UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Sentai and Kazé France were given the uncut version as seen on Prime Video with post-processing in photosensitive content. You can see dimming in this Sentai dub clip on 00:11

Anyone in any of those Compneys going to Fix this nonsense ?

Dr phil ?

i aussme the Madman release(?) will be the Same since senti has the rights Here i believe.....

Without going into the whole sub vs dub thing, I wish they'd have dubbed this with proper regional accents, imagine the Vikings being voiced by Scandinavians, and the English people by people from the UK.

Would certainly add some historical authenticity to the voices :)

Without going into the whole sub vs dub thing, I wish they'd have dubbed this with proper regional accents, imagine the Vikings being voiced by Scandinavians, and the English people by people from the UK.

As Cool as that would Be YOU want a 3rd Dub ? :p

As Cool as that would Be YOU want a 3rd Dub ? :p
Somehow that Netflix dub is still in Japan.... if that second season isn't with Netflix, I do wonder what the point of it was...

Anyway, i'm certainly interested as, bizarre dub situation aside (willing to be lenient on it as seemingly nobody knew that two were being made simultaneously so if the, imo, seemingly inferior Sentai one exists here, that's fine), I would like to own it. appreciate the insight about which version this is however (this being the uncut streaming version).

Last edited:
Somehow that Netflix one is still in Japan.... if that second season isn't with Netflix, I do wonder what the point of it was...

Anyway, i'm certainly interested as, bizarre dub situation aside (willing to be lenient on it as seemingly nobody knew that two were being made simultaneously so if the, imo, seemingly inferior Sentai one exists here, that's fine), I would to like to own it. appreciate the insight about which version this is however.

Considering Senti Bought Worldwide( not quite But most English places) i would Say your Getting the senti Dub..........

Somehow that Netflix one is still in Japan.... if that second season isn't with Netflix, I do wonder what the point of it was...

Anyway, i'm certainly interested as, bizarre dub situation aside (willing to be lenient on it as seemingly nobody knew that two were being made simultaneously so if the, imo, seemingly inferior Sentai one exists here, that's fine), I would to like to own it. appreciate the insight about which version this is however.
I'd completely forgot Netflix was doing a dub for Vinland Saga! Pretty much confirming they've got season two and as soon as Prime's license ends I'm sure they'll snap up season one worldwide.

BUT... and this is the kicker isn't it.
I'll 100% get MVM's release but with Netflix creeping in I'd say we're in for a hell of a long wait before season two sees a physical release.

I wanted a dub that was even more authentic than that with Old Norse, Old English and French (and Welsh). Never going to happen unfortunately. Unless I win the lottery and give MVM a shed load of money to author their own discs and put their own dub(s) on it!

I'd completely forgot Netflix was doing a dub for Vinland Saga! Pretty much confirming they've got season two and as soon as Prime's license ends I'm sure they'll snap up season one worldwide.
Season 2 might be a while. I think I read a rumour that Netflix may take over the franchise from Season 2 onwards, which also fits with the whole Netflix dubbing for Season 1 that's available on their service.

Sentai can still get it and dub it as per usual, but it'll probably take longer than expected.

Season 2 might be a while. I think I read a rumour that Netflix may take over the franchise from Season 2 onwards, which also fits with the whole Netflix dubbing for Season 1 that's available on their service.

Sentai can still get it and dub it as per usual, but it'll probably take longer than expected.
Yeah pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Guess we just have to hope Netflix didn't/don't get physical rights bundled.

There have been a few exceptions, but generally it's been a 3-year window between Netflix airings of an anime, and them allowing a home video release. That is so ridiculous. By the time we can buy it on Blu-ray, interest in the series has waned quite a bit.

There have been a few exceptions, but generally it's been a 3-year window between Netflix airings of an anime, and them allowing a home video release. That is so ridiculous. By the time we can buy it on Blu-ray, interest in the series has waned quite a bit.
Yeah Netflix are pretty bad when it comes to physical but at least they're not as bad as Prime snapping up licenses and throwing them in a cupboard until someone remembers about it in a few years and goes after the license cough REcreators cough Inuyashiki cough 🙃

Back