Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3

• Nintendo Wii

• Total voters
kupoartist said:
Rukario said:
Gears of War has amazing graphics, but the gameplay is stupid, hiding behind walls and crap, boring.
I thought hiding behind walls was already a staple of shooter gameplay? Or do people just playing all these games on easy and stand in the middle of a corridor firing wildly at opponents who do the same?

don't be silly, why else would they have wall hacks :)

kupoartist said:
Rukario said:
Gears of War has amazing graphics, but the gameplay is stupid, hiding behind walls and crap, boring.
I thought hiding behind walls was already a staple of shooter gameplay? Or do people just playing all these games on easy and stand in the middle of a corridor firing wildly at opponents who do the same?

I'M HIDING BEHIND A WALL AND SHOOTING AT YOU! Yeah, badass. It isn't hard to stand behind a wall and shoot someone with one hand randomly firing.

Rukario said:
kupoartist said:
Rukario said:

I'M HIDING BEHIND A WALL AND SHOOTING AT YOU! Yeah, badass. It isn't hard to stand behind a wall and shoot someone with one hand randomly firing.

obviously u've never tried to fire a AK47 with 1 hand, it vibrates so much, you wouldn't be doing anything with that hand for a while

Rukario said:
It isn't hard to stand behind a wall and shoot someone with one hand randomly firing.
It isn't hard to shoot things full stop, yet TPS and FPS make for some of the most exciting games on the market. I rather think you're missing the point, but when you cite FFXIII and MGS3 as both potentially "good games" I can see where our tastes divulge, and your opinion on "gameplay" is built on a solid base of "press X to continue!" hijinks.

kupoartist said:
Rukario said:
It isn't hard to stand behind a wall and shoot someone with one hand randomly firing.
It isn't hard to shoot things full stop, yet TPS and FPS make for some of the most exciting games on the market. I rather think you're missing the point, but when you cite FFXIII and MGS3 as both potentially "good games" I can see where our tastes divulge, and your opinion on "gameplay" is built on a solid base of "press X to continue!" hijinks.

while i do like RPG's nothing is more fun than running down corridors shooting ppl in the back :)

whoops here come the men in white coats again

Ryo Chan said:
Rukario said:
kupoartist said:
Rukario said:

obviously u've never tried to fire a AK47 with 1 hand, it vibrates so much, you wouldn't be doing anything with that hand for a while
Because we all know I was talking about a real-life situation?

@ Kupoartist: What, so storyline doesn't matter anymore? It seems that graphics are the main concern not gameplay, like Gears of War. I'll be pressing X while you're holding it down to shoot some randomer for no reason at all.

damn sony fanboys are everywhere.

and for the record about an earlier post, yes the ps3 is region free..........

as is the 360

it's up to the game deveoplers to decided whether to region lock the games

Disco Machine said:
Karmatwisted said:
I had to vote for PS3 for one reason, and one reason only:

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sim/armoredc ... 20core%204

I am a huge armored core fan and I dont have enough credits to buy a Wii as well, despite the fact I want one bad.
It's coming out on 360 too. ;)

I'm starting to get the impression that games series that were Sony exclusive are now gonna end up the Xbox 360, what makes me think the likes of the Jak And Daxter games, the Final Fantasy games, the Ratchet And Clank games are gonna be on Microsoft's console sooner or later

There is no Final Fantasy for the 360. Except XI but that was bad. Sony wouldnt let FF slip away from them to Microsoft, it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Voted Xbox, I had the old PS2/xbox/gamcube (and my brother and sister picked up a psp/DS resently so basically I own those too :p) and xbox was by far the best but the PS2 won due to its early release, gamecube speaks for itself.
So because xbox got the release this time I have to side with that, since the original xbox its picked up great titles and basically is a PS3 with the odd few games here and there and that little bit of extra power, at the end of the day it all depends on what odd games you really want (for me I want both, FF <3 and gears of war is mad).
But I chose xbox because of its early release and long running success with xbox live.
As for the Wii, it looks great, but it will only go so far, when it comes to the constient/hardcore.etc gamer the xbox/playstation will reign.

Xelis said:
There is no Final Fantasy for the 360. Except XI but that was bad. Sony wouldnt let FF slip away from them to Microsoft, it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.

maybe so but nintendo also have the rights to FF games, hence why they have the like of the crystal bearers being released on the wii and FFIII on the DS in the upcoming year. Microsoft may not have FF games like FFIII or XIII but they still are getting square-enix games, since they are looking for a more 'fairer' next gen war this time apparently.

Rukario said:
@ Kupoartist: What, so storyline doesn't matter anymore?
"Hi, my name is Tidus. I'm the lucid product of the thoughts of an ancient civilization and my dad is a big f*** off whale. Hence, i'm the wettest dream you'll ever have baby".

As this is the kind of thing that these days passes for quality, apparently not. Also, GoW is supposedly has quite a good storyline, but as neither of us have actually played the damned thing, what the hell do we know?
Rukario said:
It seems that graphics are the main concern not gameplay, like Gears of War.
Graphics are no less of a frivolous adornment to gameplay than Storyline, yet you put weight on that. As this is a thread about next-generation consoles, it seems short-sighted to do the old hoorah about "graphics not gameplay". The new hardware isn't facilitating new story telling possibilites and only the wii is showing a very slight genesis in gameplay (don't you find it strange that the only game to get a consistantly decent score is the game that uses the Wii-mote the least?) How then can you justify forking over £170+ on ANY machine if you "don't care about graphics?". Aside from going with an often voiced yet questionable opinion / falling for Nintendo's marketing rhetoric?
Rukario said:
I'll be pressing X while you're holding it down to shoot some randomer for no reason at all.
Left Mouse Button baby. Whilst circle strafing and jumping psychotically in the air trying to nail another headshot. Shooters actually require skill whilst RPGs just require a bottomless pit of time and patience.

Xelis said:
Everyone was saying the same thing about GTA, but the PS2 still survived when Xbox got it.

And GOW RULES by the way. ;)

Disco Machine said:
Xelis said:
Everyone was saying the same thing about GTA, but the PS2 still survived when Xbox got it.

And GOW RULES by the way. ;)

though saying that, theres not really been any GTA games since microsoft won the rights

just liberty stories

@ Kupoartist: What, so storyline doesn't matter anymore?[/quote]"Hi, my name is Tidus. I'm the lucid product of the thoughts of an ancient civilization and my dad is a big f*** off whale. Hence, i'm the wettest dream you'll ever have baby".

As this is the kind of thing that these days passes for quality, apparently not. Also, GoW is supposedly has quite a good storyline, but as neither of us have actually played the damned thing, what the hell do we know?

... why did you pick FF:X? Quite possibly one the worst of the series. ;[ I've played GoW and the storyline has been done before.

It seems that graphics are the main concern not gameplay, like Gears of War.
Graphics are no less of a frivolous adornment to gameplay than Storyline, yet you put weight on that. As this is a thread about next-generation consoles, it seems short-sighted to do the old hoorah about "graphics not gameplay". The new hardware isn't facilitating new story telling possibilites and only the wii is showing a very slight genesis in gameplay (don't you find it strange that the only game to get a consistantly decent score is the game that uses the Wii-mote the least?) How then can you justify forking over £170+ on ANY machine if you "don't care about graphics?". Aside from going with an often voiced yet questionable opinion / falling for Nintendo's marketing rhetoric?

Though storyline carries you through a game where graphics don't, unless you're playing some multi-player crap, then neither are really important. But if you're playing a single player game then you need something good to grip you in with. Although most of if not all Wii launch games aren't going to be great using the Wii remote, considering they've never used such technology to develop a game for before. I'll fork over my £170 if the games are actually worth getting [thus far there's like... two, I'll be honest.] Graphics and gameplay can be balanced out and I never said I don't care about graphics, I said that most developers are having higher regards with them than gameplay/storyline these days. ;/ Graphics aren't a big concern to me, yet we ALL know how Xbox 360s games are worthwhile and full of replay value goodness and are actually of worth, or better yet, FPS and their replay value... oh wait, they only have upgrade packages with "NEW FEATURES!?"

I'll be pressing X while you're holding it down to shoot some randomer for no reason at all.
Left Mouse Button baby. Whilst circle strafing and jumping psychotically in the air trying to nail another headshot. Shooters actually require skill whilst RPGs just require a bottomless pit of time and patience.

So running up to some guy shooting randomly with a desert eagle shouting "ARGH! Your mom!!" into a mic requires skill?

Ryo Chan said:
though saying that, theres not really been any GTA games since microsoft won the rights

just liberty stories

Microsoft didn't win no Rights, they do not own the GTA Franchise, infact TakeTwo/RockStar reps have stated that a New GTA is in the Works for both the PS3 and 360 however the 360's version will be out first.

Also Vice City Stores which was just released last month here.

While it's way to early to call winner in the console wars (to be honest I think that all companies will survive, but Microsoft and Nintendo will take a larger chunk of Sony's market share evening things out) the PS3 launch hasn't exactly been inspiring from the current market leader, the games have had crappy reviews (for the most part) and the fact that it sold out in record time is kinda easy when they only had a handful of units to sell in the first place, in terms of units sold the Wii launch has already been massively more succesful.

It's like "Buahaha, my console sold out faster than yours, ITS BETTER!!!", well it isn't if you only sell five ;)

Rukario said:
... why did you pick FF:X? Quite possibly one the worst of the series. ;[
Excuses excuses. Most of the FF games have ridiculous plot points anyway. The point is that FFX is among the last three games actually released in Europe for PS2 (FFX-2 and FFXI), and all three of them have an awful/absence of storyline, mickey mouse gameplay yet cutting edge graphics. And they sold in their millions and recieved favourable to extactic reviews.
Rukario said:
So running up to some guy shooting randomly with a desert eagle shouting "ARGH! Your mom!!" into a mic requires skill?
Funny enough, no. Running up to some guy whilst holding a desert eagle and actually intending to hit him does.

And considering that you call multiplayer "crap", i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you're a poor shooter player, bitter over the fact that you get absolutely whomped online. The old "he's better than me so he must be using an aim-bot" reaction that denies there's anything more than luck to games that require skill, that so many poor losers display over the internet.

Back