UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Yeah Netflix are pretty bad when it comes to physical but at least they're not as bad as Prime snapping up licenses and throwing them in a cupboard until someone remembers about it in a few years and goes after the license cough REcreators cough Inuyashiki cough 🙃
Think Re:CREATORS and Inuyashiki are a different case to the usual series that get picked up by Sentai as Aniplex is on the committee for both (and a few others like Banana Fish and Saekano Season 2).

If Aniplex of America doesn't want to give them the usual release it'd be nice if Funimation could give them a more standard release if possible.

Still waiting for Sentai to license Kemurikusa (and Studio Irodori's other works).

How are Crunchyroll generally? Approaching 4 years on from the TV debut of 2 of the best shows of 2018 and still no news of a Western release for either! A Place Further Than the Universe started 2nd Jan and Yuru Camp started on the 4th.

I quickly checked RightStuf, and Sentai's BD release of Dog & Scissors is out of print, so I don't know if that affects anything regarding MVM's plans to release it (I know MVM used discs from out of print US releases before, e.g. The Skull Man).

Nope, mine shipped on the 7th but I still haven't received it yet.
I emailed mvm shortly after but because of Christmas holidays they didn't reply until 4th Jan. They shared Royal Mail tracking, which showed delivery attempted but not answered, so sitting at Royal Mail. No card left either.

Because it had been sitting there for 2 weeks until I was aware I couldn't reschedule another delivery. So I'm waiting for it to be sent back to mvm, & they confirmed they can send it again.

Have you emailed mvm? I bet the exact same thing has happened to you too.

I emailed mvm shortly after but because of Christmas holidays they didn't reply until 4th Jan. They shared Royal Mail tracking, which showed delivery attempted but not answered, so sitting at Royal Mail. No card left either.

Because it had been sitting there for 2 weeks until I was aware I couldn't reschedule another delivery. So I'm waiting for it to be sent back to mvm, & they confirmed they can send it again.

Have you emailed mvm? I bet the exact same thing has happened to you too.

It's worse for me because I'm intl so I have no idea if it's stuck in UK customs or just sitting at Royal Mail. When I emailed MVM, all they stated was that there were delays, especially in intl shipping, because of the holiday season and covid and to give it more time.

The tracking they gave doesn't give any information on Royal Mail (Tracking information is not available for this service) and on the USPS side, it just shows label created but no update from the shipper (Royal Mail), which means it hasn't even left the UK yet.

Just an incredibly frustrating time all around, especially since I've already received all of my orders from Alltheanime, which were shipped around the same time frame or later.

How long Dos the MVM coupon Run For ?

i already ordered
F91 and Death parade ...

the other stuff like black lagoon i ordered via AL in the xmas sales .....

It's worse for me because I'm intl so I have no idea if it's stuck in UK customs or just sitting at Royal Mail. When I emailed MVM, all they stated was that there were delays, especially in intl shipping, because of the holiday season and covid and to give it more time.

The tracking they gave doesn't give any information on Royal Mail (Tracking information is not available for this service) and on the USPS side, it just shows label created but no update from the shipper (Royal Mail), which means it hasn't even left the UK yet.

Just an incredibly frustrating time all around, especially since I've already received all of my orders from Alltheanime, which were shipped around the same time frame or later.
Were the alltheanime orders using the same delivery company as mvm?

Because you're intl there's still a chance that it's only been delayed. Do you have to wait long until mvm will send again?

Yeah I bet, very frustrating.

Were the alltheanime orders using the same delivery company as mvm?

Because you're intl there's still a chance that it's only been delayed. Do you have to wait long until mvm will send again?

Yeah I bet, very frustrating.

One of them was Royal Mail, same as what MVM were using. The other two were Fedex.

I haven't asked MVM yet about sending it again, I'll probably wait till the end of January until asking about a replacement, since it very well could just be a delay instead of lost.

Picked up Is The Order A Rabbit? season one from the MVM sale (after a favourable mention by someone in the Viewing Journal), but season 2 was sold out. Luckily HMV has season 2 as part of its 30% off sale.

I really need to stop noticing these bargains. Then again, I can't spend all my money on travel at the moment, can I?

Back