UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I want that poster...

It's set in the same universe but the stories are different, there are returning characters however. So while you won't get any direct spoilers it does make it easier to guess the mystery. Honestly it's strongly recommended to play them in order but you can just play Umineko if you really want to.

When They Cry is my favorite visual novel series. If you have any questions about the games we can make a thread if you like and you can tag me :)
Ah I thought that maybe only one character sort of made an appearance in Umineko. Interesting.

I take it that you would still recommend the VN for Higurashi in addition to the original anime? Definitely would be interested in a thread on those in the future, though won't be able to contribute anything in the short term unfortunately as others on my list to get through and then the usual busy schedule due to work and generally very limited time for hobbies!

And yeah that poster is pretty cool for a fan.

Ah I thought that maybe only one character sort of made an appearance in Umineko. Interesting.

I take it that you would still recommend the VN for Higurashi in addition to the original anime? Definitely would be interested in a thread on those in the future, though won't be able to contribute anything in the short term unfortunately as others on my list to get through and then the usual busy schedule due to work and generally very limited time for hobbies!

And yeah that poster is pretty cool for a fan.
I do recomend Higurashi certainly but with the mod, you get a lot more from the visual novel than the anime as well. The first chapter is absolutely free as well.

I'm not someone who recommends Manga or VN's over an anime adaptation as they are usually good enough I think, but honestly this is my exception. The modders have a discord I frequent (this is a common discussion for us) if you want the link I can PM it to you.

I do recomend Higurashi certainly but with the mod, you get a lot more from the visual novel than the anime as well. The first chapter is absolutely free as well.

I'm not someone who recommends Manga or VN's over an anime adaptation as they are usually good enough I think, but honestly this is my exception. The modders have a discord I frequent (this is a common discussion for us) if you want the link I can PM it to you.
Top tip, thank you! I'm sold on the VNs and especially remembering how well the plot is woven in Higurashi, to hear such high praise for the VN makes it very enticing indeed. I'd be totally lost in a discord and please forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming that is a chat group and the Higurashi available on Steam is the modded one (I'm obviously totally clueless in these matters...)

Top tip, thank you! I'm sold on the VNs and especially remembering how well the plot is woven in Higurashi, to hear such high praise for the VN makes it very enticing indeed. I'd be totally lost in a discord and please forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming that is a chat group and the Higurashi available on Steam is the modded one (I'm obviously totally clueless in these matters...)
Discord is similar to a forums where we just chat about the games and get the news about the latest releases. If you choose to get the game you will need to download and apply the mod yourself but they have made it very easy to do so. I suggest try it out with the free chapter before spending money just to be safe. I'm aware we've gone off topic so I'll PM you some further details.

Only just realised that studio orange did land of lustrous, which further reassures me on the CGI given their work on beastars!

I thought I was done with the spending spree in the Christmas sales but have just gone and ordered land of lustrous and hanasaku iroha; savings in the long run but my poor wallet...

I have not watched or read Higurashi (though I have limited snippet knowledge due to it being somewhat notoriously famous.)
Umineko can still be read without Higurashi. Though there are some dabbling references and teases left on the open. But those conversely made me get somewhat interested in Higurashi, despite I previously (some 13 years ago) swore I'd stay the hell away from it.

I have not watched or read Higurashi (though I have limited snippet knowledge due to it being somewhat notoriously famous.)
Umineko can still be read without Higurashi. Though there are some dabbling references and teases left on the open. But those conversely made me get somewhat interested in Higurashi, despite I previously (some 13 years ago) swore I'd stay the hell away from it.
Why are you avoiding Higurashi just curious? It's far more vanilla than Umineko.

Good evening, does anyone know if MVM will release a "collector's edition" (with the box i mean, just like those 4 in the image) of final season and the rest of the first season of Monogatari? Thanks in advance
IMG-20210105-224752.jpg

Good evening, does anyone know if MVM will release a "collector's edition" (with the box i mean, just like those 4 in the image) of final season and the rest of the first season of Monogatari? Thanks in advance
IMG-20210105-224752.jpg
they've said in the past they want to do one but it's all down to aniplex, basically if you see one announced for the US then MVM will most likely be releasing one down the road too

IMG-20210105-224752.jpg
My guess is they might do a Nise + Neko Black set as that has been released in Japan, maybe they could also do a separate collectors edition of Bake. There might be a Final Season set if they do one in Japan (which I hope they do because I want a standalone soundtrack release)

My guess is they might do a Nise + Neko Black set as that has been released in Japan, maybe they could also do a separate collectors edition of Bake. There might be a Final Season set if they do one in Japan (which I hope they do because I want a standalone soundtrack release)
Considering how many times the current Nise boxset has been on sale it either didn't sell well or they seriously over printed it. Either way I can't see them releasing it for a 3rd time...

I hope they do, since I'd like to own all the series in the same format/"edition". Fingers crossed🤞

Back