• Playstation 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xelis

Hunter

Who will win?

My money's on PS3 once they build a few more.
Not forgetting the 360 has been out about a year now.
Also the Wii will flood the market soon with 400,000 launched in Japan alone.

Considering that the 360 should've been developed for another year and the games are just... graphics, like Gears of War. PS3 will be defunct and... this
Nintendo will sell out, fast most likely, 360 ain't selling in Japan for lack of RPGs and PS3 doesn't have any good launch games and will suffer problems the same as 360, Wii wins this, soon. =O

It hinges on the next wave of games. If Nintendo can keep games that fully utilise the Wii's controller coming, rather than have it die away as a gimic (like the GBA Gamecube connector) then it could stand a chance at keeping it's momentum going.

After the initial rush I can't see the PS3 gathering much steam as the software release for the near future is looking average at best. I'd expect sales to pick up again by the release of MGS4 and it's up to sony to make sure the market is stocked at that point.

The 360 has had a massive headstart but could easily fall into the backgorund with the launch of the other two so close together freshening up the market.

So, I don't know ^^

Everyone. They'll all turn a profit, they'll all be supported by a core of dire hard fans, they'll all have numerous "must have" titles and their wildly varying target audiences will be individually fulfilled. Just like the last generation, but on an even more equal footing. I think the next next generation will be the one to make or break companies.

PS3. EVERYONE I know who plays games wants one.

I think the Wii will come in last. Everyone was optimistic about the GameCube (and that didn't have lame-o motion sensor to annoy people)...and look how awesomely the GC did.

It's 360 for me though.

Wii i can't see not having many good games once the rush is over

Xbox 360 v ps3 i'd say but my money is on ps3 once the prices are down a bit and some good titles are released.

PS3, Sony will kill the competition simply by having the best games which is exactly what the console wars are about, its no good having a stunningly powerful console if your games are all graphics or gimmick with no play in them.

McIcy said:
PS3, Sony will kill the competition simply by having the best games which is exactly what the console wars are about, its no good having a stunningly powerful console if your games are all graphics or gimmick with no play in them.

except for the fact that 85% of the games that come out on the PS3 will be multi format and be out on the 360/wii/DS/PC

Good games PS3 will have: MGS4... FF:XIII. That is all, oh and Gears of War has amazing graphics, but the gameplay is stupid, hiding behind walls and crap, boring.

EDIT: I've actually come into contact with a real Japanese PS3 today, PS3 is one big piece of black stuff and I mean big as in hefty.

Rukario said:
Good games PS3 will have: MGS4... FF:XIII. That is all, oh and Gears of War has amazing graphics, but the gameplay is stupid, hiding behind walls and crap, boring.

EDIT: I've actually come into contact with a real Japanese PS3 today, PS3 is one big piece of black stuff and I mean big as in hefty.

ummmm 360 will have FFXIII aswell seeing how microsoft own the rights to the game

Ryo Chan said:
Rukario said:

ummmm 360 will have FFXIII aswell seeing how microsoft own the rights to the game

i've not seen that mentioned anywhere i've looked :? they have the rights to FFXI and project Sylpheed but not FFXIII and FF versus XIII.

Rukario said:
Gears of War has amazing graphics, but the gameplay is stupid, hiding behind walls and crap, boring.
I thought hiding behind walls was already a staple of shooter gameplay? Or do people just playing all these games on easy and stand in the middle of a corridor firing wildly at opponents who do the same?

Back