UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Even then, the sheer amount of manga isn't there. I remember going there before Covid and there would be a few places for it, each with big selections. It was fantastic, as I could easily look for not merely volume 1 but later volumes that are the ones I typically do need, or even get a few series in bulk.

@MVM is there any fixed disk2 of “The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat” available?

I‘ve added to the “Defective discs” entry of this title (see quote below): I don’t think the startup loop is a major thing (as it’s skippable), but the second issues with the subs are a bit less minor.
…and on PS3, and on Xb1X, and stand-alone Toshiba player for me too (as well as the aforementioned PS4). Endlessly loops, but at least navigating to a menu works.

And this disc2 also seems to have a bit of a mess up with the subtitles of the special features; they’re missing from the second ep of the BBS, while the sixth repeats the subs from the first.

@MVM is there any fixed disk2 of “The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat” available?

I‘ve added to the “Defective discs” entry of this title (see quote below): I don’t think the startup loop is a major thing (as it’s skippable), but the second issues with the subs are a bit less minor.
Sorry to hear of this. We've not had any reports or found to be getting mass returns sent back so it may just be the odd issue. As it's not affecting majority and been out since February there's no plans for a fixed disc.

Is this still the Early Bird price for Aria s3 or did I miss it?:

It feels like regular price and looking at my orders is more expensive than the parts for s2.
Wanted to actually watch s2 before deciding whether to continue buying them, but this came up quicker than I expected.

It feels like regular price and looking at my orders is more expensive than the parts for s2.
Wanted to actually watch s2 before deciding whether to continue buying them, but this came up quicker than I expected.

I think it's a bit more expensive cuz it has a significantly longer runtime than the other parts? That is the EB price :)

Based on the description it is the same as the Nozomi release, therefore it contains 5 Blu-ray discs with the contents:
Season 3: 14 episodes.
Aria the Arietta 30 minute OVA
Aria the Avvenire: 3 episode series
There's also the picture dramas, commentary and Satojun's behind the scenes Venice videos.

I would imagine the Deal of the Week and other deals will end soon so they can prepare for the 25 days of Christmas deal.

By the way to the MVM representative, are you going to bring back the MVM Mystery Boxes or is that now permenantly gone?

5 Blu-ray
So more content than each of the s2 parts and thus a bit more expensive?
It's not like it's a CE or UE, so I'll probably wait for it to go on sale. S1 wasn't my favourite thing ever, but s2 was adapted by Mari Okada so I thought I'd give it a shot. But s3 is rated the highest of the franchise on MAL so I was torn.

I would imagine the Deal of the Week and other deals will end soon so they can prepare for the 25 days of Christmas deal.
They typically keep the dotw offers running right up their xmas sale, and I don't think they usually announce much new stuff during the sale unlike AL, so more early birds are entirely possible between now and then.

So more content than each of the s2 parts and thus a bit more expensive?
It's not like it's a CE or UE, so I'll probably wait for it to go on sale. S1 wasn't my favourite thing ever, but s2 was adapted by Mari Okada so I thought I'd give it a shot. But s3 is rated the highest of the franchise on MAL so I was torn.
Season 3 has always been a bit more expensive than the previous releases on rightstuf too, fwiw.

By the way to the MVM representative, are you going to bring back the MVM Mystery Boxes or is that now permenantly gone?
My poor wallet getting ready for the Christmas sales... One pile for MVM, one pile for AL & the 3rd in case Zavvi/HMV do a sale on CR/Fumi titles 🙂
kikis-delivery-service-anime.gif

Unless something unexpectedly awesome get's announced for the Christmas sale I am unlikely to be spending much this year if at all. I have a big enough backlog and there are other things taking my attention that have been announced today.

We're now up to date with our Early Bird deals. We've got a few titles awaiting confirmation and to sign off on.

DotW will most likely to continue during Christmas.

Regarding 12 days of Christmas sale we're unsure atm as we've naturally had a clearance sale running most of the year. We will most likely do an Early Bird repeat of this year's releases so far, as well as a box set sale.

We're also looking at possibly doing mystery bundles for the Christmas sale. More news naturally nearer the time.

Some recent Sentai releases I'd like to see brought over would be Carole & Tuesday, Rent-A-Girlfriend and My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! hopefully either MVM or AL will release them as it could go either way, hoping at least one of these are announced over the Christmas period.

Back