Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3

• Nintendo Wii

• Total voters
Ryo Chan said:
any news on if it's region free or not?

As I understand it, the games will be region-free for PS3, but the Blu-Ray movies won't. :)

As for who will win... I'm not sure what 'win' actually means in this context. Most consoles shipped? Most games shipped? Most games per console?

Pesonally, i will be getting a PS3 (for GT and FF plus a BR player and PSP incest) and Wii (for Zelda and Mario) - but not a 360. I never once played a decent game on the original xbox and, if I am honest, I am loath to buy anything Microsoft. :p

Arbalest said:
Xelis said:
There is no Final Fantasy for the 360. Except XI but that was bad. Sony wouldnt let FF slip away from them to Microsoft, it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.

maybe so but nintendo also have the rights to FF games, hence why they have the like of the crystal bearers being released on the wii and FFIII on the DS in the upcoming year. Microsoft may not have FF games like FFIII or XIII but they still are getting square-enix games, since they are looking for a more 'fairer' next gen war this time apparently.

What I ment was, they wouldnt let Microsoft get the main series line, Nintendo have pretty much a spin-off series for the GC and Wii and are getting updated older FF games for the DS.

Also I think the Wii may nick this one because its basically the 'side-kick' console, its either PS3 and Wii or 360 and Wii, Therefor selling twice as many.

I haven't voted because I don't understand or recognize the term. The 'wars' have been around since the year dot, I still remember such talk from the commodore 64 and spectrum years, but all I did then was load Magicland Dizzy or the latest Your Sinclair covertape and play some games.

If we're talking how each console is going to do, then I think the three will do fine in their own rights - no DC divebombs in this generation.

The Wii has homeland popularity and the Nintendo back-catalog of franchises, but will probably have much smaller third-party support (GC revisited). Here, it's cheap and is getting released for chrimbo, it'll shift units regardless. Nintendo's going nowhere.

The 360 will build upon what the Xbox (appeared to be doing), gathering Western developers and concentrating on Western gaming tastes whilst garnering a lot of third party support and getting some Japanese games - more Japanese games this time round.

The PS3 will start off slow, till little Johnny and Jessica can sell their kidneys on the black market and buy one. It'll launch in March since Euro-gamers are turds (apparently) who are less important than Japanese or American gamers, when many are still recovering from Christmas. With a small starting catalogue of games, it's going to be an expensive luxury. PS2 games will continue to be released to cover the overlap. Christmas 2007, it'll shift some units and start its inevitable crawl upwards in terms of sales and games released. Eventually the price will fall and the pace will quicken.

Which leads us into the same position we're now in, but possibly with the Wii outperforming the GC and the 360 wooing more fans of Japanese games, stealing a small amount of Sony's thunder.

Hopefully publishers like D3, 505 GameStreet and Koei will continue to service us brits with niche-market gubbins, signs are they will, in which case I'll personally be holding out for the console with the most releases.

Gallus Glee said:
I haven't voted because I don't understand or recognize the term. The 'wars' have been around since the year dot, I still remember such talk from the commodore 64 and spectrum years, but all I did then was load Magicland Dizzy or the latest Your Sinclair covertape and play some games..

Get off the fence and have a vote lol :lol:

Very well.

I think the ZX Spectrum was the best, though the graphics were not as 'solid' as the commodore 64, the games seemed more numerous and even when different versions of the same game came out, I preferred the speccy versions (from as much as I could gather by playing certain C64 games in comparison).

The C64 had more good music, but the speccy still had some choice tunes (like on Auf Wiedersehen Monty).

Gallus Glee said:
Very well.

I think the ZX Spectrum was the best, though the graphics were not as 'solid' as the commodore 64, the games seemed more numerous and even when different versions of the same game came out, I preferred the speccy versions (from as much as I could gather by playing certain C64 games in comparison).

The C64 had more good music, but the speccy still had some choice tunes (like on Auf Wiedersehen Monty).
Zing, Zing, and Zing again!

Back