UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

It's worth getting a credit card, solely for the bigger purchases (above £100) as you get more protection in case things go wrong. Then train yourself to pay the card off straight after receiving the statement

I just called my cc provider (amex) and set it to be full payments each month by direct debit, much easier than having to make manual payments.

Set the statement and collection date to somewhere around the 5th of the month so I can add stuff that will only need paying after pay day.

Works really well and no interest fees. 1% cashback after I've spent a few £k on it in a year as a bonus.

It's definitely worth it once you get the right mindset. Having it set to always pay out the moment it reaches the date of the month that is set for will train you to consider it as money you have rather than money you're borrowing. If it's always paid back, then you can quickly learn your own limits on it when you balance it with other costs. Plus as people said, there is protection on larger purchases so it's quite good there.

It was a close thing... Even with the 20% discount, several Manga pre-orders are cheaper at UP1. But there is postage and packing, which MVM include in the price. If I'd bundled my order and waited till the end of March, I would have been 30p better off at UP1, but getting each title as it's released costs me about 70p more than MVM. Quite frankly I need my Fruits Basket fix!

It was a close thing... Even with the 20% discount, several Manga pre-orders are cheaper at UP1. But there is postage and packing, which MVM include in the price. If I'd bundled my order and waited till the end of March, I would have been 30p better off at UP1, but getting each title as it's released costs me about 70p more than MVM. Quite frankly I need my Fruits Basket fix!
Yeah it's an interesting look. Not only do we have UP1's prices being the better choice for non-pre-orders, there's also Zavvi's 40% off sale which is much better for select older releases. That being said, I believe this sale is probably the better choice for those who live outside the UK for Manga titles.

I ended up going for Owarimonogatari Parts 1 and 2, Tsukimonogatari and No Game No Life: Zero.

It's a shame that the situation with Aniplex is stalling Owari Part 3, Zoku Owari and Koyomi, amongst other Aniplex titles (including Dreaming Girl). I just hope that the Funiplex partnership doesn't prevent MVM from releasing them at all, considering that Manga's releasing Mugen Train instead of Anime Limited.

Anyone had this difficulty placing an order on Anime-on-line? When I get to the end of the debit card payment process, there are two buttons that can be clicked. One is "Pay with Worldpay", and the other is "Order now".

The "Order now" button just seems to be a dead link that only dims the button, and the "Pay with Worldpay" button generates a message that says "Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed with this cart". 😕
I tried it twice.

Any ideas?

Ah, I don't have a PayPal account, so... 🤷‍♂️

I'll try again tomorrow and see.

I don't have an account either, but I always pay through Paypal. You can use Paypal as a guest on many sites, and just put your debit card details in there and Paypal pays the retailer on your behalf. You don't need an Paypal account to buy with MVM.

Ah I remember that one, it's a pretty fun CGDCT focused on an extremely niche sport of laser target shooting. Your average viewer will give it 6/10, but it may be higher for you if you enjoy anime of cute girls stereotypes doing somewhat mundane things.

It had a pretty low score on MAL, 5,5 or something like that. Seems to be mostly fan service when reading the reviews. I guess it's the uncensored version on bluray? 😆
Unsure - according to MVM on twitter they're waiting for it to be rated by BBFC. Hence I am keeping my US pre-order instead, as not sure it would get by BBFC unscathed.

Unsure - according to MVM on twitter they're waiting for it to be rated by BBFC. Hence I am keeping my US pre-order instead, as not sure it would get by BBFC unscathed.
Unless age is mentioned, it should be fine as an 18 for "strong nudity" like Yuuna and DxD were. I had a look at the Uncensored screenshots as the JP Blu-rays came along and I don't see anything that would cause major concern, granted I haven't watched the show so I can't completely say with confidence yet. I don't think it'll be as raunchy as Valkyrie Drive though.

Unless age is mentioned, it should be fine as an 18 for "strong nudity" like Yuuna and DxD were. I had a look at the Uncensored screenshots as the JP Blu-rays came along and I don't see anything that would cause major concern, granted I haven't watched the show so I can't completely say with confidence yet. I don't think it'll be as raunchy as Valkyrie Drive though.
this is pretty much like Teletubbies in comparison to Valkyrie Drive, i can't remember if the idols mention their ages but i think if they do that may be the only thing that angers the BBFC since i think they do go topless somewhere
they are pretty annoying characters so they anger me lol

Back