UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I know MVM have said they'll be announcing their Q1 schedule during the 12 days sale but what do we think/hope they'll have?

As they seem to be the only ones touching Sentai's goodies I'd like to see them pick up Food Wars s3 & s4 as Manga have given up on it and a boy can buy dream but To Love Ru!! (Definitely never gonna happen with the BBFC costs and then actually getting it through the BBFC unscathed)

I know MVM have said they'll be announcing their Q1 schedule during the 12 days sale but what do we think/hope they'll have?

As they seem to be the only ones touching Sentai's goodies I'd like to see them pick up Food Wars s3 & s4 as Manga have given up on it and a boy can buy dream but To Love Ru!! (Definitely never gonna happen with the BBFC costs and then actually getting it through the BBFC unscathed)
I think TLR Darkness is the one that is more concerning but the original should be fine.

In terms of MVM announcements, I still want Rascal Dreaming Girl but as mentioned Aniplex is being slow on that part.

Rosario + Vampire I believe MVM said was a potential Blu-ray upgrade in their catalogue so that's one potential appearance.

More steelbooks could occur, maybe replicas of Sentai sets like the ef ~ A Tale of Memories & Melodies and Monster Musume.

If MVM wants to tackle more Aniplex titles, Blend-S is one worth going after.

If I can put a far out hope out there. I hope they announce that they've stolen the Index liscense since Manga UK have stated they have no plans to continue when asked.

If I can put a far out hope out there. I hope they announce that they've stolen the Index liscense since Manga UK have stated they have no plans to continue when asked.
I mean Manga are probably waiting for a complete collection set. Besides the Index franchise from Season 3 onwards belongs to Funimation so MVM won't be able to touch it either way.

I think TLR Darkness is the one that is more concerning but the original should be fine.

In terms of MVM announcements, I still want Rascal Dreaming Girl but as mentioned Aniplex is being slow on that part.

Rosario + Vampire I believe MVM said was a potential Blu-ray upgrade in their catalogue so that's one potential appearance.

More steelbooks could occur, maybe replicas of Sentai sets like the ef ~ A Tale of Memories & Melodies and Monster Musume.

If MVM wants to tackle more Aniplex titles, Blend-S is one worth going after.
I'd be up for an upgrade for R+V. Another upgrade I'd go for is 'Is The A Zombie?' But I don't know how well that did sales wise... also Mayo Chiki! Especially now there's a dub available.

I'm hoping for a Armoured Trooper Votoms release. Currently there is a complete collection that collects the main TV series and countless OVAs and further series.
I believe it's a Sentai Filmworks release and MVM used to release some titles from Sentai if I'm not mistaken.

It will be great if it does get released

I'm hoping for a Armoured Trooper Votoms release. Currently there is a complete collection that collects the main TV series and countless OVAs and further series.
I believe it's a Sentai Filmworks release and MVM used to release some titles from Sentai if I'm not mistaken.

It will be great if it does get released
Technically it's Maiden Japan but it still counts and it should be possible to sub-license. The only issue is that VOTOMS got a re-author which fixed the SD-BD problems so if MVM does get the license and uses the old discs instead, that's a problem. BBFC may also be an issue due to the large amount of episodes/OVAs it has.

Can think of a few Sentai things that either perhaps too short like 'Kase-san and the Morning Glories' or perhaps too long like 'The Pet Girl of Sakurasou' that seem unlikely to me but i'd interested. Otherwise it's the Aniplex guessing game (Oresuki is likely both way too early and not a likely pickup to me but I would to see it sometime here!)

Pet Girl of Sakurasou is the most obvious Sentai title that jumps out to me that I'd like them to pick up. Maybe Fist of the North Star tv series and Hajime no Ippo from discotek, although I'm not sure how much bbfc costs would be an obstacle.

Back