Ofcom grants Turner 'Adult Swim' licence

Jayme said:
What are they again?
Adventure Time & Regular Show? They're shows on Cartoon Network. Definately worth watching IMO. Loads of 'Getting Crap Past the Radar' moments like in Animaniacs etc.

Also, TCM's listings are on Digiguide, but TCM2's aren't. Not gonna jump to any conclusions just yet....

Paradox295 said:
Jayme said:
What are they again?
Adventure Time & Regular Show? They're shows on Cartoon Network. Definately worth watching IMO. Loads of 'Getting Crap Past the Radar' moments like in Animaniacs etc.

Also, TCM's listings are on Digiguide, but TCM2's aren't. Not gonna jump to any conclusions just yet....

So what's the big deal about Adventure Time and Regular Show, from what I've heard AT sucks and I know nothing about RS

Invisible Crane said:
Paradox295 said:
Jayme said:
What are they again?

So what's the big deal about Adventure Time and Regular Show, from what I've heard AT sucks and I know nothing about RS
From whom?! :eek: I have heard nothing but positive stuff about AT. I have only seen the first 2 episodes so far, so I can't say much about the show personally.

Regular Show's pretty awesome aswell, I really recommend checking both of them out. I suppose the big deal is because they're the best shows to come out from CN in a long time

Paradox295 said:
Jayme said:
What are they again?

Never really quite understood why the haven't relaunched a TNT UK , to be honest......

J_C_X said:
Paradox295 said:
Jayme said:
What are they again?

Never really quite understood why the haven't relaunched a TNT UK , to be honest......
Same reason why they haven't launched TBS UK. Because most of TNT & TBS's shows are reruns of shows already picked up by other UK channels.

I honestly would be surprised if no UK channel picked up Falling Skies. It's made by Steven Freaking Spielberg, Syfy/FX/Sky Atlantic would be all over it.

Thingy. Tower Prep is meant to be pretty awesome stuff.

Re: Falling Skies, it will depend on the quality. Spielberg produces lots of TV, doesn't mean he's consistently involved; United States of Tara never made it over here. Syfy will likely get it. He's apparently involved in Terra Nova, but I doubt it very much. I find it interesting that Falling Skies gets brought up more on this anime forum than I ever see on any of the TV places I regular. It's... TNT. It's the network that shows Southland, and that's it*. (It's also interesting that that has a 10-ep order, whilst Dallas seemingly has only a pilot thus far).

*Who the **** cares about The Closer? No one!

Jayme said:
Thingy. Tower Prep is meant to be pretty awesome stuff.

Sky Atlantic would my choice to pick it up. I don't know TNT to commision a fair amount of their own stuff, like the Closer, Hawthorne, Without a Trace and obviously Falling Skies. It's probably just more profitable to sell their shows to UK broadcasters in the long run like HBO rather than launch a channel.

In another subject, I genuinely believe that Sky Atlantic will be rebranded to HBO (or Sky HBO) in some point in the future.

My main point is, before I forget, is that if TCM 2 ceases to broadcast, it makes an Adult Swim channel far more likely. For all intents in purposes Adult Swim US is a seperate channel and by my understanding is treated as such by Nielsen ratings system, it just shares space with CN as space is limited on basic cable.

J_C_X said:
My main point is, before I forget, is that if TCM 2 ceases to broadcast, it makes an Adult Swim channel far more likely. For all intents in purposes Adult Swim US is a seperate channel and by my understanding is treated as such by Nielsen ratings system, it just shares space with CN as space is limited on basic cable.
I personally see it more as a block on CN, since it's run by the same people.

But, yeah, I said it since the start, either closing TCM2 or cutting back CN's hours would make sense since showing AS would make much more money than either than them.

My number one priority would be having it on Virgin Media. Second would be a HD feed. Anything else, I'm not bothered with, I'd just be happy with something decent on :lol:

Only 40% of their programming, I believe, comes from HBO. Sky are developing their own programming for it, along with a [dead] showing airing now from CBS and plenty of other stuff like The X-Files and Battlestar, which the latter Sky owned the rights too anyway.

And, reallly... TNT, by and large, is such a forgotten network. It can get around 4 million on occasion, but critically, nobody cares.

Atlantic need to start showing Friday Night Lights.

Paradox295 said:
J_C_X said:

But, yeah, I said it since the start, either closing TCM2 or cutting back CN's hours would make sense since showing AS would make much more money than either than them.

My number one priority would be having it on Virgin Media. Second would be a HD feed. Anything else, I'm not bothered with, I'd just be happy with something decent on :lol:

Until we get official confirmation of TCM2 shutting down, I wouldn't be that optimistic of Adult Swim starting. It is unusual to plan out TCM schedule and not bothering with TCM2's would point to it's imminent closure.

There is something up at Turner no doubt about that.

J_C_X said:
Paradox295 said:
J_C_X said:

Until we get official confirmation of TCM2 shutting down, I wouldn't be that optimistic of Adult Swim starting. It is unusual to plan out TCM schedule and not bothering with TCM2's would point to it's imminent closure.

I'm not 100% sure that TCM2 is definately closing since last months TCM & TCM2 took a few days after CN. But this month, there's a TCM, but no TCM2.

I'm confident that it's now just a matter of weeks until Turner releases a new press release, since there's been a lot of behind the scenes things going on.

Paradox295 said:
J_C_X said:
Paradox295 said:
J_C_X said:

I'm not 100% sure that TCM2 is definately closing since last months TCM & TCM2 took a few days after CN. But this month, there's a TCM, but no TCM2.

I'm confident that it's now just a matter of weeks until Turner releases a new press release, since there's been a lot of behind the scenes things going on.

I don't think its a definite descision to shut down TCM2 yet, but all signs but to yes.

Do you know personally that there's stuff going on behind the scenes at Turner?

Jayme said:
Do you guys even think, if we would get an [as] channel for six months, that they would even show anime? I can't see it happening.

To be honest doubtful for series but wouldn't rule out the occasional movie or two. From what I've heard the rights are too expensive for little in return viewer wise.

Back