Naruto

Come on man, its naruto... his dad could teleport and he has 16-17 years of Kurama's chakra thats just been piling up over time to do all this.

*jazz hands*

magic.

Okay so we've learnt alittle bit about the prophecy that the tailed beasts where told about by the sage of the six paths but whats actually happened?

By the looks of it they where all eaten, but the closing messages says naruto has been entrusted with their souls so whats actually gone on? Are we meant to believe that the tailed beasts are now in naruto or the statue? will there be some sort of power rangers moment and they all combine to become something new and fight the statue and tobi?

Or are they now at rest and waiting for naruto to break them free from the statue? it hinted that they will be together again in the body of the prophet child they now know to be naruto and they will not be the same as they currently are... can we expect them to all change in appearance or did that mean mentally?

Closing note.... baby tailed beasts lol. cute i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice emotional build up chapter but in light of everything else that's been brought to the table over the past few weeks, nothing really happened this chapter. Chances are that we will get another stop gap next week too (highly likely to be sasuke's team and what they've been upto in the meantime, otherwise the other likely storyline it will pick up with is the kage's fight, returning to the main naruto fight in the next few weeks)

Anyone else up to date with the story?

I don't know if its because i took a 9 week gap out of the manga or what but i'm really confused right now.

First of all sasuke hates itachi, then the village is blamed for itachi's killfest. now itachi himself was told by danzou to choose the village or lose his brother, so now...... sasuke in his right mind would hate his brother for lying again and pretty much the whole middle bit about it being the villages fault is actually B.S and it was what it was on face value: Danzou, Itachi and Tobi's fault.

What a mick take, just stick with the story not confuse it!!!

So we now know who Tobi's real identity is, it's Obito

Thought that would a bit obvious?

BDT87 said:
So we now know who Tobi's real identity is, it's Obito

Thought that would a bit obvious?

Although I don't rally to NARUTO's defence most of the time, I really do feel that Kishimoto did a good job of shaking some parts of his readership off the scent of Tobi's identity.
Making Tobi masquerade as Madara and introducing characters such as Kagami and Izuna did exactly what I guess Kishimoto intended; a good chunk of us did think that those two would be more likely candidates, and some were ready to argue to that effect. And--for a time--we even took as a given that Tobi was Madara, at least until the real Madara was brought to light--that really did give us reason to lose faith in the idea that he was Obito. Admittedly, there were those that were totally bonded to the idea that Obito was his real identity--but I do commend Kishimoto for instilling some considerable doubt and keeping the mystique alive. I do think he deserves that honour, and I was happy with this chapter as a result.

After the identity has been revealed, I actually can't wait to see chapter 600
Any thought's what might happen.
It's all going to turn to Kakashi.

Chapter 600

So Obito came back because Kakashi didn't full fill his promise protecting Rin. And at the end of the chapter Madara appeared by Obito.

Kishimoto really sucks with hiding things. The identity of Naruto's father and Tobi were guessed by fans years ago. Never tell him about a surprise birthday party, because he'll spoil it...a whole year before.

I just hope we y'know, actually find out what happened to Rin. I was really pissed off that Naruto distracted him from that. Also, I assume that means the Five Kage were defeated?

Chapter 602 just asks further questions. Not much happened just a lot of talking about what happened to Obito when he got crushed under the rock.

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
Kishimoto really sucks with hiding things. The identity of Naruto's father and Tobi were guessed by fans years ago. Never tell him about a surprise birthday party, because he'll spoil it...a whole year before.

I just hope we y'know, actually find out what happened to Rin. I was really pissed off that Naruto distracted him from that. Also, I assume that means the Five Kage were defeated?

I actually laughed when it cut to the aftermath of the battle. In my opinion, they deserved it. Of course, no doubt it's only to make Naruto look stronger when he wins single handedly.

Also, did anyone notice how Obito has already become the "sympathetic" villain, just like almost every other big bad in Naruto to date. Duh, sure feels like Kishimoto is keeping things fresh. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without making young Obito come off as grating as Naruto. With his belief that he can help his friends because he is alive. Ignoring that fact that he is fully aware that half his body was crushed under rocks and as far as he knew, he had just accepted himself, that he was dying. Surely no-one is that thick...
I preffered Obito being a heartless, calculating villain who shows little actual emotion. Now he's a Naruto Beta who will be defeated by Talk no Jutsu.

Todays chapter was nothing special but it explains how Obito's crushed body was done/healed. Next week chapter seems it will show how Rin diedand all that which we all want to know what happened.
Hope the outcome is a good one.

Added some spoiler tags there.

Anyway, hang on, I'm sure there will be another flashback to explain why Madara turned evil as well!

I am more and more convinced that the only true villain in Naruto was Orochimaru. Every other villain has just shown to be a tsundere.....

Chapter 604

Kakashi killed Rin?

Did you have a hunch? Because I sure didn't

I'm guessing that the next big reveal will be that Obito totally took that situation the wrong way and that as a result of their struggle, Kakashi was forced to kill Rin and that her tears were actually of relief, as opposed to shock.

I'd go with Joshawott explanation.
Honestly, I'd expected something like that to make Obito change sides.

If Kakashi obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan when Rin died shortly after Obito's death then how come at the start of Shippuden, Kakashi referred to the Mangekyo Sharingan as a "new" Sharingan?

Joshawott said:
If Kakashi obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan when Rin died shortly after Obito's death then how come at the start of Shippuden, Kakashi referred to the Mangekyo Sharingan as a "new" Sharingan?

just cause he got it then, doesn't mean he had learnt it. maybe it took him till the start of shippuden to activly enable it.

Ryo Chan said:
Joshawott said:

just cause he got it then, doesn't mean he had learnt it. maybe it took him till the start of shippuden to activly enable it.
Sure,bit could be possible that Kakashi attributed his collapsing to regular Sharingan use due to the eye only being transplanted shortly before the incident but I can't really see how Kakashi would have been able to live through half of his life, most likely facing many near death experiences and not have any clue about it.

He outright referred to it as "new" though (Volume 32 page 88) and as soon as he used it against Deidara he thought "I can't properly control the position and size of the barrier space" (Volume 31 Page 96). I'm guessing that Kishimoto had a different explanation, but later chose to revise it to the one we have now.

In regards to Rin though, when he fell to Pain, his last thoughts were of how he couldn't protect Obito or Rin. Considering the events in Kakashi Gaiden, I also doubt that he would kill her to keep confidential information confidential or something like that, so I will be very interested to hear Kakashi's explanation.

Back