on hold too? I don't believe thats a multiplayer though? What games would you "have" to like to enjoy Dead Space you reckon?

I kinda want to play Outlast but I think after the first play, the novelty would disappear and I would never play it again :p

^i'd say resident evil 4 for dead space cause the controls are very similar and it's over the shoulder shooting. I can't say the same about dead space 2/3 I#'ve never played em.

So which of you actually talk on PSN? Most adds I get are "high i'm looking for friends to add" and then 2 months down the line they've never even sent me a hello. Seriously, does the XMB scare people into only turning on their console and playing Call of Duty? Or are people too lazy to send a simple hello message?

I think you are expecting too much. People who know you over the internet are hardly going to choose to have casual conversation with you on PS3 when they could more easily do so via a forum, chatroom, whatever people use instead of MSN, etc. Also when you are on your console, you tend to be occupied, and not want to keep stopping what you are doing to read and reply to messages.

Received a brand new PS3 last week and it died yesterday...great quality Sony /clap :thumb:

If you think that isolated cases such as yours are a fair representation of quality as a whole, then perhaps you ought to consider the Amish lifestyle? XD

I've had one or two cases where my PS3 froze before the XMB dashboard showed up (it's a Slim 500GB for info sakes). Turns out that when I managed to connect to my accommodation's wifi through Internet Browser and automatically logging in to it somehow caused the system to freeze up. Should've known this the first time then I didn't need to select restart the PS3 system (and lose the save data to The Last of Us).

Anywho, in terms of online stuff I can't really play it as my wifi access point goes off and on from time to time therefore making online multiplayer and chat useless for now. Luckily PS+ and downloads work fine.

Back